Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for OB/GYN in NJ
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:28 pm
Who would you recommend?
We're ttc after a very very long break due to medical reasons.
We are fairly new to NJ. I loved my ob back in Brooklyn but do not want to travel back.

I'm looking for someone that does not view baby making as a factory business (like I feel it is with some offices in Brooklyn.)

This will be huge for us. I want someone that is gentle, caring and kind. Extremely professional. Someone that is competent and experienced enough to deal with my medical background.

Suggestions?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:31 pm
Dr surowitz. Her practice is very big though

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:31 pm
Dr. Baum. He is located in Freehold, but is by far the best. He has gotten me through quite a difficult situation. He deals with complex cases too. Is very professional. There are another 3 doctors with him in practice. They are all great, some better than others, but all great.

superstar

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:32 pm
Sebastian wrote:

She is great

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:34 pm
Sebastian wrote:

By very big do you mean not personal? Factory like?
I would prefer not use an office in the shmaltz of town where having a baby is taken for granted (and subtly looked down upon).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:35 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Dr. Baum. He is located in Freehold, but is by far the best. He has gotten me through quite a difficult situation. He deals with complex cases too. Is very professional. There are another 3 doctors with him in practice. They are all great, some better than others, but all great.

Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:36 pm
lkwd_mom wrote:
She is great

Would you mind elaborating what you like about her?
I've only used male OBs before and not sure how comfortable I'd be with a female. She would need to be highly professional.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By very big do you mean not personal? Factory like?
I would prefer not use an office in the shmaltz of town where having a baby is taken for granted (and subtly looked down upon).

Dr. Baum office is personal, and not in the hub. THey are also really familiar with all our halachos and respect it all. Dr Rattigan (part of the practice) helped me a lot in trying to figure out the halachos of coming in Shabbos...She was really accommodating and worked with me and my rabbi. about a 20 min drive out of Lakewood.
Dr. Jonathan Baum is his name

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've only used male OBs before and not sure how comfortable I'd be with a female. She would need to be highly professional.

In what way would you think a female would be unprofessional?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:39 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
In what way would you think a female would be unprofessional?

I think she means that she doesn't want a woman that will be too friendly, cuz that may be awkward....rather someone that would take a more professional, distant but personal approach.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

She meets all your criteria except that she has a large practice. She is kind and caring and excellent by delivery. Not sure why being female would make her less professional

superstar

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't personally use her, but I have a friend that used her through a really complicated almost death experience where she lost her baby and almost lost her own life. So I don't know her personality, but Dr. Surowitz is definitely a very skilled doctor. She used to work for Dr. Tal (Best by far)and then went on to open her own practice. Rabbi Gissinger recommends her highly. From my friend, I understand that she is more professional and understands how to be personal in her work, yet distant and professional

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 3:00 pm
lkwd_mom wrote:
I don't personally use her, but I have a friend that used her through a really complicated almost death experience where she lost her baby and almost lost her own life. So I don't know her personality, but Dr. Surowitz is definitely a very skilled doctor. She used to work for Dr. Tal (Best by far)and then went on to open her own practice. Rabbi Gissinger recommends her highly. From my friend, I understand that she is more professional and understands how to be personal in her work, yet distant and professional

Thank you that helps.

Maybe professional is the wrong adjective. Maybe skilled was what I was looking for? I'm not even sure myself.
Coming from Brooklyn I didn't get a good vibe from friends using female OBs. Some were described as being cold and a tad mean and maybe not so competent. I definitely do not want that.

Rixter

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 3:14 pm
Dr. Tal is great. Very experienced and excellent. He caught something in one of my ultrasounds that most drs miss and isnt discovered until after birth.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 3:50 pm
Rixter wrote:
Dr. Tal is great. Very experienced and excellent. He caught something in one of my ultrasounds that most drs miss and isnt discovered until after birth.

His bedside manner is awful though

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 3:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you that helps.

Maybe professional is the wrong adjective. Maybe skilled was what I was looking for? I'm not even sure myself.
Coming from Brooklyn I didn't get a good vibe from friends using female OBs. Some were described as being cold and a tad mean and maybe not so competent. I definitely do not want that.

She is skilled and super nice. Someone who had a bunch of kids told me her easiest birth was the one attended by dr surowitz

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 4:55 pm
I'm very happy with rwj obgyn. A calm and capable practice that isn't mobbed and run like a factory. They actually look at each person as an individual.... ( Probably because they don't take jersey care they aren't swamped...). I've had experiences otherwise elsewhere too!!

Amalia

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 5:09 pm
Dr. Meyer (male) and Dr. Ginsberg (female) in Bergenfield Women’s Health are extraordinary. Dr. Ginsberg delivered two of my kids. Amazing. You can pm me, if you wish.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 5:18 pm
Dr Surowitz is supposed to be a great doc from what I have heard. I used to live near her and know her as a really nice, caring person. I just want to make you aware that she is a frum doctor.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 7:06 pm
Thanks for all the recommendations. Please keep them coming!

Thank you for telling me that Dr. Surowitz is frum. I'm not comfortable with that. I'd prefer non Jewish or not frum.

Beside manner is important to me too. I want a Dr. that will make me feel comfortable.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries