Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
GARDEN CAULIFLOWER RICE

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:18 am
This really upped the flavor and nutrition value of cauliflower rice. If you use the now widely available frozen cauliflower rice it really makes prep super easy. Notes are not mine.

Roasted garden is very easy to make and nice to have around since it lasts for awhile in the refrigerator. It so mellows out the flavor that some people like to use it as a spread instead of butter.

I also salt eggplant prior to cooking and let it sit with a plate to get out excess water and bitterness. Or if you use Japanese eggplants which are different than Italian Eggplants, this isn't necessary because they are creamier in texture and not bitter and have almost no seeds.

GARDEN CAULIFLOWER RICE

Excerpt From: Kristin Cavallari - True Roots.

SERVES: 4 // COOK TIME: 20 minutes

Cauliflower rice has become quite the trend because it resembles rice almost perfectly but has many more health benefits. Cauliflower has a ton of vitamin C plus other vitamins and minerals. This “rice” is so good for you, consisting of basically just veggies and herbs, yet I always find it to be incredibly comforting.

1 head cauliflower, core removed and cut into 1" pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves Roasted Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
1 medium eggplant, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1½ teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
¼ cup basil, roughly chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon lime zest

1Preheat the oven to 450°F.

2Roast the cauliflower on a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Place in a food processor and pulse for 15 to 30 seconds, or until the consistency resembles rice. Set aside.

3In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, or until aromatic. Add the eggplant and zucchini and sauté 5 to 8 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender. Add the cauliflower to the skillet with the turmeric, salt, and basil. Stir to combine.

4Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes and lime juice and zest. Serve warm.

ROASTED GARLIC
MAKES: 1 // COOK TIME: 35 minutes

Roasted garlic is my favorite thing in the entire world. I eat whole cloves right out of the fridge. They are always good to have on hand since they make every recipe more flavorful with their rich, nutty notes.

1 head garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt

1Preheat the oven to 400°F.

2Cut the top off the head of garlic and peel away the outer layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with one big pinch of salt. Wrap the garlic in foil, leaving a small hole so heat can escape. Bake for 35 minutes.

3Let cool slightly, then squeeze out the garlic and mash it, or keep it whole. Keeps well in olive oil for up to a week in the fridge.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:40 am
Those sounds really yummy. I'm just curious though -

WHY ARE YOU POSTING TITLES IN ALL CAPS? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING SOME KIND OF KITCHEN EMERGENCY!!! Surprised

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Those sounds really yummy. I'm just curious though -

WHY ARE YOU POSTING TITLES IN ALL CAPS? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING SOME KIND OF KITCHEN EMERGENCY!!! Surprised

LOL LOL LOL

I am just being lazy because for some reason the title of the recipe was all in caps and when I copied and pasted I didn't want to retype it. LOL

My recipes are all in digital format because if they are in a cookbook I NEVER remember where the recipe is when I want to try it. This way I can search all my recipes for different keywords - e.g. ingredients; type of preparation; occasion etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:42 am
LOL Glad to hear that your kitchen is not on fire. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes