Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Imrei bina monsey
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:41 pm
I just spoke to the administrator and menhal from imrei shafer. They seem very on top of what the kids watch ... they are picky with the new ppl that are trying to get in. I put myself into the case of cheiderim very much to get information. From all 3 cheiders were talking here are all very different. Imrei shafer has a big percentage of erlich frum ppl... their fokos is very much on the childs growth ... yes, they do seem more open minded then imrei bina ...the menhal is very very on top of the kids and families they dont accept families that have access to movies or TV for sure not ... what I was told... and either way I don't have to send my kids to certain houses I dont feel comfortable but as long the cheider and staff are warm and understanding to the kids ... is amazing. It is more chassidish then beer yashaya I heared ... anything to add? Let's hear...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
. anything to add? Let's hear...

What I would add is don’t buy everything you hear. It’s not true that they don’t accept people who own TVs or watch movies. So long as you can pay tuition and don’t do anything crazy, you’re good. They’re a small school and aren’t very picky. Again, I think it’s a good fit for you. But don’t be blinded.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:55 pm
I'm with amother goldenrod. They literally accept anyone that applies. Including families that watch movies. Any menahal will tell you what you want to hear.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:01 pm
I can tell you what my policy regarding movies is, though I don’t represent everyone. I don’t mind my kids watching kosher cartoons like Caillou or Sesame Street on the laptop herenor there. But the cheder strongly encourages the parents not to let their children watch anything nonjewish. But not everyone listens, just like in every school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:10 pm
Well, it's not that I only listened what the menhal said , I spoke to my uncle he knows the place ... he said it's a good choice but I'm not grabbing it yet I still need to hear more ... my son is still young and he doesnt have to start this week . My uncle says his son came out from imrei shafer very good and they do give benefits other cheiders dont give... so far it seems something interesting to me ... and let me tell u, the brand name cheiderim will also have families that do certain things not acceptable... inside every cheider u can find all types of families and again it seems to me imrei shaifers fokos is more on chinich and growth and wouldnt fokos so much on dress code and technology.. . Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So what I'm hearing is that imrei bina is not like that...

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:12 pm
PM me

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:28 pm
How can I PM u?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I PM u?

On phone you touch my picture beside my name and then under my profile there is an option “PM”

I went under my screen name in previous post, do it there. don’t try it on anon ones cuz it just emails Yael.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:39 pm
I think it's too controversial to bring up these type of school topics here on immather . Everyone will have different views on things ... I will reach out to ppl that are in the place that have more of an idea what certain schools are... everyone has different needs and wants for their kids... for me open minded and be true to ourselves and to the kids is a need for todays generation (meaning I will not live a lie I will send my kids where the school stands on my lifestyle level )if u know what I mean... nowadays kids cant grow in a too restrictive place or they will feel to pressured . I'm not looking for the old style , I'm looking for the new type of parenting ... that's why I dont believe in the old type of schools ... that's just me but sure everyone will have their opinions and I respect that very much!

I get too confused from all opinions so I'd rather not bring up this topic here again . Hope u all understand it's just confuses more

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it's too controversial to bring up these type of school topics here on immather . Everyone will have different views on things ... I will reach out to ppl that are in the place that have more of an idea what certain schools are... everyone has different needs and wants for their kids... for me open minded and be true to ourselves and to the kids is a need for todays generation (meaning I will not live a lie I will send my kids where the school stands on my lifestyle level )if u know what I mean... nowadays kids cant grow in a too restrictive place or they will feel to pressured . I'm not looking for the old style , I'm looking for the new type of parenting ... that's why I dont believe in the old type of schools ... that's just me but sure everyone will have their opinions and I respect that very much!

I get too confused from all opinions so I'd rather not bring up this topic here again . Hope u all understand it's just confuses more

I don’t think anything here was controversial. Just honesty. You may not like the honesty. It’s not about what school is good or not good. Just be realistic and don’t buy everything the admin tells you. It may still be a good fit for you, just go in with an open mind that some things are not the way they tell you. As is with most schools, of course.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:47 pm
I understand that I dont have to buy in ... but who said I have to buy in what's said here

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I understand that I dont have to buy in ... but who said I have to buy in what's said here

You don’t have to buy anything. Just don’t be disappointed when it’s not exactly the way you expected. Just as a side point, if you don’t like the chassidish “old school” schools, you’ll have to be ok with other things you don’t like - like your kids classmates watching movies. It’s just the way it is.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:50 pm
According to the posts, it sounds like Imrei Shufer is the right place for you. Yes, some kids watch movies, but many do not. Imrei Bina is probably too chassidish for you and Beer Yeshaya not enough. However, the secular education in Imrei Shufer is probably closer to what kids are getting in Imrei Bina, Bais Dovid, Belz, Satmar, etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:51 pm
I really wanted to look into imrei bina but wonder if it's like I hear ... more closed minded then I guess it's not for me ...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really wanted to look into imrei bina but wonder if it's like I hear ... more closed minded then I guess it's not for me ...

I know close people who send there. Really nice families. But the school is less chilled than imrei shufer. Which seems to be what you’re looking for.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:54 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You don’t have to buy anything. Just don’t be disappointed when it’s not exactly the way you expected. Just as a side point, if you don’t like the chassidish “old school” schools, you’ll have to be ok with other things you don’t like - like your kids classmates watching movies. It’s just the way it is.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:54 pm
Totally understand ! I am getting your point. Thank you!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Just wonder how their English is . Is it Yiddish speaking? What grade do they start English?

They send home notes in English and yiddish so I guess there is a partial English speaking parent body

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:36 pm
I have 2 boys in Imrei Shefer, it is by far the best cheder in town in every area the menahel, melamdim are super special, warm, open, accessible. My kids love to go to cheder they feel liked and valued. The menahel is on top that the place should be a Bully free zone and so much other programs. The English department is superior than in the other chassidish schools plus this year they hired a new principal Rabbi Mier Schiller (Monsey / YU). The video watching I never heard anything about it from my kids but I'll ask them about it. The only thing I know is that in the booklet it says that only videos that you could buy in a Heimishe store is allowed.
I sense some people here have an agenda against imrei shefer, just my intuition.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:52 pm
Amother brunette, every mother thinks that her boys cheder is the best in town. My boys don't go to Imrei shefer and I honestly think their cheder is the best in town.
I do agree imrei shefer is a phenomenal cheder, but what's the best for your child may not be the best for mine. There's no one best cheder in town.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics