Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often to wash uniform skirts?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:12 am
My daughter is wearing uniform for the first time this year and I'm wondering how often to wash the skirts. I got her 3 skirts -- is that enough? In general I wash her clothing every time she wears them but that will be harder with uniforms. Thanks!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:31 am
Ours got washed once a week. Thinking about it, I don't remember ever having more than one uniform skirt at a time.

How dirty are they getting? And are they a colour that will show the dirt? Every two or three days is probably fine. Just don't send her in a skirt that is obviously dirty.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:34 am
Unless she's extremely clean, it will most likely be dirty by the end of the day. My dd isn't especially messy but her skirt always had something on it in first grade. I wash after every wear. I got cheap skirts so I could get five of them and wash every Sunday.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:47 am
Uniform skirts are not cheap especially if you need to buy the plaid ones. I would safely say that it can be worn for 2 days before washing. It's usually very durable material unless she gets food all over it or something spills on it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is wearing uniform for the first time this year and I'm wondering how often to wash the skirts. I got her 3 skirts -- is that enough? In general I wash her clothing every time she wears them but that will be harder with uniforms. Thanks!

In first grade I find that the skirts get dirty and need to be washed after every wear. But it will depend on your kid. In an older grade you can wash that amount of skirts once a week.

Wash on cold, shake out right away and hang to dry. It won't need extra pressing except 2x a year.

rdmom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:04 am
I have a first grader. I got her 4 skirts. At that age, I expect to wash her skirts after each wear. Now for my high schooler. She has 2-3 skirts and it gets washed every 2-3 days of wear.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:43 am
Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:54 am
I wash my older kids uniform after 2 days. The little one gets so dirty so I wash it after one day. She has 4 skirts.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:58 am
First grader need every day. Does second grade get as dirty ad first
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry