Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What weird things have you done with mom brain?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

mommyla

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:01 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:

I poured dh an ounce of water when he asked for something to drink ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've done that LOL and then he looks at me and asks "Can I have a little more than that, please?"

I have also found ice cream in the pantry more times than I'd like to admit.

marvelous

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:47 pm
paid for groceries and left the bags there.
The spanish worker called me back, it was quite mortifying.

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:51 pm
marvelous wrote:
paid for groceries and left the bags there.
The spanish worker called me back, it was quite mortifying.

Yup, I've done this too. I zipped my purse and started walking away...
It was one of those moments where you quickly look around to see if anyone else spotted you doing that.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:08 am
Ummm... While putting the kids clothing into the hamper, the diaper went along. I put a dirty pamper in the wash machine load... ugh

Uhhhhh...I prepared the fish to cook for shabbos, got busy, forgot, Before retiring for the night I put it fridge.
Shabbos during the seuda I take out the fish to serve... ugh- Raw!

eyenme

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:00 am
nanny24/7 wrote:
Gave medication to the wrong kid. This happened many times to me but luckily kid I would offer the medication too ALWAYS stopped me.

I woke up to give my husband pain medication after surgery. When he sat up, he asked me where the pill is? I took the painkiller that I prepared for him. I slept really well after that... ๐Ÿ™ˆ

oh em gee

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:27 am
Made a tricolor sorbet dessert with the kids over the week,so spread it out by doing each layer a diff day.

Sunday: made red layer then froze it
Monday:according to directions had to reblend layer one and refreeze again
Tuesday:made 2nd layer the green layer and froze
Wednesday: reblend layer 2 and refreeze on top of red layer
Thursday: made yellow layer froze it reblend and put it on top of green layer andd....
Left it on counter and went to sleep..

Beingreal

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:02 am
Guys, I am sick but you are cheering me up! Keep on going!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 3:45 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Who in the world hasn't baked at least one cake only to find out you forgot, like, the sugar? I mean.. Who is that perfect?!

My daughter still reminds me of The Great Pumpkin Pie Fail of 2014. It was epic. She'd been begging me to make pumpkin pie for her for ages. It's her all time favorite. The pies came out beautifully.

She took one bite, made a face, and spit it out. Now, she's a picky eater, so I thought she was just being difficult. I tried it, and spit it out too! Yep, no sugar. Confused

I sliced up the pies and dried them out in the oven on low heat. They made great dog treats!

rosezee

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 6:45 am
I constantly leave my keys in my front door! Iโ€™ve had a neighbor knock on my door to tell me I left them in. The mail lady told me once. And sometimes I donโ€™t notice until the next morning when I need them again!
We have an alarm system but someone could have taken our car very easily lol... Bh nothing bad has happened from it ppp

I have also bought groceries and then left them there.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I have grocery shopped only to realize I forgot my wallet in the car.

Rixter

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:57 am
I pour myself a cup of water and then thank my husband a few minutes later for pouring it for me because I dont rem pouring it! The first time it happened he told me that I rlly poured it. Then I told him to just take the credit whenever I thank him lol.

yersp

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:01 am
I made baked ziti but as soon as I took it out of the oven, couldn't remember if I had self cleaned the oven for milchigs or I had dreamt that little piece of info. So in the garbage the whole thing went. Two days later while I was preparing supper which just so happened to have been what I had made a day before the baked ziti crisis, did it hit me that yes the oven had in fact been self cleaned because I remembered at what point during preps I had actually pressed the self clean button on the oven...

While I was having contractions I was doing last minute laundry and packing up the kids clothes for the week. I had a closet that was on top of the boiler room so that made it a warm closet. What better place to put clothes to dry quickly. I hung up everything and closed the door. Needless to say the clothes definitely had a pungent moldy smell to it.

Also at that same, I was looking for a certain tichel I wanted to wear in the hospital. Couldn't find it anywhere. After coming home from hospital, my kids show me the tichel that had somehow made it into their suitcase.

any

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:03 am
Cutting watermelon for my kids ,so I had the garbage next to me and a plate on the table , after some time I see that Iโ€™m putting the seeds on the plate and the nicely cut watermelon on the garbage ๐Ÿคฃ

rosezee

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:44 am
So this morning I washed a garbage bag full of diapers..

Not even joking you guys.

My wash machine was thrashing I kept checking it so confused what happened.. did this a few times before I realized it was thrashing because a bathroom garbage bag somehow made it in the hamper I dumped into the wash machine this morning, about 6 dirty diaper loaded with water put a lot of weight in my washer causing the spin to be off ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Good thing they were contained in a garbage bag though...

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:06 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Fun thread!

Accidentally dialed my boss instead of my husband, and gave him my entire Costco list. I give my boss credit for patiently waiting while I listed detergent, Pam, olive oil, tissues, paper towels, freshwipes, Tylenol and men's deodorant before saying,

"Will you be picking this up from my house or should I just bring it to the office with me?" Can't Believe It

OMG. I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freilich

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:10 am
Happens especially postpartum.... putting my stuff into other people's wagon while grocery shopping.

Coincidentally, sometimes I'll find stuff I never buy in my wagon. Makes me feel better. Im not the only one doing that.

tsc3

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:41 pm
I know someone who had a bunch of kids and had a meshulach staying at her house. She served him breakfast, poured him a cup to drink and said "make a shehakol".

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:15 pm
Mindlessly rocking my grocery cart like a baby stroller.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:32 pm
I woke up during the night from my ASD kid jumping on me an pulling my hair. I'm pretty sure I meant to say go back to sleep, but for some reason, I told him to go upstairs. That makes no sense since I live in an apartment and there is no way I would send ds up or downstairs himself. I wonder what I was dreaming about. At least I can't blame him this time for not listening to his crazy mother.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:41 pm
Today I asked DD to please put the pamper in the washing machine and the laundry in the garbage can!
My kids are also getting a mom brain. I told other DD to put the baby's bottle on the counter, she went to put it on her dresser.

tsc3

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:45 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Mindlessly rocking my grocery cart like a baby stroller.

I do that ALL THE TIME. I've even rocked the stroller while holding the baby LOL
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics