Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What weird things have you done with mom brain?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:10 pm
tsc3 wrote:
I do that ALL THE TIME. I've even rocked the stroller while holding the baby LOL

My youngest is in grade two and I still do it all the time. Will it ever end? Or is this a very specific important muscular skill that my brain needs to keep up so I don't forget how when grandchildren arrive?

Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:52 pm
I made chocolate chip cookies......sans the choc chips. Now no one wants to eat it of course.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 4:03 pm
Just now: When you go to refill your water bottle, remember to remove the cap first! Surprised

Reality

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:06 pm
How about smiling and waving at the fire truck when I am not with my little kids? So ambarrasing!! But the firemen still wave back!!

Reality

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:07 pm
Marigold wrote:
I made chocolate chip cookies......sans the choc chips. Now no one wants to eat it of course.

We used to bake those when I was a kid and call them chocolate chipless cookies!!

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:11 pm
I shook an orange juice container once, that was open. I just remember being surprised at the sweet liquid coming straight at me.

It took me hours to clean up. Hours. One shake. Can't Believe It

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 6:22 pm
Marigold wrote:

If it was recent and you still have them, spread chocolate spread or Nutella and make sandwich cookies.
They will eat them, and if they don't I will come over and eat them.

yehupitz

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 6:51 pm
I was cutting vegetables for a salad and held out a tiny piece of cucumber to dh instead of the 2 year old who was asking for it.
And I made a road on his mashed potatoes once. He didn't seem as appreciative as my kids usually are

rosezee

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:49 pm
Reality wrote:
How about smiling and waving at the fire truck when I am not with my little kids? So ambarrasing!! But the firemen still wave back!!

Hahahah

cbs880

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:20 pm
My baby was screaming and my 4 year old was talking my ear off at the same time. I was so overwhelmed,. I took the pacifier and kept trying to put it in the 4 year olds mouth to stop the crying ..

clowny

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:42 pm
I asked dh to go to the grocery for me to get some missing vegetables I needed for my chicken soup. When I went to the fridge to doublecheck what vegetables I’m missing, I noticed an interesting looking bag in the vegetable drawer. I took a closer look and realized I had put away all the peels from the vegetables I used for a vegetable soup I cooked 2 days earlier. I remembered that I was chatting on the phone with a friend while cleaning up after that veg soup. So I called that friend to laugh with her. Ever since then when I talk to her she reminds me where the peels really belong.
Hello friend.... if you’re reading this.

clowny

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:47 pm
zohar wrote:
I've done lots of the above. Not turning on washing machine, forgetting to transfer laundry. Finding glasses, phone and keys in the strangest places. Etc.
During my first grocery run after giving birth to my first, I left my brand new, tags still on (first time using it), snap n go in the grocery parking lot and I didn't realize for three days!

But my favorite story did not happen to me but to an older experienced mother and grandmother. One of those women who really have it all figured out. A real balabusta. She spent a few hours making a vegetable soup and she decided that she wants to strain or the vegetables. So she puts strainer in the sink... and she pours the soup straight down the drain! LOL

Can’t stop laughing about this one!! I think it’s the winner!!

clowny

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:51 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
Omigosh, I did exactly that!!!
I was trying to figure out how I'd save just the chicken stock and no veggies, and I came up with the most brilliant idea - I'll just put the colander into the sink and pour in the soup! Well, I stood there watching in horror as the soup swirled down the drain. I frantically tried reaching for something to save my soup with... It didn't work.
Another time, I was using a fantastic spray and it really smelled like bleach. I never buy the one with bleach so I kept on reading the bottle over and over to make sure it didn't have bleach. It didn't say anything abt bleach.
Finally I mentioned something to my husband who took one look at the bottle and pointed to the bold letters "with bleach". I'm still blushing.

I love it when we come up with such “brilliant” ideas only to realize a second later that it wasn’t so brilliant after all.

This is too funny!!

clowny

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:07 pm
Can I share a weird thing done by a total stranger that dh witnessed?

Dh was stuck behind a school bus on his way to work one morning. It was a bus stop where lots of nursery kids were getting unto the bus and dh is watching the way all the moms are putting their kids on the bus. The bus finally drives off and so does dh. But he realizes one mom, so engrossed in a conversation, is still waving goodbye to her kid, when the bus is long gone.

Wife1

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:32 pm
Dh and I where having a date night alone as we're driving I was like oh look an airplane 😀😂

pizza4

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:40 pm
Wife1 wrote:
Dh and I where having a date night alone as we're driving I was like oh look an airplane 😀😂

I did that once, I was walking with a friend and I go, look a doggy! Couldn't stop laughing.
Don't tell me none of you tell dh, yes, ziskeit, or what's the matter tzadik?

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:40 pm
Well, this morning I drove my kids to the wrong school. Can't Believe It

Laiya

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:00 pm
pizza4 wrote:
I did that once, I was walking with a friend and I go, look a doggy! Couldn't stop laughing.
Don't tell me none of you tell dh, yes, ziskeit, or what's the matter tzadik?

I'm losing my words. I'll say I have a boo boo, and can't think of what the actual word should be.

tothepoint

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:21 pm
Btw I think all of you guys need therapy. Like totally asap.

I mean I never ever call my children by any name other than their own.

never.

What makes you think so?

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 1:30 am
Laiya wrote:
I'm losing my words. I'll say I have a boo boo, and can't think of what the actual word should be.

What is the real word lol! Can’t think of anything else! LOL
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics