Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Close to 200 pounds:(
Previous  1  2  3  Next

clowny

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:45 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
Hi,
You are not alone at all.
I am 5'2 and probably around 190.
I go to the gym a few times a week.
I try to stay away from sugar as much as I can.
I try to dress well and wear makeup and jewelry.
It is what it is

I love your last sentence. It is what it is!! Love the attitude. I’m going to start using it.
Im 5.2 weighing over 200 lbs. Been struggling all my life but....
It is what it is!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
5 months ago I was 5'2 and 185. Definitely obese.

I started keto and now I'm down to 160. Still far from.skinny but at least I'm out of the obese category.

You're actually thinner than I was when I started.

Obese is just a medical term. You can’t use it as a rule. Every person carries their weight differently. Im 5.2 and weigh 185 lbs and I don’t think anybody would ever describe me as obese. I’m not gonna say I’m thin but I don’t appear to be anything close to obese. I look nice n fit. My sister otoh, is the same height and weight as me but appears 30 lbs more and does look obese.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:18 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I know this feels awful but since I'm 5'4" and at one point I weighed 200+ I looked in the mirror and for sure I looked worse. But I didn't let myself feel terrible. And my husband loved me whatever I weighed, which helped. But I've since lost weight. I know weigh about 175 and probably don't look a whole lot different than you do. But my doctor's happy, I know, I just had a physical. I've hit a plateau and she's very encouraging. I told her that I'd rather lose these 20 lbs. (where I started, about what you weigh now) and keep them off, then kill myself losing more and putting it back on because I'll feel deprived on whatever diet I'm on.

I totally agree!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:28 pm
5 months ago I was 5'2 and 185. Definitely obese.

I started keto and now I'm down to 160. Still far from.skinny but at least I'm out of the obese category.

You're actually thinner than I was when I started.

You go girl!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:31 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did anyone try the Intermittent Fast Diet? Im so determined to lose...Im in the same boat.
My sister lost 30 pounds, in 8 months. You fast twice a week, only coffee in morning and 500 calories for dinner with lots of water in between. Do you think it could work for us?

You might want to research intermittent fasting more carefully than just this. This is ONE way to do it and probably better to just not eat for two days. In general Low calorie when fasting is not helpful!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:32 pm
I am 5'7", and 200lbs. I try not to let it borther me ... obviously, it's hard. I lost 15 last winter when I started walking home from work, but gained it back when school ended. Now I am pregnant, B"H, and about to start back to school ... it's hard. I try to eat well, but it's hard. But my DH loves me, and I am happier than ever before, so I try not to let my weight get me down.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:37 pm
Also in this boat....I am 5"2 and 163 pounds. I would love to lose weight. I think it's more excercise by me but just no patience. I can probably cut down food wise also. I don't eat any dairy, white flour , white sugar.
Today I ate:
A RX bar in the morning
A leafy salad with salmon for lunch. A bit of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing.
Another bar when I got home.
Supper was flounder, baked sweet potato and Yukon gold potatoes , peas and lettuce.
I only drink water

I Know I need to drink more Also.

Any help how to lose my weight? Wanna lose 30 pounds ...

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Also in this boat....I am 5"2 and 163 pounds. I would love to lose weight. I think it's more excercise by me but just no patience. I can probably cut down food wise also. I don't eat any dairy, white flour , white sugar.
Today I ate:
A RX bar in the morning
A leafy salad with salmon for lunch. A bit of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing.
Another bar when I got home.
Supper was flounder, baked sweet potato and Yukon gold potatoes , peas and lettuce.
I only drink water

I Know I need to drink more Also.

Any help how to lose my weight? Wanna lose 30 pounds ...

What are the ingredients in the RX bar?
Maybe cut out the potatoes at supper.
Do you exercise?
We're about the same height and weight (although I started out heavier). Ideally I'd like to lose another 25 pounds but I'd be happy with getting down to 145.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:49 pm
What are the ingredients in the RX bar?
Maybe cut out the potatoes at supper.
Do you exercise?
We're about the same height and weight (although I started out heavier). Ideally I'd like to lose another 25 pounds but I'd be happy with getting down to 145.

RX bar is made with dates. Coconuts
and some chocolate chunk
Regarding potatoes, I need to cut them out more but already cut out a bunch, it's my favorite food though so. Really hard to cut out completely.
I just got a treadmill and have been doing like twenty minutes most nights...bit other than that not much unless u coun the stairs at work (I did walk 8 miles this past Shabbos!)

turca

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:43 pm
Hi there!
I’m 200lbs. 5’7”. I would love to lose 30 lbs. I’m in my late 30s and 4 months pp.
Next week I’m back to work. Too much good food in Deal. As I’m lazy to pack lunch, I hope to lose weight by fasting.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:49 pm
I treid the sadkins diet worked very well lost about 30 lb didnt need to lose more and im keeping it off

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:03 pm
Brain over binge book and even better the podcast

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:17 pm
OP, I’m the same height and weight as you. I consider myself a little heavier than average. Yes, my BMI is marginally obese, but I carry it well. It’s mostly in my hips. I’ve been all over the map with my weight. I was losing steadily for a while, and recently gained about 10 lbs but I still feel okay as a person. When I was much younger I was too underweight from an eating disorder and I can guarantee you I feel better about myself and more whole as a person now than I did back then. A hundred thousand percent. I’m healthy and my weight doesn’t affect my blood pressure or sugars or anything else thank God. Weight isn’t everything. I’m build a little heavier. Realistically for my build I’m only maybe 20 or 30 lbs overweight, no matter what the BMI charts say. I know my body. Yes I’d love to be thinner but I’ve grown into myself as a person and I actually feel better about my body now than I ever used to. It comes from within. When I stopped telling myself I SHOULD weigh less as a moral judgment, and identified with my accomplishments and roles in life, that’s when I started feeling stronger about myself. It was a long process of many years and I’m not totally there yet but it’s better than it ever was for me before.

gamanit

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:39 pm
https://highline.huffingtonpos.....rong/

losingweight

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:19 am
I'm in a similar boat as the rest of you. I was a very thin girl. Always lost my baby weight and hovered around 150. Been on so many diets the past 15 months. I exercise well. and the weight is stuck at 183. I didn't want to go clothing shopping because I cant stand the full length mirrors in the stores. Beginning of the summer I decided that my mental health comes before my physical look. I'm eating healthy and whatever will be will be.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:20 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Im 5 6 and 220. Rock bottom. Can ee diet together? I had 2 pieces ww bread and cheese for bf. Tuna wrap for lunch. Just had an ices. Hope to have chicken and meat with potatoes for supper

Fruit! Veggies!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 4:31 pm
So I'm 212 lbs, but I'm also 5'9" and carry my weight oddly. I think it's all in my hips/rear and also my chest (I'm an H cup), so it's hidden under A-line skirts and loose tops and nobody thinks I'm obese, even though technically according to BMI charts I am. I've gained SOME weight in my waist, but I discovered today that I still fit into skirts I wore eight years ago in shidduchim, when I was probably 160 lbs. The conclusion I'm drawing from this is not to look at the numbers on the scale. When summer's over, I'm going to work on healthy eating and exercising, but that's mostly just because I know I ought to cut soda out and I want better strength/stamina. I expect I'll lose a few pounds from that, but that's not necessarily the end goal. Basically I know myself and I worry that if I start to diet/watch the scale that I'll put myself at risk for an eating disorder.

sunset

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 4:32 pm
You may need to change your subconscious beliefs. You can google about that. Do visualizations 3x a day imagining yourself at the weight you want and emotionally feeling how amazing that would feel.
Don't constantly think "I hate my weight" because you will just attract more of that to your life.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 4:55 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did anyone try the Intermittent Fast Diet? Im so determined to lose...Im in the same boat.
My sister lost 30 pounds, in 8 months. You fast twice a week, only coffee in morning and 500 calories for dinner with lots of water in between. Do you think it could work for us?

It will work temporarily and as soon as you start eating normally again you’ll gain it right back,

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:27 pm
I feel the same op. I'm 5'5" 213 lb. Totally not happy with myself. Already did 8 diets, on some of them I lost, some not. Some I maintained longer, some lasted 3 weeks.
I started sadkin yesterday. So far it doesn't sound too bad.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise