Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Spinach Bites with Honey Mustard

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:24 am
Spinach Bites with Honey Mustard

Can be served at room temperature - notes are not mine. These are very easy

Excerpt From: Amy Rosen - Kosher Style

SERVES 8-10

I first ate these delicious, savory bites at my friend Joanna’s house when her mom, Andrea, made them for a big party a couple of decades ago. I got the recipe from her and recently made them for a party of my own, and let’s just say the ensuing years have not diminished their power. Full of spinach, buttery stuffing and Parmigiano-Reggiano, then dipped in honey mustard for added oomph, they go fast, so doubling the recipe isn’t a bad idea.

2 (10 oz) packages frozen spinach, thawed
2 cups herbed stuffing mix, crushed
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
½ cup butter, melted
4 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
3 eggs, beaten
Vegetable oil spray
Honey mustard, for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2. Place the thawed spinach in a clean tea towel and, using your hands and all of your strength, squeeze it until the spinach is as dry as you can get it.

3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the crushed stuffing, Parmigiano-Reggiano, butter, green onions and eggs. Mix well with your hands. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil, then form the spinach mixture into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet (spaced so they’re not touching), and bake in the preheated oven for 10–15 minutes. These can be made ahead of time and warmed up in a 200°F oven before serving. They’re also tasty at room temperature.

4. Pour the honey mustard into a pretty little dish and set it in the center of a large plate. Pile the spinach balls up and around the bowl and serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals