Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Want to feel energized? Join me for a Qi Gong Class

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 5:42 pm
See below for more info.

I was advised that it would be very beneficial for me and was seeking a class. I thought I had found an instructor but that didn't work out.

BUT NOW B"H I FOUND SOMEONE TO TEACH! I just need a group.
If you have any interest you can respond here anonymously if you like. I will set up an email eventually, and get some details up as far as times and prices.

Qigong (/ˈtʃIːˈɡɒŋ/),[1] qi gong, chi kung, or chi gung (simplified Chinese: 气功; traditional Chinese: 氣功; pinyin: qìgōng; Wade–Giles: ch‘I kung; literally: 'life-energy cultivation') is a holistic system of coordinated body-posture and movement, breathing, and meditation[2] used for the purposes of health, spirituality, and martial-arts training.[3] With roots in Chinese medicine, philosophy, and martial arts, qigong is traditionally viewed by the Chinese and throughout Asia as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (pronounced approximately as "chi"), translated as "life energy".[4]

Qigong practice typically involves moving meditation, coordinating slow-flowing movement, deep rhythmic breathing, and a calm meditative state of mind. People practice qigong throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise, relaxation, preventive medicine, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation, and training for martial arts.

Researchers have examined qigong in connection with a wide range of medical conditions (including hypertension, pain, and cancer) and with respect to quality of life.[5]

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:52 am
BUMP

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:52 pm
More info:
It will be $15 per class
You are welcome to try just one class and see if you want to sign up for more.
I am hoping to put together an afternoon class because I personally am morning-challenged, but if a lot of ladies want a morning class I would organize it to start with.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:40 pm
What's the location? More people might respond if you tell us that

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:14 am
Central (old part of) Lakewood. Easy access from Route 9 or County Line Rd or Route 88.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 3:07 pm
Ready to get to work on this now. Anyone?

ds14

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:52 pm
I might be interested. PM me?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:54 pm
How many classes?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:54 pm
& I’m curious if this is Heidi’s man ?(think I might know o/ & if yes interested)

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:55 pm
Heimish

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:02 pm
I think we would do six weeks, although I don't think you have to commit for six weeks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:07 pm
DS14, I want to keep my screen name confidential, but you can email me at sarahyarok@yahoo.com for more info.

ds14

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 9:39 pm
I emailed you, did you get it?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 11:21 pm
Yes. You asked about timing, which is relevant to anyone here who's interested, so I'll respond here.

I am aiming for a late afternoon time slot. (I know that's not so good for young mothers. I am expecting more of a Bubbie crowd, but anyone is welcome!)

However if there's sufficient interest we could also have a morning class, it would depend if enough people are interested.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
See below for more info.

I was advised that it would be very beneficial for me and was seeking a class. I thought I had found an instructor but that didn't work out.

BUT NOW B"H I FOUND SOMEONE TO TEACH! I just need a group.
If you have any interest you can respond here anonymously if you like. I will set up an email eventually, and get some details up as far as times and prices.

Qigong (/ˈtʃIːˈɡɒŋ/),[1] qi gong, chi kung, or chi gung (simplified Chinese: 气功; traditional Chinese: 氣功; pinyin: qìgōng; Wade–Giles: ch‘I kung; literally: 'life-energy cultivation') is a holistic system of coordinated body-posture and movement, breathing, and meditation[2] used for the purposes of health, spirituality, and martial-arts training.[3] With roots in Chinese medicine, philosophy, and martial arts, qigong is traditionally viewed by the Chinese and throughout Asia as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (pronounced approximately as "chi"), translated as "life energy".[4]

Qigong practice typically involves moving meditation, coordinating slow-flowing movement, deep rhythmic breathing, and a calm meditative state of mind. People practice qigong throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise, relaxation, preventive medicine, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation, and training for martial arts.

Researchers have examined qigong in connection with a wide range of medical conditions (including hypertension, pain, and cancer) and with respect to quality of life.[5]

Just to put this out there, "chi" or "Qi" is considered Avoda Zarah by many poskim. It's literally referred to as a "life force" that provides energy to living things, and has the power to influence natue or events (Not some passive force) Ask your Rav, or a Rav who is knowledgeable in these Halachos before you do anything that may cause you to lose your Olam Haba.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 12:17 am
However, there are many Rabbonim who allow it. The instructor happens to be a frum woman who is careful to deal in alternative medicine and bodywork that is all al pi halacha.

Of course everyone is welcome to ask their own posek.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries