Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Who do we trust??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:00 pm
Dr Paul Offit is director of children’s hospital of Philadelphia and extremely pro vaccine
He helped develop rotavirus vaccines
He is viewed as expert and his experience and expertise and advice used world wide in USA when it comes to exemptions
That being said WHY then are there no mandatory laws in Philadelphia requesting vaccines to attend school. They even have legal philosophical exemptions let alone religious and medical. He lives and works in Philadelphia yet allows so many exemptions in the area. Why...do his kids and grandkids can have a CHOICE. How can I trust his expertise when such corruption is in front of my eyes. And yes there was epidemic of measles in Philadelphia in 1991 and he wrote article about it mandated mmr at that time but that was it. No strict laws implemented.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:03 pm
Because different states have different laws...?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dr Paul Offit is director of children’s hospital of Philadelphia and extremely pro vaccine
He helped develop rotavirus vaccines
He is viewed as expert and his experience and expertise and advice used world wide in USA when it comes to exemptions
That being said WHY then are there no mandatory laws in Philadelphia requesting vaccines to attend school. They even have legal philosophical exemptions let alone religious and medical. He lives and works in Philadelphia yet allows so many exemptions in the area. Why...do his kids and grandkids can have a CHOICE. How can I trust his expertise when such corruption is in front of my eyes. And yes there was epidemic of measles in Philadelphia in 1991 and he wrote article about it mandated mmr at that time but that was it. No strict laws implemented.

Dr. Offit isn't a politician.

I don't understand your question about trust.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:23 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Dr. Offit isn't a politician.

I don't understand your question about trust.

If dr Paul offit so provax why does he not press for mandatory vaccines in Philadelphia but he does pressure for mandatory vaccines in other states like NYC

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If dr Paul offit so provax why does he not press for mandatory vaccines in Philadelphia but he does pressure for mandatory vaccines in other states like NYC

To start - NYC is not a state (nor is Philadelphia) - but help me understand what you mean by Dr. Offit putting pressure in NY.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I trust his expertise when such corruption is in front of my eyes.

?

Motherhood

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:46 pm
Maybe because nyc had a lot more measles cases than Philadelphia?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:25 pm
wondering wondering

I couldn't think of a better one

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:34 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Maybe because nyc had a lot more measles cases than Philadelphia?

I found article written by Paul offit applauding NY for this current law yet when there was measles outbreak in 1991 in Philadelphia witharound 1600 cases and 9 who passed. They still didn’t take such drastic measures as NY. Why is that. ?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I found article written by Paul offit applauding NY for this current law yet when there was measles outbreak in 1991 in Philadelphia witharound 1600 cases and 9 who passed. They still didn’t take such drastic measures as NY. Why is that. ?

I think becaus in NY the anti vaaxxers make alot of noise and instigate. Therefore DOH felt threatened. So that's why. Would be smarter if all anti vaxxers would keep things more undercover. Hotlines. Meetings. Etc

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:49 pm
The amish population would protest

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

28 years- different governments - different states.

The law changes in New York were not because of pressure from Dr. Offit - as you previously suggested - or at least you have not demonstrated that.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:07 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

They're protesting in NYS.http://www.oleantimesherald.co.....CUAiU

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

And are in New York.

I can't even fathom the potential rise in antisemitism between this vaccine change and the public sector check-ins on the private schools.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:16 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I think becaus in NY the anti vaaxxers make alot of noise and instigate. Therefore DOH felt threatened. So that's why. Would be smarter if all anti vaxxers would keep things more undercover. Hotlines. Meetings. Etc

Someone on another thread accused me of sinas chinam for saying that exact same thing but you said it better than I could.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:18 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:

That’s the best answer ever. Started with the stupid PEACH magazine.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Has anyone figured out who bankrolled it - and why?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Did non-Jews make anything close to that much propaganda and noise? I know that Facebook and other social media sites tried to curtail them but was there a non-Jewish equivalent of Peach or the Atrium rally? Was it the frum anti-vaxers making the most noise?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 3:00 am
The non Jews have had meetings, rally’s in Albany, and write letters to the politicians.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 5:13 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
The non Jews have had meetings, rally’s in Albany, and write letters to the politicians.

Probably not in the middle of a large outbreak within their community, though.

The chutzpah and the stupidity of the frum anti-vax community is that in the middle of the biggest outbreak since the early 1990s, an outbreak that started with a frum Jew, and spread within New York largely because of the refusal of a percentage of the frum population to vaccinate, an outbreak that endangered many outside of their community, especially when they took their sick kids to emerency rooms, an outbreak that led to huge financial stress on the health care system -- right at this time, they decided to hold public rallies and have people that they think make a good impression, like William Handler, speak to the press.

This was the time to lie low. But they didn't do that. They took a small chillul Hashem and made it into large chillul Hashem.

They really brought this upon themselves. Of course I feel sorry for the children who have not been vaccinated and cannot attend school. They haven't done anything wrong. I hope that the parents will come to their senses and vaccinate their children. The medically fragile children and the immunocompromised -- the truly medically fragile and immunocompromised, not the ones the parents are convinced are snowflakes -- are out of luck for a while at least. I can't imagine that there won't be exceptions and medical exemptions given for kids with cancer. Perhaps if the measles outbreaks stop, the regulations will be relaxed. I hope the generation growing up will realize how gullible, foolish, and damaging the anti-vaxxers have been, and will vaccinate their own children. That's one way to get back on track.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics