Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Looking for a partner in stocking my freezer
Previous  1  2  3  Next

nicole81

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:52 pm
hello 1 wrote:
Pastrami pizzas freeze well?
I make them in the mazors mini pizza rounds?

I use those rounds for my lachmajeen and freeze hundreds. They come out great.

froodles

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:59 pm
So far I only did 5 lbs of challa but this post is putting me in a cooking mood! Tnx. Can I please have the recipe for the pastrami pizzas?

srbmom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:36 pm
I usually use this recipe
https://www.copymethat.com/r/I.....c-ma/

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:42 pm
If I filled my 17 CU SF freezer with 30 Challahs, I don't think I'd have room in there for anything else.

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:56 pm
Right dont think that makes sense. 15 × 9x13 pans on one shelf plus 30 challos

emzod42

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:58 pm
how do you freeze kugels in 9x13s? Wrap in foil well? Do you need to buy x-large ziplocs too?

hello 1

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:08 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I use those rounds for my lachmajeen and freeze hundreds. They come out great.

Thank you -
Will try it!

hello 1

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:14 pm
froodles wrote:
So far I only did 5 lbs of challa but this post is putting me in a cooking mood! Tnx. Can I please have the recipe for the pastrami pizzas?

I do it in Mazor pizza rounds (36 in a pkg)
But can also do on the long rectangular pizza flatbread.

For the rounds I pierce with a fork, bake on 400 about 10 minutes. In the meantime I dice pastrami cold cuts (I use the Costco meal mart pkg) and sauté with bbq sauce. Then either I make garlic mayo (mix mayonnaise and a few cloves of garlic) or buy. Smear over the rounds. I put a glove on and put mounds of the pastrami over the garlic mayo.
Then bake again for about 10-12 minutes.

srbmom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:21 pm
I don't know...maybe my challahs just aren't so big. From a 5lb bag of flour I make 10 round challahs- they're like medium sizish. I have about 20 in the big drawer at the bottom and another ten taking up half a shelf.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:37 pm
srbmom wrote:
I don't know...maybe my challahs just aren't so big. From a 5lb bag of flour I make 10 round challahs- they're like medium sizish. I have about 20 in the big drawer at the bottom and another ten taking up half a shelf.

Thats why you have space for that many by me its a lb a challah- so 5 lbs make 5 challahs.

srbmom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:46 pm
Quote:

how do you freeze kugels in 9x13s? Wrap in foil well? Do you need to buy x-large ziplocs too?

Yes, put a double layer of foil on top and then two of the xlarge ziploc bags.
Lots of times though I'll actually make one recipe and then split it into 2 rounds or 3 squares to bake instead so I don't have to take out so much at a time.

hello 1

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:57 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Thats why you have space for that many by me its a lb a challah- so 5 lbs make 5 challahs.

Me too.
5 lbs = 5 challos

caza

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 6:00 am
To make pastrami pizza, do you dice the sliced pastrami or diced from a chunk of pastrami?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:55 am
emzod42 wrote:

I cover the pans with foil and put each one inside a ziploc challah bag

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:06 am
srbmom wrote:

Ok that makes sense. For me 10 pounds makes 12 challahs and then I still have room for other food in the freezer.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:07 am
WOW! You guys are really getting me in a cooking mood! Everything sounds so yummy!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:08 am
emzod42 wrote:

The 2 pound Ziplocs or the off brand "challah" bags which are the same size, work well for this.

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:43 am
I freeze matzo balls in muffin tins

applesbananas

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:47 pm
Im so happy so many people are so organized! I ended up making zucchini leek soup last week and carrot muffins before shabbos. Added that to my freezer stash. Planning to make busy in Brooklyn stuffed cabbage bolognese today and hopefully kisha stuffed capons at the end of the week...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 2:09 pm
This week I'm just trying to stay on top of the mountains of laundry (scrubbing out stains) and entertainment that comes with kids being off from school. No extra cooking this week, no way no how. Just enjoying the family time.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics