Home

Ideas for Bris Seuda on Ch'M

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 1:33 pm
IY"H we will most probably have a Bris on Chol HaMoed. There is no caterer here and I'll be already precooking and baking for our own YT, so no Koach left for the Bris Seuda.

What have you served on such a day? Any ideas?

We thought about serving cold cuts, breads and salads. But this seems so bland and not kovedig.

Also, we thought that people might prefer the seuda right after the bris in the morning, because for most it is a day for outings. What do you think? I'm at a loss here and would appreciate any ideas!

TIA!
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 1:37 pm
We made a Bris on chol hamoed and served the standard bris breakfast spread...
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
We made a Bris on chol hamoed and served the standard bris breakfast spread...


thank you! what did it include? milchig?
Back to top

Raisin




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:51 pm
Some people have minhag to serve meat. I think cold cuts are totally acceptable. Get nice bread, good cold cuts, salads that are easy to prep.

You can have platters of both cold cuts and fish, egg salad (for those who don't want meat early in the morning) or do fish and milchigs. (cheese danishes, cheese cakes, tuna salad, salmon etc)

I think brunch time is fine...10/11 oclock. People will have plenty of time for ouings after that.

Do you have a planned csection that you already know the day???
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you! what did it include? milchig?


It was catered by a bagel store. Bagels, spreads, cheese, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, pastries and drinks.
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
It was catered by a bagel store. Bagels, spreads, cheese, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, pastries and drinks.


While people here refer to a minhag to serve meat, I have quite literally never been to a fleishig bris. Its always milchig, and almost always bagels and spreads.
Back to top

Fave




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:53 pm
I made a Bris on Chip Hamoed Sukkos 9 years ago (time flies!) It was beautiful as families weren’t rushing to work/school.

We knew in advance that ppl will spend more time there (not just grab a bagel and run) so we ordered more food than the usual midweek Bris.
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:15 pm
If it’s cold, have a soup. It could easily be made in advance. Put it on a single burner with a pile of bowls nearby.
At least the men will be in the sukkah. Plan for the weather.
Ask someone to prepare salmon which makes it more kavodik than just bagels or deli meats.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IY"H we will most probably have a Bris on Chol HaMoed. There is no caterer here and I'll be already precooking and baking for our own YT, so no Koach left for the Bris Seuda.

What have you served on such a day? Any ideas?

We thought about serving cold cuts, breads and salads. But this seems so bland and not kovedig.

Also, we thought that people might prefer the seuda right after the bris in the morning, because for most it is a day for outings. What do you think? I'm at a loss here and would appreciate any ideas!

TIA!


Nothing not bekavodik to me about cold cuts, etc.
Seuda usually is right after the bris. It is a mitzvah, don't push it off.
A milchig/pareve spread - bagels, lox, etc. - is also fine.

Don't worry about it being Pinterest-worthy, though I'm sure with even reasonably priced paper goods it will look beautiful. The guest of honor, I.e. your baby b'shaa tova certainly won't care. And I promise you Eliyahu Hanavi won't stiff the event either.

Keep it real and stay sane.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:41 pm
Iymnok wrote:
If it’s cold, have a soup. It could easily be made in advance. Put it on a single burner with a pile of bowls nearby.
At least the men will be in the sukkah. Plan for the weather.
Ask someone to prepare salmon which makes it more kavodik than just bagels or deli meats.


Yes, this isn't Pesach. People will mish. If family or friends offer, do take them up on it.
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:47 pm
Just do what’s easy for you. Bagels lox and cream cheese or what you already suggested. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself
Back to top

amother




Cyan


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 4:51 pm
If self catering do very simple:

Bagels
Danishes and donuts
Cream cheese containers
Lox platters (put out on cardboard from store)
Orange juice
Premade ice coffee.
Water

Setup Buffett style
Leftover candy platters from shalom zachor

Paper goods - plates, forks, knives, cups.
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 6:06 pm
It all depends on your budget
Remember everyone will come and stay to eat

There was something I saw at a bris that was quite unique, fancy.
They had a bbq with an aluminum sheet pan and a big slab of spiced salmon. The bbq kept it hot. It was very fancy looking
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 26 2019, 11:10 pm
Ive seen milchig for women, sometimes at home. Reg catered fleishig meal for men in shul. Men will need a sukka to accomodate them . Usually shul's sukka is bigger than home sukkah.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:24 pm
Thank you all!!! really appreciate the input Smile

We will do cold cuts, milchig and fish are way too expensive where we live
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 3:49 pm
A large grilled chicken salad might add the little extra to make it feel special.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Funny Chanukah game ideas! 6 Yesterday at 6:29 am View last post
Gedempte Chicken for Shabbos Day Seuda
by crsofnj
0 Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:40 pm View last post
Bulk gift ideas!
by amother
0 Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:34 pm View last post
Morning Bris ceremony and separate afternoon Seudah
by amother
15 Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:39 pm View last post
Out of the box chanukah gift ideas- for men
by amother
21 Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:52 pm View last post

Jump to: