Home

ISO brown rice crispy rice cereal

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:47 pm
I see it frequently in recipes but I have yet to actually see it in a store. And bonus points for no sugar added. Thanks for any leads.
Back to top

Goldie613




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:24 pm
Thought I remembered Puffins making it, turned out it was a related company.

https://www.barbaras.com/produ.....isps/
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:15 am
Goldie613 wrote:
Thought I remembered Puffins making it, turned out it was a related company.

https://www.barbaras.com/produ.....isps/


Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:23 am
B&D makes it in Israel. No sugar or salt added
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 2:53 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I see it frequently in recipes but I have yet to actually see it in a store. And bonus points for no sugar added. Thanks for any leads.


What kind of recipes? Now I'm intrigued. I can see sprinkling it over salads at the last minute, or using it as a garnish on a cream soup. What else?
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
What kind of recipes? Now I'm intrigued. I can see sprinkling it over salads at the last minute, or using it as a garnish on a cream soup. What else?


Rice crispy desserty type stuff but with honey, etc. (Chocolate chips don't count.)
Back to top

thanks




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:45 pm
I wanted to use them for my rice crispy treat recipe. I was surprised and disappointed that the fiber content is the same as regular rice crispies. Is there a real benefit to this cereal?
Back to top

asweet




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:03 pm
Kellogg's makes a brown rice crispy cereal. They sell it every where, Walmart, or shop Rite.
Back to top

trixx




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:05 pm
This brand, I've seen it in health stores
https://www.amazon.com/Erewhon.....5E3AI
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:14 pm
trixx wrote:
This brand, I've seen it in health stores
https://www.amazon.com/Erewhon.....5E3AI


FYI this brand is no longer being produced. It is out of stock everywhere.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:58 am
asweet wrote:
Kellogg's makes a brown rice crispy cereal. They sell it every where, Walmart, or shop Rite.


Without sugar?
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 06 2019, 10:23 am
thanks wrote:
I wanted to use them for my rice crispy treat recipe. I was surprised and disappointed that the fiber content is the same as regular rice crispies. Is there a real benefit to this cereal?


The processing ruins the nutritional content, but brown rice still has that complex, nutty taste to it.

It's like how store bought white bread and "whole wheat bread" are pretty much the same thing, as far as nutrition goes.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO shabbos coat in lakewood.
by amother
2 Today at 9:51 pm View last post
ISO keyboard/piano teacher
by amother
2 Today at 9:36 pm View last post
ISO reasonable reliable exterminator in/nr Crown Heights
by amother
0 Today at 8:46 pm View last post
ISO Chumash Shiurim?
by amother
5 Today at 6:54 pm View last post
ISO shabbos jacket/ coat
by amother
3 Today at 3:56 pm View last post

Jump to: