Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toras emes in NMB- What are the girls like?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:46 am
what do the girls wear when not in school?
trying to figure out if my kids will fit in. Also, what do the mothers dress like?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:50 am
It's a community school so there's a wide range. From kollel families to mothers who don't cover their hair. If you fit anywhere in that range you'll fit in Smile

Boobasheli

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 11:32 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
It's a community school so there's a wide range. From kollel families to mothers who don't cover their hair. If you fit anywhere in that range you'll fit in Smile

Yup, exactly this!
I would say the majority are right in between that. Mothers cover their hair, at least partially. And most girls wear skirts and sandals/flipflops (no socks).

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:59 pm
The above is correct. There are families who are as tznius and tznius can be and there are families where I see the girls running around in leggins (no skirt on top) and short sleeve tees.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:33 pm
why would someone choose to travel to torah emes opposed to torah academy in Boca?

As a parent do I have to wear tights/knee highs when going to check out the school?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
why would someone choose to travel to torah emes opposed to torah academy in Boca?

As a parent do I have to wear tights/knee highs when going to check out the school?

Boca can take up to 2+ hrs, with traffic from the Toras Emes area.
If you don’t usually wear tights then don’t.
But don’t lower your standards just because you’re moving to FL.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:11 pm
so honestly I don't wear tights but to the school that my kids go to, I wear tights because that is what the school expects. I don't want to go into a school in a way that might look like I am disrespecting what they teach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:13 pm
also I was thinking of kids that live in Hollywood and go to NMB instead of Boca. why would a person chose one over the other?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
also I was thinking of kids that live in Hollywood and go to NMB instead of Boca. why would a person chose one over the other?

Hollywood is closer to NMB than to Boca. But parents choose the school that they feel would be the best fit. Isn't that true everywhere there are choices?

Boobasheli

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 6:04 pm
From Hollywood to toras emes, there is a bus and it's a 20 minute commute. Torah Academy in boca is 45 minutes away and there is no school bus.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:50 am
that makes sense- thank you Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating