Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Losing weight the old fashioned way

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:18 pm
Anybody out there trying to lose weight by just “eating healthy?” Meaning no exact plan, just avoiding junk and adding in more exercise.

I’m trying this practical approach and am hoping to be 5 pounds lighter by Rosh Hashanah!

Anyone like to join me? No gimmicks just being healthily mindful

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:32 pm
Yes. I've lost 20 lbs. this year, went from mid 190s to mid 170s and hit a plateau. My doctor's not concerned. She thinks I'll get past it but even if I just stay here and keep it off, I'm better off.
I dramatically cut down on white flour and sugars. I allow myself honey and small amounts of chocolate so I can make myself goodies and eat them occasionally.
I'm not scared of good carbs, I have half a cup of whole grain sugar free (no fake stuff) cereal in the mornings and do have my mini muffins some days. But I find that if I also make a healthy grain suppers, like ziti with ww noodles, or ww pizza, I really can't have a lot or I'll gain a lb. or two.
I've cut down on animal protein and stopped eating red meat because I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease.

The main thing is, eat stuff that you won't regret from a nutrition standpoint. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Yes. I've lost 20 lbs. this year, went from mid 190s to mid 170s and hit a plateau. My doctor's not concerned. She thinks I'll get past it but even if I just stay here and keep it off, I'm better off.
I dramatically cut down on white flour and sugars. I allow myself honey and small amounts of chocolate so I can make myself goodies and eat them occasionally.
I'm not scared of good carbs, I have half a cup of whole grain sugar free (no fake stuff) cereal in the mornings and do have my mini muffins some days. But I find that if I also make a healthy grain suppers, like ziti with ww noodles, or ww pizza, I really can't have a lot or I'll gain a lb. or two.
I've cut down on animal protein and stopped eating red meat because I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease.

The main thing is, eat stuff that you won't regret from a nutrition standpoint. Hatzlacha!

I like your approach! Doing something very similar, especially limiting the carb centered meals!
Also I’m plateauing in the 170’s as well, going to increase my exercise from 1-2 times a week to 3-4 days. More muscle is supposed to boost metabolism.

Hatzlacha to you too and Mazel Tov on your success so far! I’m so inspired! keep me posted!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise