Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Birth control in Israel for Seminary daughter

mom1000

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:51 am
My daughter is going to Israel for the year. She was prescribed birth control for heavy periods. How would she go about getting a prescription in Israel?

Boobasheli

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:58 am
I believe the seminaries advise on international medical insurance. Perhaps you can ask the seminary she will be attending?

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:05 am
When my daughter needed a long term medication in seminary the insurance company let me fill six months at a time. We went to visit to bring her the second six months, but finding someone going just once shouldn’t be too hard.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:18 am
Have her doctor write a letter to your pharmacist, and see if you can get a one year supply because she will be leaving the country. Pharmacists can often make an exception based on that. It's not like BC pills are a heavily regulated drug.

Have her carry a copy of her prescription and doctor's letter with her. If something happens (lost luggage, stolen purse, etc.) she can have a local pharmacy call and confirm the prescription, and they'll fill it the next business day.

SuperPharm is your best bet for this.

Of course, get her comprehensive travel insurance as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics