Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What weird things have you done with mom brain?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

top mom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 1:37 am
pizza4 wrote:
I did that once, I was walking with a friend and I go, look a doggy! Couldn't stop laughing.
Don't tell me none of you tell dh, yes, ziskeit, or what's the matter tzadik?

This reminds me of a joke I read somewhere.
Mom was waiting for the bus with her son, on the first day of Cheder.
Mom, "Bye Tzaddik'l, have a great day, zeeskeit, learn well, shefele, I love you, sweetie!"
Son comes home, mom asks what he learnt in Cheder
"I learnt that my name is Shloimy!" Very Happy

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 4:02 am
It is 4 am and I just texted my husband's phone to remember to tell me how many slices of salmon to order for Shabbos (he knows who we're having. I cook)
I figured he'd see it in the morning and text me a number.

Nope, he just rolled over, reached for his phone, read his message, and mumbled, "OK. I'll let u know."

Snoring now..

It's horrible to be the only one up with a list of chores longer than the Torah itself, and have no one to chat with...

jfk92

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 4:48 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
It is 4 am and I just texted my husband's phone to remember to tell me how many slices of salmon to order for Shabbos (he knows who we're having. I cook)
I figured he'd see it in the morning and text me a number.

Nope, he just rolled over, reached for his phone, read his message, and mumbled, "OK. I'll let u know."

Snoring now..

It's horrible to be the only one up with a list of chores longer than the Torah itself, and have no one to chat with...

Well. Ive been up lately if you need- my 14 month old has decided hes threw with sleeping through the night apparently. Its been a really long time but I guess I shouldn't have been fooled. Brain is definitely in overtired mom mode. Cant promise I'll make sense.

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:05 am
Reality wrote:
How about smiling and waving at the fire truck when I am not with my little kids? So ambarrasing!! But the firemen still wave back!!

OMGGG YOU WIN THE THREAD
This post spoke to my soul Very Happy

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:56 am
jfk92 wrote:
Well. Ive been up lately if you need- my 14 month old has decided hes threw with sleeping through the night apparently. Its been a really long time but I guess I shouldn't have been fooled. Brain is definitely in overtired mom mode. Cant promise I'll make sense.
Hug

heidi

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:59 am
Poured milk into the cup and oj on the cereal.

Marigold

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:07 am
BatyaEsther wrote:
If it was recent and you still have them, spread chocolate spread or Nutella and make sandwich cookies.
They will eat them, and if they don't I will come over and eat them.

You know the weird thing that happens when mom just shrugs her shoulders and says โ€œ fine, no one needs to eat it...โ€ Weโ€™re down to the last 3 cookies and a trail of crumbs that no one has taken responsibility for. All is well in chocolate chip-less cookieville.

Thanks though for the tip and the offer.

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:11 am
heidi wrote:
Poured milk into the cup and oj on the cereal.

I once poured coffee into the milk.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:25 am
When DD was about 6, she had this obsessive thing for tater tots. I had a brand new bag in the freezer, and she wanted some for lunch, so I made some for her.

The next day, she wanted more tater tots, and I knew there were plenty left in the bag. I looked in the freezer, and couldn't find them. (You know where this is going.) I ended up pulling every single thing out of the freezer, and still didn't find them. We decided the tater tots had run away, and had sandwiches for lunch.

About 3 weeks later, I needed to get a hammer to fix something, so I looked in the tool drawer. Guess what was neatly tucked in there? Surprised LOL

It became a running joke. Whenever you can't find anything, someone says "Did you check the tool drawer?"

tsc3

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 1:19 pm
Reality wrote:
How about smiling and waving at the fire truck when I am not with my little kids? So ambarrasing!! But the firemen still wave back!!

I almost screamed out "look at the sheep" from the window of a bus while traveling without the kids. Thankfully I caught myself before Very Happy

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 1:45 pm
Ok, you all just have to check out this instagram page. It had me rolling!
https://www.instagram.com/the......nsta/

And look at the 7th most recent post... that's all I was thinking of!

SYA

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:12 pm
Gave my 6 year old son my 2 year old's pajama pants. Never realized I got the same design for both. Wondering why I never noticed the older one came with matching shorts (same as pants).
Then wondered why my 2 year olds pants is too long. I had to cuff it a few times 2" each time. Then saw my 6 year old who was excited to have shorts. Suddenly realized I had switched their pants. The shorts was really size 2t long pants!

penguin

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:25 pm
Making breakfast. Took the bread out of freezer & put in toaster. Took out frying pan & began to heat. Took eggs out of fridge. Took out a mug & put a tea bag in and then opened the freezer (well, it is near the urn, but I can't imagine what my thought process must have been.)

(But why is this not in an anonymous-enabled forum? Because then I could tell you some real doozies...)

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:26 pm
zohar wrote:
I've done lots of the above. Not turning on washing machine, forgetting to transfer laundry. Finding glasses, phone and keys in the strangest places. Etc.
During my first grocery run after giving birth to my first, I left my brand new, tags still on (first time using it), snap n go in the grocery parking lot and I didn't realize for three days!

But my favorite story did not happen to me but to an older experienced mother and grandmother. One of those women who really have it all figured out. A real balabusta. She spent a few hours making a vegetable soup and she decided that she wants to strain or the vegetables. So she puts strainer in the sink... and she pours the soup straight down the drain! LOL

Yups. I did that with chicken soup.
At the time I didn't laugh. I cried.....
Calling my husband "tzaddikl" or "sheifala".
Tried to give the wrong kid the meds.
Try to feed the newborn my kids dinner....
I once was looking ALL over for my phone while talking on a Bluetooth headset. After Hours and giving up on finding it, I found it in the freezer!!!

Laiya

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:27 pm
Found the clorox wipes in the fridge (no one else around to blame!)

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:53 pm
After a REALLY HARD Friday afternoon, I finally got the kids into bed and sat down on the couch to rest. DH walks in from shul and asks me why I didn't bentch licht. I had no idea what he was talking about, I was that positive that I did bentch licht. Except that when I went to check, the candles really weren't lit.

B"H we had made early Shabbos and so I was still able to light candles.

gigglemom

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 5:37 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I shook an orange juice container once, that was open. I just remember being surprised at the sweet liquid coming straight at me.

It took me hours to clean up. Hours. One shake. Can't Believe It

That literally happens to me all the time when I go to my mother! The kids there don't know how to close the bottle!??!?!

pizza4

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 6:41 pm
Laiya wrote:
Found the clorox wipes in the fridge (no one else around to blame!)

This reminds me of the time I found a windex bottle in the freezer! How did it get there??
Or, right after my sis asks to come for shabbos and I enthusiastically invite for this week, I asked her a moment later, so when are you guys gonna come for shabbos? I basically embarrass myself.

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:00 pm
My watch died a few days before school started, so I went to Rite Aid to buy a new watch. I told my kids that we can buy their school supplies the same time. As Rite Aid also sells nosh, we ended up by the food first and the school supplies second, and it wasn't until I was almost home that ds asked me why I didn't buy a watch.

simba

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:06 pm
At bedtime tonight I filled up a bottle for my baby and promptly walked over and handed it as a drink to dh!
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics