Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What weird things have you done with mom brain?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

MGmom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 4:59 pm
Fridge -cabinet thing swap, all the time!!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Been looking for my socks all week long n found in potato cabinet when wanted to make my kugel!
Calling my kids everyone’s name but their own.
Instructing cleaning lady to wash wall instead of floor and see her on a ladder wash it top to bottom. Never mind I’m enjoying my fresh walls.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:15 pm
I just had a baby and I'm almost losing my mind. Every other day I go into the shower with my snood on. In middle of the night I mistakenly gave my baby a bottle with the cover under the nipple still on. I couldn't figure out why he's sucking so hard and screaming. I put a load of dirty smelly shmattas into the dryer instead of the wash, DH folded that load and put it away. It took me time to realize why the towels stink. And countless other absent minded things I can't think of now...

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:17 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I just had a baby and I'm almost losing my mind. Every other day I go into the shower with my snood on. In middle of the night I mistakenly gave my baby a bottle with the cover under the nipple still on. I couldn't figure out why he's sucking so hard and screaming. I put a load if dirty smell shmattas into the dryer instead of the wash, DH folded that load and put it away. It took my time to realize why the towels stink. And countless other absent minded things I can't think of now...

🤗🤗
Mazel Tov!! You are excused for ALL mom brained stuff. Magic word is hormones....

Shep loads of nachas and rest as often as possible!

Rappel

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:33 pm
Oh L-rd, what HAVEN'T I done? I definitely used to be an intelligent woman. I think.

Sidenote: I don't know why there isn't a moratorium on pp driving. Gosh, if I can't even remember whether I'm waving my baby or his dirty diaper at you, then how can I be allowed to turn into traffic?

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:42 pm
So many things. Lose my keys and phone constantly. Tried to make challah in the bread machine without the hook in the pan. Then forgot to add the eggs. Had to throw out so much flour because I kept on messing up the dough. Put away cheese on the computer instead of in the fridge. Constantly missing a bottle part and wondering why the bottle is leaking all over me.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:58 pm
How many times have I lost my phone?!?!
Best place I have found it was with my car keys, in the fridge.
Additionally, yesterday I was on the phone with my sister, while trying to leave for work. What was holding me up? I couldn't fine my phone anywhere. This went on for 20 minutes. I exasperatedly told my sister and she asked me where I last saw it then we both realized we were on it!!!! She has kids too.

Chazak613

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:12 pm
My brain has gotten soo fried I don't even remember all the dumb mistakes and I know have made plenty. Oh well.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:12 pm
Holding my toddler while looking for her

Probably a ton more stuff but my mommy brain...can’t remember them at the moment.

simba

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:11 pm
Was 2 months PP and making Pesach. Couldn’t find my keys all Pesach. Found them when we opened up the locked chametz freezer after Yom Tov.

I’m constantly starting my coffee machine without putting the coffee in, filling up cups of hot water somehow doesn’t do the caffeine trick.

cbg

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:38 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:
I'm a high school teacher. Arrived to class with one navy wedge shoe, and one black heeled shoe on other foot.

LOL I’ve done that

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:56 pm
BatyaEsther, I am rolling.
Was just searching for my fork.. (where is it, I just had it!) Obvs it was in my hand...

Is anyone else laughing as hard as I am from this thread?
Oh, and I won't even mention all the wrong words I type by work when I'm on no sleep.

polka dots

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:04 pm
Early morning groggily poured formula into my coffee and coffee into bottle... oops!

teachkids

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:30 pm
Poured the baby's oatmeal into my coffee instead of sugar. (Yes, I drank it anyway)

Lose my keys and phone on a daily basis.

Constantly using the wrong words.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:42 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Fun thread!

Accidentally dialed my boss instead of my husband, and gave him my entire Costco list. I give my boss credit for patiently waiting while I listed detergent, Pam, olive oil, tissues, paper towels, freshwipes, Tylenol and men's deodorant before saying,

"Will you be picking this up from my house or should I just bring it to the office with me?" Can't Believe It

I cracked up laughing at your bosses reply. Your lucky he has a sense of humor about it. LOL

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:46 pm
Laid my baby onto my three year olds coat and proceeded to put her arms into it. I kept adjusting her, wondering why I can’t get both her hands into it!!
Almost put a fork with chicken into her mouth instead of my toddlers. She opened her mouth so excitedly!!
I poured dh an ounce of water when he asked for something to drink 😂

Oh and I repeat my stories to my friend a hundred times. And when she says you told me already, I’m like when?? And she says ummm yesterday, remember?

Do I get an award or something?!?!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:53 pm
singleagain wrote:
I cracked up laughing at your bosses reply. Your lucky he has a sense of humor about it. LOL

It's probably the only reason I work for him. Doesn't take life that seriously.. And to "save face" I ended up just saying, "you know what? I think I'll just ask my husband to go to Costco. How's that?"

He was like, "all good at my end.. You do that.."

I like people who don't make you feel stoooopid the minute you say something or do something wrong. They are so much classier that way! Live and let live...

(I was gonna write " I like people that.." but that would have created quite the uproar)

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Holding my toddler while looking for her

Probably a ton more stuff but my mommy brain...can’t remember them at the moment.

Am I the only one wondering if you found her in time? Very Happy

zohar

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:43 pm
I've done lots of the above. Not turning on washing machine, forgetting to transfer laundry. Finding glasses, phone and keys in the strangest places. Etc.
During my first grocery run after giving birth to my first, I left my brand new, tags still on (first time using it), snap n go in the grocery parking lot and I didn't realize for three days!

But my favorite story did not happen to me but to an older experienced mother and grandmother. One of those women who really have it all figured out. A real balabusta. She spent a few hours making a vegetable soup and she decided that she wants to strain or the vegetables. So she puts strainer in the sink... and she pours the soup straight down the drain! LOL

elaela

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:53 pm
looking for glasses while wearing them, deseperately looking for phone while holding it...

leaving the house, lokcing the door and then noticing I AM BAREFOOT

taking the cokebottle/coffee along to the park instead of the babybottle

burning literally every food (rice, eggs....u name it)-just forgot

mixing up kids name slike ALWAYS

bathing a dressed baby

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:53 pm
zohar wrote:
I've done lots of the above. Not turning on washing machine, forgetting to transfer laundry. Finding glasses, phone and keys in the strangest places. Etc.
During my first grocery run after giving birth to my first, I left my brand new, tags still on (first time using it), snap n go in the grocery parking lot and I didn't realize for three days!

But my favorite story did not happen to me but to an older experienced mother and grandmother. One of those women who really have it all figured out. A real balabusta. She spent a few hours making a vegetable soup and she decided that she wants to strain or the vegetables. So she puts strainer in the sink... and she pours the soup straight down the drain! LOL

Omigosh, I did exactly that!!!
I was trying to figure out how I'd save just the chicken stock and no veggies, and I came up with the most brilliant idea - I'll just put the colander into the sink and pour in the soup! Well, I stood there watching in horror as the soup swirled down the drain. I frantically tried reaching for something to save my soup with... It didn't work.
Another time, I was using a fantastic spray and it really smelled like bleach. I never buy the one with bleach so I kept on reading the bottle over and over to make sure it didn't have bleach. It didn't say anything abt bleach.
Finally I mentioned something to my husband who took one look at the bottle and pointed to the bold letters "with bleach". I'm still blushing.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics