Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
New baby—reduce stress increase happiness

thegiver

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:01 pm
My kids are showing stress symptoms like whining biting their clothes bursting out crying screaming over small things and difficulty falling asleep at night. Besides for the new baby they are entering new schools this schoolyear which starts very soon.

How can I help them be happy? Feel more loved? Deal with all the emotions stresses and changes? We already do special time.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:05 pm
Hugs. I'm dealing with much of the same. Sometimes you just have to ride it out with them. It will be stressful, hopefully you'll all make it through intact. My kids very much feed off of my energy. So I try to keep things light and positive even though most of the time I just want to cry even louder than them.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:25 pm
If youre home with just your baby and rest of the kids are out during the day, try and give baby a good feeding and burping etc before they come home. Wrap baby and put him/her to sleep out of sight (main floor office or thr like) this way hopefully the 1st hour or 2 the kids are home they can have your undivided attention and get fed, talk about their day without their new reality being rubbed in the faces...

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:34 pm
Definitely easier said than done but I love her advice: https://www.janetlansbury.com/.....baby/

Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics