Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help organizing laundry

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:16 pm
I moved to a house where the laundry room is the same floor as bedrooms Very Happy and I am trying to figure out the most effective and organized way to do laundry.
Should I have a laundry hamper in each bedroom and then I just do one room at a time so its easier to sort?
Should I make everyone bring their laundry to the laundry room? Should I have a dark basket and a light basket in laundry room and have kids sort it there?
Looking for advice.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:25 pm
Our kids are too little to be responsible at all for their laundry, so we have a set of multiple hampers in the hallway between the bedroom and laundry room and all clothes go in the appropriate hamper as part of taking off clothes. Your kids might find this hard that you need to have just 1 basket for them to put in and you'll sort from there.

mom!

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:30 pm
I have a hamper with three sections, one for white, one for colored and one for towels. I leave it in a central location. Makes life so simple!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:47 pm
I also like the laundry all in one central location in the laundry room. Get a sorter.

SingALong

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:29 pm
I have a laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms. I have a laundry sorter with 4 sections, (white, light, dark, and delicates). plus an individual basket separately for damp towels.
Since I have little kids, I have a pop up hamper or hanging on back of door hamper in each bedroom. They always get undressed/dressed in their room and put their laundry in the hamper themselves if it’s in the same room. Every morning I empty their hamper and sort by color into the sections of my laundry sorter in the laundry room.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:33 pm
I love this.

SONGMICS Heavy-Duty 4-Bag Rolling Laundry Sorter Storage Cart with Wheels Black URLS90H https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H.....F0MMH

Super easy to work with too..

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:46 pm
We have a smaller hamper in each room; then, when it gets full the kids bring it to the laundry room where there is a sectional hamper and they sort it on their own.
For folding the clean cloths, each child has a small basket with their name. I take the laundry out of the dryer and just put the clothes into that child's basket (Just fold it enough so it shouldn't get creased). Then each child can take their basket and fold it away into their drawers. And for the little children I just have to take the whole basket to their dresser and put it away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry