Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for OB/GYN in NJ
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

thanks

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 7:53 pm
Dr Craig weiner in Paramus. He's excellent.
What part of NJ are you in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:14 pm
thanks wrote:
Dr Craig weiner in Paramus. He's excellent.
What part of NJ are you in?

Lakewood / Jackson / Toms River area.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:23 pm
Dr. Giovene is a wonderful, kind doctor. Is he not working anymore, or is he just not right for the OP?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you that helps.

Maybe professional is the wrong adjective. Maybe skilled was what I was looking for? I'm not even sure myself.
Coming from Brooklyn I didn't get a good vibe from friends using female OBs. Some were described as being cold and a tad mean and maybe not so competent. I definitely do not want that.

Male and female doctors can be equally competent and nice. It depends on the individual doctor.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:34 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Dr. Giovene is a wonderful, kind doctor. Is he not working anymore, or is he just not right for the OP?

he fits her criteria, but he has a large group and I'm not sure that the other drs in his group meet her criteria.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:35 pm
Im very happy with the RWJ practice ( Drsbbochner, seigel, lundberg etc)
They are all very skilled, the office is run very nicely and everyone is very professional. And the deliver in RWJ hospital which is an excellent hospital.
Everyone who I know that uses dr jonathan baum is very happy with him

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:37 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I'm very happy with rwj obgyn. A calm and capable practice that isn't mobbed and run like a factory. They actually look at each person as an individual.... ( Probably because they don't take jersey care they aren't swamped...). I've had experiences otherwise elsewhere too!!

I like RWJ OB/GYN as well. I especially like Dr Segal, he has been very caring and professional.
As a group, they are definitely on the cautious side and take everything very seriously.

I agree with your assessment that it is probably not swamped due them not taking Jersey Care.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:02 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Male and female doctors can be equally competent and nice. It depends on the individual doctor.

You're absolutely correct. I just don't have any experience using female ob/gyn and my feeling is based on what I heard from friends.

But thinking into it, one of my specialty doctors from my medical history is a Jewish non religious female and I love her. If she'd be an ob I'd use her in a heartbeat. I guess it's about the personality and relationship.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:04 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Im very happy with the RWJ practice ( Drsbbochner, seigel, lundberg etc)
They are all very skilled, the office is run very nicely and everyone is very professional. And the deliver in RWJ hospital which is an excellent hospital.
Everyone who I know that uses dr jonathan baum is very happy with him

Would anyone know if any of these 2 offices mentioned (RWJ and Baum) are confidential? I've seen many threads on here complaining about the lack of confidentiality in Lakewood medical offices.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would anyone know if any of these 2 offices mentioned (RWJ and Baum) are confidential? I've seen many threads on here complaining about the lack of confidentiality in Lakewood medical offices.

Very confidential. Dr. Segal is frum. They are very professional too. I used them for 1 delivery. Using OGOA now. Distance to rwj was too much for me

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:13 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Very confidential. Dr. Segal is frum. They are very professional too. I used them for 1 delivery. Using OGOA now. Distance to rwj was too much for me

What's OGOA?

I've never had a frum ob. Can anyone share if that made them uncomfortable?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:19 pm
Where does Dr. Baum deliver?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:22 pm
Love love love Dr Tal and Roman! (Even the nurse practitioner is fantastic!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where does Dr. Baum deliver?

Jersey Shore. I had fantastic experiences with him and the hospital bh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Where do they deliver? Is the office confidential?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:32 pm
amother [burlywood] wrote:

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh I see it was mentioned previously that he has terrible bedside manner. Have you found that to be an issue?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh I see it was mentioned previously that he has terrible bedside manner. Have you found that to be an issue?

I’ve personally never had that experience with him..we have a great relationship..I’m using him for over 10 years now..however that being said-I do know that there are times he doesn’t have the optimal bedside manner and can be cranky...he’s Israeli...but his knowledge...expertise...is top notch and for me that was most important.
He can come across like a “know it all” but with that comes his confidence and ability to perform at a really experienced level.
(It’s a running joke that as his patient you get the best care in the hospital because all the nurses are scared of him and whatever he says goes!!)

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Monmouth.

I never had an issue with confidentiality...but there were a few times I wanted to discuss something with him and he saw I was trying to be discreet about it and he was very careful when speaking it over with his office staff..

Power1Mom

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:09 pm
Another vote for Dr. Tal’s practice. Extremely experienced, and takes their patients health very seriously.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:14 pm
You need to be careful with him. He has two personalities. Certain patients, particularly if he knows the whole family or if you are a strong, aggressive kind of person who knows how to give back what you get, get great service and have no idea what other women are complaining about.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries