Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Gardasil
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:53 pm
I have read some information on the Gardasil and it seems that a lot of girls who get this vaccine have bad reactions, and also that when they tested the vaccine for safety before they got it out on the market, they did something tricky. One group of girls/women got the vaccine, another group got aluminum (which is contained in the vaccine and can cause its own problems from what I hear), and a third group got a real placebo (saline solution). However, when they reported in the results, they COMBINED the last two groups because they did not want to show that the girls who got the real placebo had no bad reactions but the other two groups DID get bad reactions. Has anyone on here looked into this vaccine? It is supposed to be given to nine year old boys and girls to prevent cervical cancer. I have to research this more to find out more, but this is what I know at the moment.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:56 pm
I got it. And I only talk about myself because I’m only 25 and my kid is still young. The only reaction I had was soreness at the injection spot. Hurt for a good couple of days after each shot. Other than that, nothing else. Same with my sister. Of course, we are just two people in a sea of others who’ve gotten the shot.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:57 pm
Why was this post reported? Nobody is allowed to question vaccines?

ETA: Isn't there a vaccine forum? Can this be moved there? I was rather enjoying not seeing these threads.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:01 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

ETA: Isn't there a vaccine forum? Can this be moved there? I was rather enjoying not seeing these threads.

I reported it to ask the mods to move it to the vaccines forum LOL

Goldy1

Forest Green: I wonder if it makes a difference if you get it when you are 25 or when you are nine ?? How long ago did you get the vaccine? I think they are talking about long term reactions ? I have to look into this more.

singleagain

amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

I did not report it. But most likely it was reported as being in the wrong forum, as we now have a forum dedicated to vaccines of all kinds.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:05 pm
Goldy1 wrote:
Forest Green: I wonder if it makes a difference if you get it when you are 25 or when you are nine ?? How long ago did you get the vaccine? I think they are talking about long term reactions ? I have to look into this more.

I got mine at 10 or 11. I just said 25 because I’m still young so it’s still a little recent (okay, 15 years might not be so recent).

sky

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:07 pm
I’m on the fence. Didn’t give it yet. But now thinking to give it hearing about frum people that could’ve been protected.
Still not sure.
I’d like for it to be around a bit longer.
I give other all other shots.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:16 pm
I’m pushing off giving to my kids bec I heard it causes infertility

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:17 pm
I see that it is supposed to prevent cervical cancer but if someone has a pap test yearly, which has no side effects at all, then accd to the American Cancer Society they will not get cervical cancer. Also it doesnt seem to make sense to give a vaccine to a nine year old child when cervical cancer doesnt occur till at least forty I believe. and who knows if a vaccine will last that long bec it seem they are discovering that many vaccines are not lasting forever. so maybe it is better to play it safe and just go for the pap test yearly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:18 pm
To Slategray: That is pretty scary. Where did you see that? If there is any chance that that might happen then I would definitely want to stay away from this if a pap test can handle any problems!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see that it is supposed to prevent cervical cancer but if someone has a pap test yearly, which has no side effects at all, then accd to the American Cancer Society they will not get cervical cancer. Also it doesnt seem to make sense to give a vaccine to a nine year old child when cervical cancer doesnt occur till at least forty I believe. and who knows if a vaccine will last that long bec it seem they are discovering that many vaccines are not lasting forever. so maybe it is better to play it safe and just go for the pap test yearly.

I think you misunderstood the American Cancer society recommendations. Sometimes a pap smear detects precancerous cells, and cervical cancer can be prevented in this way. But a pap smear is also important because it can detect cervical cancer in the early stages, allowing for better survival rates. Having an annual pap smear does NOT mean someone can't get cervical cancer. It just gives them a better shot at detecting it early and surviving it.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Read up on HPV. Even with regular Pap smears you can still have bad complications to the virus (precancerous cells in the cervix that have to be removed) and can still end up with full blown cancer, though it’s less likely. The complications of HPV can affect pregnancy and fertility.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:40 pm
I found this information on line: According to the CDC, the number of cervical cancers diagnosed each year that are “probably caused by any HPV type” is 10,751 (out of a current US female population of 168,082,484). Gardasil does not handle all the HPV types that there are ..only nine actually. And these nine cause 70 percent of cervical cancers. So this vaccine will not prevent the other 30 percent. Also I wonder why the CDC writes "probably caused"? Are they saying they do not know for sure that cervical cancer comes from HPV? I would be wary about this vaccine just in case it does cause long term side effects that I am reading about. I think the pap smear is a better choice until they know more about this vaccine.

Goldy1

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:59 pm
I used to work for a medical publishing company. So I have some knowledge on researching. I am came across these three articles. I think this issue is not black and white!

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.co.....12151
Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine and Primary Ovarian Failure: Another Facet of the Autoimmune/Inflammatory Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants American Journal of Reproductive Immunology (July 2013)
All three patients developed secondary amenorrhea following HPV vaccinations, which did not resolve upon treatment with hormone replacement therapies.
According to these clinical features, a diagnosis of primary ovarian failure (POF) was determined which also fulfilled the required criteria for the ASIA syndrome.
Conclusion: We documented here the evidence of the potential of the HPV vaccine to trigger a life-disabling autoimmune condition. The increasing number of similar reports of post HPV vaccine-linked autoimmunity and the uncertainty of long-term clinical benefits of HPV vaccination are a matter of public health that warrants further rigorous inquiry.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....5978/
A link between human papilloma virus vaccination and primary ovarian insufficiency (POI): current analysis.
Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology (August 2015)

Recent Findings: An increasing number of cases of POI post-HPV4 are being reported. Possible mechanisms for the suspected effect of HPV on female reproductive function are a toxic effect or an autoimmune response. The trigger could be the vaccine immunogen contents or the adjuvants, the latter are used to increase the immune reaction. The adjuvant in HPV4 contains aluminum. Animal models have shown aluminum exposure to inhibit expression of female reproductive hormones and to induce histologic changes in the ovaries.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....5627/
Adolescent Premature Ovarian Insufficiency Following Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: A Case Series Seen in General Practice. Journal of Investigative Medicine High Impact Case (2014)

Three young women who developed premature ovarian insufficiency following quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination presented to a general practitioner in rural New South Wales, Australia…. Enduring ovarian capacity and duration of function following vaccination is unresearched in preclinical studies, clinical and postlicensure studies. ... The potential significance of a case series of adolescents with idiopathic premature ovarian insufficiency following HPV vaccination presenting to a general practice warrants further research.

behappy2

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:03 pm
Confused by this thread. Are you asking or telling?

Goldy1

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:13 pm
Be happy 2: Not sure who you are addressing your question to but if to me, I am not asking or telling.. I am just wondering what is the truth with this vaccine! Is it more harmful than helpful, or more helpful than harmful?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:19 pm
My pediatrician just offered this vaccine for my 11yo DS. This dr is extremely pro-vaccine - he is not frum, and a majority of his patients are not Jewish - he did not push this vaccine at all. He offered it, I said I'm not interested, he replied totally makes sense and that was the end of the discussion.
For me all the controversy involved with it makes it enough of a reason not to give it to my yeshiva-educated son that on the tiny chance may one day need it ba"h

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:34 pm
It's crazy that the HPV is targeting such a young demographic but what do I know they give newborns hepatitis b!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:09 pm
Although it is most effective if given several years before a child starts to have relations, it's now approved for use up to age 45. Celebate children don't benefit and don't lose anything by waiting.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics