Home

Ex-vaxxer what will do now?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Sebastian




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
The judge didn't throw it out. The judge denied the request for a preliminary injunction which would allow the kids back in school while the lawsuit is in court. It was a huge disappointment, but the case is still standing strong and will run its course.


the law has very strong precedent and Sussman is unlikely to win in court. You are best off homeschooling or moving.
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I have granddaughter that has febrile convulsions. Doctor did not want to give medical exemption. Mom gave shot & she got fever & convulsion. Doctor claims that because these non-vaxxers made all the" measles parties" and FALSELY claimed "Religious exemption", kids that truly need to refrain from vaccines are nebech the culprit. The pro-measles group claims innocence, but THEY are truly to blame for this chaos.

Did you even read what you wrote????

The doctor will not give a medical exemption. The only option left to the mother would have been a religious exemption. And yet the doctor is blaming all those people who did this exact thing?

(Besides which, who is he to judge if someone's religious beliefs are sincere or falsely claimed?)
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:12 pm
Sebastian wrote:
the law has very strong precedent and Sussman is unlikely to win in court. You are best off homeschooling or moving.

Thank you for your advice. Most appreciated.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:15 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I have granddaughter that has febrile convulsions. Doctor did not want to give medical exemption. Mom gave shot & she got fever & convulsion. Doctor claims that because these non-vaxxers made all the" measles parties" and FALSELY claimed "Religious exemption", kids that truly need to refrain from vaccines are nebech the culprit. The pro-measles group claims innocence, but THEY are truly to blame for this chaos.


I feel really bad about this. I wish your grandchild and all others suffering any type of repercussion from this whole sorry saga a refuah sheleima.
My question to you is why you don't take the doctor to task? Why did the doctor refuse to give a ME? Why didn't your daughter find a different doctor? Why are the non-vaxxers responsible for your grandchild if the child's own doctor is not treating the child right? Why didn't your daughter look into the Torah and find there is a religious reason not to give the child vaccines in this situation?
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:18 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Did you even read what you wrote????

The doctor will not give a medical exemption. The only option left to the mother would have been a religious exemption. And yet the doctor is blaming all those people who did this exact thing?

(Besides which, who is he to judge if someone's religious beliefs are sincere or falsely claimed?)


YES, I wrote very clearly...IT IS FALSE TO CLAIM RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. PERIOD. This baloney cult put a lot of people IN DANGER!!!!
Back to top

amother




Ruby


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:18 pm
Between this and the education scare there is a lot of talk of making homeschooling co-op and moving away from ny. I know one family moving to Israel because of this, and several more moving to NJ. There is talk of developing in PA, too!
Lots of talk.
It's not only an anti vax problem now.
The place that was so helpful for many with its democratic status is turning its back for the same reason.
Back to top

amother




Mint


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:19 pm
This thread is just spreading hysteria.
My daughter has a medical exemption and nothing has changed for this year. I checked with the school district and her doctor.

Yes, anti vaxxers will not be able to manufacture false medical exemptions but anyone with a REAL reason for a medical exemption will not have a problem suddenly this year.
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:19 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
YES, I wrote very clearly...IT IS FALSE TO CLAIM RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. PERIOD. This baloney cult put a lot of people IN DANGER!!!!

I am not here to argue my religious belief with you. It's not false. It's true and sincere. But I don't need to prove it to you.

My point was that your child wanted to also falsely claim a religious exemption for your grandchild who couldn't get a medical exemtpion. And for some reason it's "their" fault.

Your child wants to be a non-vaxxer and protect her child, but she can't do that because of other non-vaxxers who want to protect their children. How dare they, right?
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This thread is just spreading hysteria.
My daughter has a medical exemption and nothing has changed for this year. I checked with the school district and her doctor.

Yes, anti vaxxers will not be able to manufacture false medical exemptions but anyone with a REAL reason for a medical exemption will not have a problem suddenly this year.

Good for you. I'm happy that there's one less person suffering because of this dranconian repeal bill.

However, I know others who have had medical exemptions and now they've been removed because of the new tightened guidelines. So count your lucky stars and keep davening that in time of a DOH audit, the ME still stands in place.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
YES, I wrote very clearly...IT IS FALSE TO CLAIM RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. PERIOD. This baloney cult put a lot of people IN DANGER!!!!


There is a VERY STRONG religious basis to many RE, ,especially in your grandchild's case.
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I feel really bad about this. I wish your grandchild and all others suffering any type of repercussion from this whole sorry saga a refuah sheleima.
My question to you is why you don't take the doctor to task? Why did the doctor refuse to give a ME? Why didn't your daughter find a different doctor? Why are the non-vaxxers responsible for your grandchild if the child's own doctor is not treating the child right? Why didn't your daughter look into the Torah and find there is a religious reason not to give the child vaccines in this situation?


Because now that there is this TREMENDOUS PRESSURE on doctors, they are scared. Two or three years ago, before the PEACH chevra spread lies about Autism, which was totally, debunked, ME was NO problem. Since this FAKE religious exemption was misused, children that are truly problematic, have to suffer the consequences!
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:32 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Because now that there is this TREMENDOUS PRESSURE on doctors, they are scared. Two or three years ago, before the PEACH chevra spread lies about Autism, which was totally, debunked, ME was NO problem. Since this FAKE religious exemption was misused, children that are truly problematic, have to suffer the consequences!

But you see, that's not true. Medical exemptions have always been almost impossible to get in NYS. Unlike California.
Back to top

amother




Sapphire


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This thread is just spreading hysteria.
My daughter has a medical exemption and nothing has changed for this year. I checked with the school district and her doctor.

Yes, anti vaxxers will not be able to manufacture false medical exemptions but anyone with a REAL reason for a medical exemption will not have a problem suddenly this year.


Good for you. Did you read what I wrote about my child's reaction to other kids being sick, even briefly? My preschooler got a medical exemption last year based on that from our pediatrician.
She is now saying that department of health won't allow that. She isn't getting seizures etc, but her sibling would have terrible neurological and psychiatric reactions...I've witnessed this firsthand when I gave her mmr this summer.
Should my family all suffer cuz I MUST give a vaccine now or get kicked out of school?
Get off your high horses everyone...
I don't care who caused this but the law MUST allow for more leeway in medical exemptions so families don't suffer...
Its NOT ok.
Back to top

amother




Pewter


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:24 pm
Sapphire, I am truly sorry for your predicament. There are many others with you. As hard as this is, we will get through this. We *will* fight City Hall and get our rights back. Hang in there.
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:32 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Do you MANY families that moved. Just curioius about this, because I hear lots of talk and I know plenty of non-vaxxers, but not one of the move.
I want to move bec. I cannot afford NYC, and I would hop onto the train, if there is one. I cannot afford Israel either, though.


I personally know two but I have heard of a lot more that have moved. Both Jewish and non Jewish. In addition there are schools that are trying to open up this year in NJ so they won't have issues. ( Believe it or not but they are not Jewish and have a much higher non vaccination rate than any Jewish schools)
Back to top

amother




Magenta


Post  Thu, Aug 29 2019, 12:44 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This thread is just spreading hysteria.
My daughter has a medical exemption and nothing has changed for this year. I checked with the school district and her doctor.

Yes, anti vaxxers will not be able to manufacture false medical exemptions but anyone with a REAL reason for a medical exemption will not have a problem suddenly this year.


I'm glad your daughter's medical exemption is still ok. But you're sitting on a time bomb.
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Thu, Aug 29 2019, 12:56 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
The child who had the reaction might be eligible for a true medical exemption.
Additionally, you can ask the dr if you can stay in the office or an hour or two after the shots to watch for a reaction.


Wrong ! NYS will override your MDs exemption even for child on immuno suppression drugs.

What can waiting an hour help, for lifetime autoimmune disease.?

Just move out of this cursed State, my kids are eligible for Medical exemption in most states but NOT in NY.
Back to top

amother




Purple


Post  Thu, Aug 29 2019, 12:56 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Sweet dreams. Getting a medical exemption is nearly impossible in NYS. This is one of the mistakes pro-vaxxers make in discussing mandates and exemptions. You can check up the contraindications to vaccines, and you'll see that a person needs to be nearly dead before a medical exemption will be granted.

As an example, my kids' pediatrician, who was also my pediatrician (to give you an idea of her age), said that in her entire career, she gave only 2 medical exemptions. She said the DOH makes it very hard on her personally, she needs to provide her home number and cell number, and they're down her back, so she only gives such exemptions to kids who currently have cancer and undergoing chemo.


This. No doctor will give you one.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Thu, Aug 29 2019, 1:25 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I personally know two but I have heard of a lot more that have moved. Both Jewish and non Jewish. In addition there are schools that are trying to open up this year in NJ so they won't have issues. ( Believe it or not but they are not Jewish and have a much higher non vaccination rate than any Jewish schools)


I believe you alright! LOL

Unfortunately, I know more ppl who started vaxxing than those that moved.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Aug 29 2019, 2:36 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I have granddaughter that has febrile convulsions. Doctor did not want to give medical exemption. Mom gave shot & she got fever & convulsion. Doctor claims that because these non-vaxxers made all the" measles parties" and FALSELY claimed "Religious exemption", kids that truly need to refrain from vaccines are nebech the culprit. The pro-measles group claims innocence, but THEY are truly to blame for this chaos.


Most anti-vaxxers are former-vaxxers: parents who have one vaccine injured child and don't want to risk their other children - who have similar genes to the vaccine injured sibling. And siblings of vaccine injured children can't get a medical exemption - until they are vaccine injured. Ummm....No thank you.

So don't blame anti-vaxxers. Blame the government that is making medical exemptions so hard to get.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 19 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Jump to: