Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Playgroup schedules and activities

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 4:32 pm
My son will b 2 in October and really needs to go to playgroup. However, I cannot afford to send him (I’m stay at home and having baby soon). Can anyone give me ideas of basic schedule and activities done in playgroup? Any kiddi spaces in Brooklyn that he can run and I sit? Hopefully in few months I’ll b able to afford and find someone willing to take him mid yr.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 4:40 pm
Check with your local Brooklyn Public Library. They often have kids scheduled a few times a week.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 4:59 pm
I was a stay at home mom when my kids were little. Do mall play areas or libraries on rainy days.... do parks and long walks on nice days. Bake together, read books together, have dance parties with music, it will be great.

sweet

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:08 pm
Honestly , I dont understand why a 2 yr. Old needs playgroup?
I have never sent any of my children out before they're 3rd birthday.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:18 pm
I used to invite toddlers who were neighbors the same age as my kid to come play by us for an hour twice a week. This gave my son additional company and interaction.

mfb

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:15 pm
sweet wrote:
Honestly , I dont understand why a 2 yr. Old needs playgroup?
I have never sent any of my children out before they're 3rd birthday.

I’ve had some kids that were able to keep themselves busy for 10-15 minutes at a time and those kids can stay home and you keep changing the toy and they’re ok. I’ve had others that wouldn’t play for more than 2-3 minutes with a toy or wouldn’t play alone at all. Those are very difficult to have at home, especially with a newborn.

whewpy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:12 pm
There a playgroup in boro park that does 2 mornings a week. Would that work for u?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:45 pm
Tx for the replies. I go to the library every so often. They have activities in Tuesday’s so I try to be there during that time. I’ve brought him to kids n action, chuck e cheese as well. Is there any space smaller than kids n action but same kind of climbing stuff for lil kids?
To the poster that mentioned something about a playgroup 2x a week. Yes I’d probably b interested. Can u tell me more about it?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:47 pm
My 2 year old loves the cd Morah music/ mendy music. It’s a Jewish fun kids exercise cd. You can do it every other day with him.

bookie

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tx for the replies. I go to the library every so often. They have activities in Tuesday’s so I try to be there during that time. I’ve brought him to kids n action, chuck e cheese as well. Is there any space smaller than kids n action but same kind of climbing stuff for lil kids?
To the poster that mentioned something about a playgroup 2x a week. Yes I’d probably b interested. Can u tell me more about it?

The ability center it’s on avenue S and thirty fifth I believe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics