Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Shower head that the water comes out strong

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:41 pm
I’m fed up with my shower head that drips. I bought an expensive one and it still didnt help. I was told that this is a problem across New York since they don’t allow shower head that use too much water energy to be sold. Anybody know about this?

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:47 pm
I don't know so much about this, but their is a piece in the pipe before you attach the shower head that can be removed and a lot more water will come out.
I know of a few people who took that piece out.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:07 am
You want to add if you don’t have one, or replace the aerator, provided that you have a good quality shower head. Explanation here: https://www.qualitybath.com/di.....rates

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:35 am
Going anonymous for this because I’ve recommended this shower head to all of my friends and family.

I had this exact problem, and ordered the shower head below on Amazon for $20.00. It was so simple to install, and my showering experience has changed completely. I used to have shampoo left in my hair because the water pressure wasn’t strong enough to get it out. This shower head created pressure where there was none. I love showering since buying it.

WASSA High Pressure Shower Head - 3 Inch Anti-leak Fixed Chrome Showerhead - Adjustable Metal Swivel Ball Joint https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C.....XRFM7

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:44 am
It’s not got much to do with the shower head. It has to do with the water pressure.
There are things you can do to fix it - call a plumber.

greengrapes

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:03 am
I was told the same thing at the hardware store, that nyc doesnt allow high pressure shower heads. We kept the old ugly shower head for that reason

thepickled

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:19 am
Try this shower head. I have it and it works wonders. We were getting trickles out of the shower head before we installed it. https://www.amazon.com/Faucet-.....V7W4K

I got the recommendation from thewirecutter.com. It seems they have an updated budget pick now, maybe look into that too.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:12 am
Speakman shower heads are the best - I have a low flow one as required by law and the flow is great.

Don't forget that flow is also impacted by water pressure that has nothing to do with a shower head especially if the rest of the plumbing lines are elderly.

West End Tova

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 12:27 pm
Yes, Speakman is very good. Also recommend California Faucets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics