Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Which food/s make you ..... GAG?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tf

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 10:16 pm
Hard boiled egg
Super snack (smells like vomit to me). If my kid had it and didn’t wash hands n face I can smell it from the other end of a room.

mrsjay

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 10:58 pm
Hearts of palm

kenz

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 12:09 am
I should probably post this in the thread about being the only ImaMother to...
Detest peanut butter. The smell, the taste. I can't sit next to people eating peanut butter sandwiches - or peanuts, for that matter. But I'm definitely in a minority, and yes, my family eats it and yes, I do use it to make dessert from time to time. But eeww.
There are lots of other foods I don't care for or really dislike, but none make me gag like pb.

shanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:24 am
Schmaltz herring
Undercooked efgs

shanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:25 am
Schmaltz herring
Runny eggs

tf

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:35 am
Shmaltz, and in DH family they don’t use soap for dishes on Pesach either. So yeah, I GAAAG!!!

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:35 am
Lovely, ladies. What is the purpose of this thread? If you have an aversion to a food, so be it, but trash-talking food is a sin. May the KBH bless you all that you can always afford to avoid foods that are not your favorites. But it’s still part of G-d’s bounty, and still something you have to make a blessing on, whether it delights your feinschmecking palate or not.

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 2:14 am
if you gag when you smell peanut butter you must be allergic to peanuts- which can be really dangerous

rowo

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:34 am
Whole fish.
I can eat fish fine. But the thought of cooking a whole fish just gives me the heeby jeebies.
DH took the kids fishing during their vacation. I forced myself to cook one of the fish they had caught, but I couldn’t eat it (and it was a recipe I usually like). But I just couldn’t bring myself to cook the other two. So two nice size beautiful fish just sat in the freezer for nearly a year until I had to throw them out.

cbsp

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:07 am
dankbar wrote:
if you gag when you smell peanut butter you must be allergic to peanuts- which can be really dangerous

Yeah, that's what my then kindergarten-aged DD convinced her teacher.

But no, she's not actually allergic.

kenz

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:05 am
dankbar wrote:

Not at all. I've tasted it. I just can't stand it, just like many other people on here gag on various other foods they can't stand.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:08 am
I once bought a $38 piece of goat cheese that tasted as I assume the floor of a barn that hadn’t been cleaned yet would. I threw up violently and couldn’t stop til the dry heaves subsided .

Cheiny

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:18 pm
estreya wrote:
I don't know why but anything with a slimy/gummy texture like oatmeal, rice pudding, minute steak (the melted connective tissues ... ewww) makes me want to vorf.

Also the SMELL (not necessarily the taste) of fish cooking, especially fried. Microwaved popcorn too (guess I'm weird Tongue Out )

What about you??

Parmesan cheese..smells like vomit.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:01 pm
zaq wrote:
Lovely, ladies. What is the purpose of this thread? If you have an aversion to a food, so be it, but trash-talking food is a sin. May the KBH bless you all that you can always afford to avoid foods that are not your favorites. But it’s still part of G-d’s bounty, and still something you have to make a blessing on, whether it delights your feinschmecking palate or not.

Fun. Just plain ol' fun. If we were in a desert, with no food for 3 days we would TOTALLY eat these foods. That's why Hashem made such a huge bounty. So we have choices.

And we can have one fun thread to read after we slaved away all day.. Zaq, start another fun thread and we'll join! (avoid words like vaccines, rape, shopping... Homelessness..shidduchim and chassanim holding people down... Surprised )

tothepoint

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:57 pm
None? I may dislike certain foods like sweet potatoes or stuffed cabbage but I can’t think of any food that would make me gag. Unless I’m in my first trimester...in that case it would be leftover cholent on Sunday

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:59 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Parmesan cheese..smells like vomit.

The first time I bought Parmesan I was sure it was spoiled because it smelled so bad, it's a good thing I was on the phone with my friend at the time, she convinced me that it's normal. I love the taste, but the smell is terrible.

ohnuts!

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:04 pm
Carp on Pesach, I can smell it the minute I walk into my mil's house... Puke Puke

tf

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:14 pm
tothepoint wrote:
None? I may dislike certain foods like sweet potatoes or stuffed cabbage but I can’t think of any food that would make me gag. Unless I’m in my first trimester...in that case it would be leftover cholent on Sunday

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Lucky Duck

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:19 pm
Not gag, but I don't like marzipan, raw celery, fresh cilantro, caraway seeds.
I also don't like dessert fruit kugels served beside my main dish. It gives me the heebie jeebies.

elaela

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:49 am
nothing makes me gag.

eventhough im quite picky, THEORETICALY I could eat anything I guess.

I dont like tongue liver and fish...I dont prepare it, I dont buy or order it, I try to avoid it when invited but it wouldnt make me gag.

funny thing is: all my kids LOVE fish, herring, gefillte, lox, salmon, carp...u name it Smile

I really enjoy all vegetables, raw or cooked, all pudding like textures (jello, pudding, porrage etc), all grains, some meats, eggs (even undercooked..) no problem with most foods. as a child I was SUPER PICKY! there were very few things I liked and they had to be served a certain way. it drove everyone nuts, im so glad my mother never ever forced me to eat something or even try something. the problem became better and better till today I basically consume anything that is concidered kosher.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics