Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Shoe store return policy - is this standard?

justforfun87

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:15 pm
I don't usually shop at Jewish stores but I went out Tuesday to buy my 3 kids Shabbos shoes. When I went to put on one of my daughter's shoes this Shabbos I noticed that the buckle was broken so it won't close. This is not something you would notice until putting both shoes on (I guess we missed it at purchase.) Seems the store has a 48 hour return policy but I don't think they had hours until today. When I went to speak with them today they said I should bring the shoe to a shoe repair place and they would cover the cost of the repair. I didn't feel like arguing. I guess it is better than outright refusing. I would rather be done with the shoe and get an exchange. Is this standard in the frum small business clothing/shoes stores?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:26 pm
Yes it is. Although the store where I buy (di Rubio) would've exchanged it if it wasn't worn yet cuz he has exceptional service like no other, but I only started shopping there cuz I was sick and tired of the service of other stores.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:31 pm
A store should always take back a damaged shoe, no matter what the return policy is. The shoe stores in my community would exchange a damaged shoe.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:41 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
I don't usually shop at Jewish stores but I went out Tuesday to buy my 3 kids Shabbos shoes. When I went to put on one of my daughter's shoes this Shabbos I noticed that the buckle was broken so it won't close. This is not something you would notice until putting both shoes on (I guess we missed it at purchase.) Seems the store has a 48 hour return policy but I don't think they had hours until today. When I went to speak with them today they said I should bring the shoe to a shoe repair place and they would cover the cost of the repair. I didn't feel like arguing. I guess it is better than outright refusing. I would rather be done with the shoe and get an exchange. Is this standard in the frum small business clothing/shoes stores?

How didn't you know it was broken at purchase? Didnt you try it on, and closed it in the store?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:43 pm
I never heard of this. The store should be taking it back or should give you a discount.
You should insist on them taking it back. You don't have to lose out because they sold you a faulty product.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:45 pm
Jewish stores have lousy customer service as a whole. This doesn’t surprise me

justforfun87

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:51 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
How didn't you know it was broken at purchase? Didnt you try it on, and closed it in the store?

I know I know. I am not sure how we missed it. 1 reason is the clasps were initially covered with paper and tape so I maybe tried on the good shoe? 2. Until I really put on the shoes for Shabbos it would be easily missed. It is the tiny piece that goes into the strap like a belt. It is tiny and it visually looks fine but when you really put them on then you notice it. The strap basically comes undone because the piece doesn't go in like how a belt works. It is loose so it doesn't secure. I just googled the name it is called the "prong" of the belt 3. It was after a LONG day and I was shopping with 3 cranky kids.

Waah I am so cheap and I already wanted to vomit spending over 50 dollars for kid shoes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics