Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Smartphone challenge!!
Previous  1  2

Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:16 pm
I need this so badly... I’m so addicted to my phone. Years ago I looked down at ppl that were & said I’d never do that to my kids... now I’m on it every time I’m stressed or bored...
Would love more details on apps that can help with this. I’m very very not tech savvy. I have an iPhone.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:55 pm
I will look for the screen timer app because I am definitely guilty of losing track of time online.

I wasn't perfect today with not using the phone while talking to the kids but surely better than I would have been if I weren't challenging myself. I plan to continue this challenge. I think my biggest struggle was multitasking - my browsing problem is after the kids are asleep; when they're around it's more functional texting. The truth is the texts can wait (if only I didn't have such a tendency to forget what I needed to take care of when I don't do it immediately...) so next time I will be aware of that trap and try to cut down on the texts.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 4:34 am
Sadly I was not perfect with it, but better than nothing. Since I forgot when I first woke up, I changed my alarms. I have an alarm set on my phone every school morning that reads Get Up. Now I changed my Thursday one to Get Up, Don't Use Phone. I hope I notice it, but at least it's a small reminder. I'm going to try again for next week.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 4:42 am
Congrats! I simply revert to books without phone

mammale

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:58 am
Yo'ma, thank you so much for this challenge. It was life changing. I did pretty well in Friday, it was amazing how calm my day was. I did notice that as it got closer to Shabbos, I began forgetting, and sneaking peaks at my phone... I realized that I was tired already, and needed a rest - after that it was much easier to stay focused on what I needed to do.
I'm trying again today, but I keep forgetting...

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 5:34 am
Another week. How did everyone do? I'm going to try again today.

pizza4

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 6:40 am
I did it! Forgot to post then. Definitely doing it again. I wish I could every day. Now I see how hard it really is...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics