Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your five best EASY chicken dishes
1  2  3  Next

N'sMom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:34 pm
I am really tired of the easy chicken dishes I have in regular rotation. Maybe you are too. Let's all list our "regulars " and see if we can inspire each other.

Mine:

Lemon olive chicken
Apricot chicken
Classic roast chicken
Lemon chicken
Raspberry chicken
Cauliflower (or zuchinni) chicken

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:31 am
Season with whatever:

Sous vide boneless with skin dark meat to 140F and finish on grill, in pan in broiler

Same for boneless breast with skin only cook to 145F then finish as above.

It’ll always be great.

N'sMom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:34 am
It sounds fabulous but I don't have a sous vide.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:46 am
Oven baked snitzel. Dip skinless, boneless chicken breast in flour, eggs, then panko bread crumbs. I season both the flour and bread crumbs with spices (garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper...etc). Spray chicken, both sides with non stick oil spray. Bake in oven 425-450 degrees about 15-20 minutes, flip chicken halfway during baking time. I use a meat thermometer to check once chicken is done (should be 165 degrees). If I don’t have panko, I use regular breadcrumbs, matzo meal or cornflake crumbs. My husband loves to eat his chicken with sweet and sour sauce.

my mama

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 1:21 am
Marinate chicken breast in white wine and crushed garlic, (I usually freeze it in a ziploc bag as soon as I buy the chicken with the marinade) grill in a grill pan. Serve in a chicken salad or with steamed veggies.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 5:22 am
Southern style chicken
Classic roast chicken
Juicy baked chicken breasts instead of grilled
Italian primavera chicken
Lemon herb chicken

bamba

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:14 am
Cut up chicken breast Into pieces. Fry with onions and peppers spice. Serve in pitta or in a wrap

Chicken in pot ( fry lots of Onions pour grape juice over) leave for a couple of hours

Coat pieces of chicken breast in flour mixture with spices (I do in a bag and shake around) fry and at the end pour over bbq sauce/teriyaki sauce.

Chicken stir fry with frozen veg and noodles.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:30 am
-Smear cutlets with duck sauce, pour on French's onions, bake on 400 for 25 min

-marinate in beer, olive oil, salt+pepper+garlic, basil, oregano. Grill or bake.

-dip cutlets (cut up) in flour, then egg, then crushed nish nosh crackers. Fry. Serve in sandwich with salad veggies and nish nosh dressing.

-Dredge cut up cutlets in flour, and fry. Boil 1C duck sauce, half cup soy sauce, half cup brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds to make it pretty.

-cut into cutlets. Dip in italian dressing, then breadcrumbs. Lay out in foil pan. Pour over duck sauce, and sprinkle cut up pastrami on top. Bake uncovered.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:37 am
bamba wrote:
Cut up chicken breast Into pieces. Fry with onions and peppers spice. Serve in pitta or in a wrap

Chicken in pot ( fry lots of Onions pour grape juice over) leave for a couple of hours

Coat pieces of chicken breast in flour mixture with spices (I do in a bag and shake around) fry and at the end pour over bbq sauce/teriyaki sauce.

Chicken stir fry with frozen veg and noodles.

For the chicken in a pot recipe, what type of chicken... cutlets or legs ?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:48 am
Yesterday, I mixed ketchup, honey, frozen crushed garlic and Montreal chicken seasoning stirred it together and poured it over chicken legs. I left skin on some and removed skin on the others . I cooked it in a crockpot for around six hours but it didn’t even need that long. It took 5 min to prepare in the morning and I just let it cook.

animeme

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:57 am
Am I the only one who doesn't consider a recipe that involves dipping individual chicken cutlets in marinade and crumbs to be easy?

My easy weekday: Cut up leftover Shabbos chicken/soup chicken, quick-saute in a pan with taco seasoning, eat in a wrap or taco shell with lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, or whatever with jarred salsa.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:04 am
animeme wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't consider a recipe that involves dipping individual chicken cutlets in marinade and crumbs to be easy?

My easy weekday: Cut up leftover Shabbos chicken/soup chicken, quick-saute in a pan with taco seasoning, eat in a wrap or taco shell with lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, or whatever with jarred salsa.

Shake it up in ziplocks!

lev2luv

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:06 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Yesterday, I mixed ketchup, honey, frozen crushed garlic and Montreal chicken seasoning stirred it together and poured it over chicken legs. I left skin on some and removed skin on the others . I cooked it in a crockpot for around six hours but it didn’t even need that long. It took 5 min to prepare in the morning and I just let it cook.

On hi or low?

bamba

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:08 am
elisheva25 wrote:
For the chicken in a pot recipe, what type of chicken... cutlets or legs ?

Any chicken pieces. Just not the cutlets.
So white on the bone is good
Whole. chicken in pieces.
Legs. Etc

Twinster

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:19 am
One pot dinner:

In a slow cooker, cook cutlets in chicken stock.

Cut into bite sized pieces before or after cooking.

20 min before serving, add frozen vegetable mix and pasta or dumplings.

Optional: thicken with corn starch dissolved in cold water.

smile12345

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:31 am
ra_mom wrote:
Southern style chicken
Classic roast chicken
Juicy baked chicken breasts instead of grilled
Italian primavera chicken
Lemon herb chicken

What is your recipe for juicy baked chicken breasts?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:38 am
smile12345 wrote:
What is your recipe for juicy baked chicken breasts?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....35810

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:41 am
- spiced chicken - make a mixture in bowl of equal amounts onion powder, garlic, pepper, salt & double brown sugar mix with oil and smear all over chicken. drizzle honey and bake. yum!

- flour chicken - 1/2 C flour in bag mixed with salt & pepper. add chicken to bag to coat and bake till really well done.

- honey chicken - soy sauce, honey, pepper...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:42 am
Dark chicken cutlets (so pricey it's for yom tov) - wonderful baked/broiled recipes. Very simple ingredients.

Chicken breasts-cutlets - dredge lightly in 1/3 c flour, 1/2 c oil, and seasonings of your choice. Coat in cornflake crumbs, bake. You can slice the chicken and freeze in single layers, then pop in ziploc bag so you can take out as needed. You can also prep this raw, or quickly from frozen cutlets, and freeze till needed.

Skin chicken legs, smear with seasoned mayo (Old Bay seasoning, onion soup, etc), coat with corn flake crumbs, bake.

More to come bli neder.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:42 am
lev2luv wrote:
On hi or low?

I did it on high for two hours and switched it to low afterward
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey