Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Do you put picture on your WhatsApp account?
Previous  1  2  3

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:32 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The fact that a random guy has a picture of me that he can look at and save onto his phone its enough for me.

There's a difference between someone seeing you in the street and someone being able to own a picture of you on their device for them to look at at any time.

I have a headshot picture. My face is not that special that anyone would want to save on their phone and gaze at. Also, my watsapp contacts are not usually creeps.

etky

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:05 am
yo'ma wrote:
Have you been elsewhere? It's very popular where I live. Almost every store and business has a whatsapp number. And everyone I know here and the states who has a smartphone has whatsapp.

The people who I know in the States who do not have Whatsapp use other messaging networks. It could be that in certain areas or circles whatsapp is less popular that these other services. In Israel, Whatsapp has virtually no competition.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:39 am
seeker wrote:
So what? It's not a picture of my exotic vacation or embarrassing Purim costume, you can't even see if the room behind me is messy. It's a basic head shot so people know who you are. Does it bother you that people see your face when you go shopping, to shul, to pick up your kids, to the doctor's office? Which creepy thing exactly could happen as a result of putting a profile picture on WhatsApp that would not happen without it? Asking out of honest curiosity.

I’m still waiting for an answer to this!
I find it much creepier and irritating to put up a picture of your baby
Gosh it’s just my dumb face nothing special

Aylat

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:44 am
Mrs.K wrote:
100%. I have very few contacts in my phone and feel very frustrated when people message me and I have no idea who they are. I'm always grateful for a picture whether it's a mother in my child's class or a new neighbor inviting me to a kiddush.

Whenever I msg someone for the first time I always start with, "Hi, this is Aylat, your colleague/neighbour/pupil's mother etc."

etky

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:47 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I’m still waiting for an answer to this!
I find it much creepier and irritating to put up a picture of your baby
Gosh it’s just my dumb face nothing special

I think that some people just prefer to be as anonymous as possible, that's all.
They just don't want their picture popping up on people's phones.
Others couldn't care less and that's fine too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics