Home

Ex-vaxxer what will do now?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Gold


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:23 pm
...And, of course, most vaccines do not affect public health...

I would have no issue had they forced MMR. That makes sense from a public health perspective, even though certain individuals might need an exemption. But how does my child's pertussis or lack thereof affect anyone but my child?

I hope there are groups trying to repeal this law. It makes no sense and puts parents and children in very bad positions.

(And those who recommend homeschool: Really? Because a child SHOULD be eligible for a medical exemption but the state decided not, all of the kids should turn their lives upside down and be cut off from their classmates?)
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:25 pm
To OP:
I am really sorry for you.
There are many of us in your boat.

Here are the options:
1) Vaccinate and suffer the consequences (because no one else will take the responsibility). Make sure your doctor files your kids' reactions with VAERS and if he doesn't, you can.

2) Homeschool or join a homeschool co-op. Let me know if this is an option for you.

3) Move out of state to a state that allows philosophical or religious exemptions.
Back to top

amother




Apricot


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:26 pm
Getting a medical exemption is not easy. And once you finally obtain it, the school can turn it down.
My special needs son cant get vaccinated due to his autoimmune issues as well as being at high risk for seizure disorders (brain abnormalities). The board of ed refused his medical exemption saying its not good enough reasons. He needs to have an actual seizure to qualify and then its only for that particular vaccine... Even though his DOCTOR (who knows him since he was born) thinks otherwise.
He is currently being denied therapy he needs because of this. He is aging out of E.I., where he is currently getting 10+ sessions a week.
solution? private school, private therapy 100k+ yearly.

oh well, sacred vaccines Crying
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:28 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
...And, of course, most vaccines do not affect public health...

I would have no issue had they forced MMR. That makes sense from a public health perspective, even though certain individuals might need an exemption. But how does my child's pertussis or lack thereof affect anyone but my child?

I hope there are groups trying to repeal this law. It makes no sense and puts parents and children in very bad positions.

(And those who recommend homeschool: Really? Because a child SHOULD be eligible for a medical exemption but the state decided not, all of the kids should turn their lives upside down and be cut off from their classmates?)


There are. But it's an uphill battle, with a minority of affected parents and dedicated lawyers fighting mainstream society and Pharma-funded politicians.
Back to top

amother




Red


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:43 pm
Sebastian wrote:
You can thank the quacks that didn't stay home during the outbreak and made anti vax rallies instead. Pure geniuses

They stayed home but purposely exposed themselves to measles in order to have titers to be able to go back to school
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:43 pm
Sebastian wrote:
It passed the health committee by one vote. It was not easy for them to pass it.

Sayegh twice voted NO. You can decide whether it was bribery, threats, intimidation, or blackmail that Heastie used to get him to change his vote. "It was not easy for them to pass it" doesn't even begin to describe the overt corruption in play here.

See it for yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....PJih0
Back to top

Sebastian




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:57 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Sayegh twice voted NO. You can decide whether it was bribery, threats, intimidation, or blackmail that Heastie used to get him to change his vote. "It was not easy for them to pass it" doesn't even begin to describe the overt corruption in play here.

See it for yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....PJih0


yes he was pressured. why was the pressure so strong this year and not two years ago? You don't think the worst measles outbreak in over a decade had anything to do with it?
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:30 pm
Sebastian wrote:
yes he was pressured. why was the pressure so strong this year and not two years ago? You don't think the worst measles outbreak in over a decade had anything to do with it?

One second, you said they voted on it and the assembly had sufficient votes because of the outbreak. One powerful person exerting pressure and thus changing the outcome of the entire vote does not prove there were sufficient votes! There was valid hesitancy about this bill expressed by the 13 assembly members who voted no, but these concerns were totally bulldozed by a speaker with an Agenda.

Did you watch the clip?
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:39 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
...And, of course, most vaccines do not affect public health...

I would have no issue had they forced MMR. That makes sense from a public health perspective, even though certain individuals might need an exemption. But how does my child's pertussis or lack thereof affect anyone but my child?

I hope there are groups trying to repeal this law. It makes no sense and puts parents and children in very bad positions.

(And those who recommend homeschool: Really? Because a child SHOULD be eligible for a medical exemption but the state decided not, all of the kids should turn their lives upside down and be cut off from their classmates?)


I have mixed feelings about the current NYS vaccine laws. But you should know that pertussis is highly contagious. So, if your child gets it, it does affect other children.
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:41 pm
It's really horrible. There are many many people in this terrible boat. It's impossible to get a medical exemption. I know many families that moved to Pennsylvania or Israel. I know someone who just started a very successful location based business and picked up and moved to Israel this summer because he won't give vaccinations to his kids as one of them had reaction to one but can't get medical exmption.
Back to top

amother




Seashell


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:01 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the current NYS vaccine laws. But you should know that pertussis is highly contagious. So, if your child gets it, it does affect other children.

and if your child gets the pertusis shot then it protects him personally but doesn't prevent against transmission. meaning, he will be contagious without knowing it. which is worse than coughing and staying home.
check out this study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....312/#
Back to top

amother




Seashell


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:04 pm
aa
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:05 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the current NYS vaccine laws. But you should know that pertussis is highly contagious. So, if your child gets it, it does affect other children.

And yet your vaccinated child can also carry pertussis but you won't know because the vaccine prevents them from getting sick. Which is irony of all ironies, because your child being a silent carrier of pertussis is actually a greater risk to public health than those unvaccinated kids who are sick and thus stay home.

The acellular pertussis vaccine protects only the person who is vaccinated; it has no effect on herd immunity, and yet it's the unvaccinated who are a public health risk. Confused
Back to top

amother




Cyan


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:09 pm
Theres a homeschooling system being set up if your interested on more info I can try help u
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:13 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
...And, of course, most vaccines do not affect public health...

I would have no issue had they forced MMR. That makes sense from a public health perspective, even though certain individuals might need an exemption. But how does my child's pertussis or lack thereof affect anyone but my child?

I hope there are groups trying to repeal this law. It makes no sense and puts parents and children in very bad positions.

(And those who recommend homeschool: Really? Because a child SHOULD be eligible for a medical exemption but the state decided not, all of the kids should turn their lives upside down and be cut off from their classmates?)


I think that a group lead by RFK Jr and Michael Sussman tried to sue and the judge threw it out. There were protesters dressed in white with pictures of the kids who are now excluded from school.
I don't get the feeling that many pro-vaxers have stood up for religious exemptions because it's not their fight.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:32 pm
OP I feel for you, I really do. In my OOT area the only people who home school are xtians so no hope of a co-op. Plus I work full time to pay for the private Jewish school the rest of my children attend. This situation is truly devastating.
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I think that a group lead by RFK Jr and Michael Sussman tried to sue and the judge threw it out. There were protesters dressed in white with pictures of the kids who are now excluded from school.
I don't get the feeling that many pro-vaxers have stood up for religious exemptions because it's not their fight.

The judge didn't throw it out. The judge denied the request for a preliminary injunction which would allow the kids back in school while the lawsuit is in court. It was a huge disappointment, but the case is still standing strong and will run its course.
Back to top

flmommy




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:42 pm
Really nice how everyone is “speaking” to each other respectfully! Real people have been hurt by this situation.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:46 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
It's really horrible. There are many many people in this terrible boat. It's impossible to get a medical exemption. I know many families that moved to Pennsylvania or Israel. I know someone who just started a very successful location based business and picked up and moved to Israel this summer because he won't give vaccinations to his kids as one of them had reaction to one but can't get medical exmption.


Do you MANY families that moved. Just curioius about this, because I hear lots of talk and I know plenty of non-vaxxers, but not one of the move.
I want to move bec. I cannot afford NYC, and I would hop onto the train, if there is one. I cannot afford Israel either, though.
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:04 pm
I have granddaughter that has febrile convulsions. Doctor did not want to give medical exemption. Mom gave shot & she got fever & convulsion. Doctor claims that because these non-vaxxers made all the" measles parties" and FALSELY claimed "Religious exemption", kids that truly need to refrain from vaccines are nebech the culprit. The pro-measles group claims innocence, but THEY are truly to blame for this chaos.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 19 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Jump to: