Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva ohel Moshe

Mrs.mom1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 12:50 am
Has anyone heard of yeshiva ohel Moshe in brooklyn? A friend wants to send her kids there but I have never heard of the school and when I went with her I got a strange feeling.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:01 am
Mrs.mom1 wrote:
Has anyone heard of yeshiva ohel Moshe in brooklyn? A friend wants to send her kids there but I have never heard of the school and when I went with her I got a strange feeling.

It targets kids with no background from not religious homes who would otherwise be in public school.

Mrs.mom1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:04 am
Oh wow ! They are not truthfull at all ! They told her that most families are shomer shabbos and that she will not be the only one with hair covering. Must not be the case.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:10 am
Mrs.mom1 wrote:
Oh wow ! They are not truthfull at all ! They told her that most families are shomer shabbos and that she will not be the only one with hair covering. Must not be the case.

I would imagine the families become religious as a result of their children's influence.

https://vimeo.com/8060449

There is probably a mix.

What upset you about the visit?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:40 am
I worked there in the 2001-2002 school year. As that was a long time ago, things may have changed since then. When I was there, most of the kids weren't frum and were very poor. Several kids started in the middle of the year because they got kicked out of other schools so there were plenty of behavior problems in the school. The majority of the kids were Syrian, although there were also some Israelis, Russians, and Morocans, so if you want your kid to learn a second language, it's a good school for you.

behappy2

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 12:15 pm
A child I tutored in the year 2001 went there. Bukharian home. Daughter was in shalsheles . Partly frum.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics