Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your five best EASY chicken dishes
Previous  1  2  3

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:29 pm
For grilled chicken I like to marinate in coarse mustard, garlic, herbs de Provence, and some vinegar or lemon.
For baked thighs- line pan with butternut squash, add chicken, onion slices, garlic, coconut aminos, white wine and a little
Honey or maple syrup. Can add herbs de Provence too or cilantro. Bake covered for 2 hours and then uncovered for a bit
Baked thighs with soy sauce, frozen orange juice concentrate, garlic and honey
Can purée jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and onion and use as marinade for baked or grill chicken

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:09 pm
N'sMom wrote:
For those of you who requested my recipes... as you will see, I don't really have any. More like methods. Here they are:

The lemon olive chicken is loosely based on a recipe by Jamie Geller and another by Ottolenghi. https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....pers/ When I have capers in the house I add those too. But over time I have stopped being as formal about how much I add of each item. Basically for each cut up chicken I drizzle on a couple of TBSP of olive oil and the juice of a fresh lemon, I then sprinkle about some small cut up piece sf lemon, some halved olives and if I have them, capers, plus some fresh thyme. I bake for about 45 minutes, until it is golden brown. This one gets nice and crispy.

Lemon chicken is just about the same but even simpler. Squeeze the juice of a lemon on cut up chicken, Grate some fresh ground pepper on it and bake. This one is probably the family all time favorite. It is the most requested for birthday shabbosim (where the birthday person picks the menu).

Apricot or raspberry chicken - mix jam and fresh lemon juice (sensing a certain theme?) about half and half until smooth. For one chicken it would be about 1/4 cup of each, but for example, last week I had an almost empty jar and just added some lemon to it and shook it up. Exact measurements are not that important. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder and then pour on the glaze. Note: this roasts very brown, but maintains its moistness. MY mother-in-law loves this one and persists in thinking it's hard to do. Please don't tell her.

Cauliflower or zuchinni chicken - make a bed of thinly sliced onion and fresh garlic cloves in the bottom of a pan. For one chicken figure a medium onion or half of a large one, and 8 garlics, but this is not rocket science and you can add more or less as you like. (WE like a lot of garlic!) If you are using zuchinni, make a layer of sliced zuchinni on top of the onions and garlic. If you are doing ti with cauliflower, wait. Season chicken pieces with garlic, paprika and whatever else you usually season chicken with and place in the pan on top of the veggies. If you are making the cauliflower version surround the chicken with cauliflowerettes. Season the cauliflower with whatever you used on the chicken. Cover tightly and bake for 45 minutes or so. Then uncover and bake another 15-20, to get some color on the chicken. This version is a more stewed-"gedempte" preparation. it makes a lot of sauce and cries out for rice, quinoa or another grain.

These are all very forgiving. Exact cooking times are not an issue (within reason). Also, if you like your chicken well done, all of these maintain moistness if cooked a bit longer.

These are all family favorites, and not going out of the rotation, but I would love to find some new ones.

Thanks, these are all up my alley.

boogiebabe

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:53 am
Can you prep these chicken recipes, freeze unbaked and prepare later, freezer to table?
Anyone have go to recipes like this?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:11 am
boogiebabe wrote:
Can you prep these chicken recipes, freeze unbaked and prepare later, freezer to table?

Almost all. Place frozen in oven in the morning, set it to start baking toward the afternoon when chicken is defrosted.

teachkids

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:13 am
Garlic and brown sugar on chicken legs- either in the oven or Crock-Pot, comes out delicious!

Or

Pour on salsa and bake covered.

Dina2018

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:44 am
bamba wrote:

Chicken in pot ( fry lots of Onions pour grape juice over) leave for a couple of hours
it sounds nice, do you mean crock pot or normal pot? how much juice for a chicken? tia!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 7:30 am
boogiebabe wrote:

Yes. I do it all the time and mentioned it earlier on the thread re chicken cutlets but I do it with legs too.
Speaking of which, here are some more:
For 4 legs combine 1 tsp. oil, 1.5 Tbsp. paprika, 1 tsp. cumin (more or less to taste), salt, pepper, 2.5 Tbsp. wine vinegar. (You could also use chili powder, onion powder, etc. Experiment to taste.) Slice two large onions.
Place chicken pieces in pan. Smear some of the paste (it will be a loose paste) on the chicken. Toss the rest with the onions and spread onions over the chicken. Bake.

I had leftover mushroom gravy from yom tov. I spread it over chicken, poured some white wine around and baked. I might have rubbed mustard into the chicken first.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:02 am
N'sMom wrote:

Cauliflower or zuchinni chicken - make a bed of thinly sliced onion and fresh garlic cloves in the bottom of a pan. For one chicken figure a medium onion or half of a large one, and 8 garlics, but this is not rocket science and you can add more or less as you like. (WE like a lot of garlic!) If you are using zuchinni, make a layer of sliced zuchinni on top of the onions and garlic. If you are doing ti with cauliflower, wait. Season chicken pieces with garlic, paprika and whatever else you usually season chicken with and place in the pan on top of the veggies. If you are making the cauliflower version surround the chicken with cauliflowerettes. Season the cauliflower with whatever you used on the chicken. Cover tightly and bake for 45 minutes or so. Then uncover and bake another 15-20, to get some color on the chicken. This version is a more stewed-"gedempte" preparation. it makes a lot of sauce and cries out for rice, quinoa or another grain.

UPDATE - I made a version of this for shabbat and it was great, especially served with rice.
I used a bag of mixed vegetables (cauliflower broccoli and carrots). Made for great leftovers as well.

Thanks OP, I'm adding this to my rotation.
In exchange you might want to try my chestnut chicken.
*Marinate chicken (I use in bone pieces, but works with boneless chicken thighs (pargiyot in Israel) as well in a soy-honey-garlic sauce

(to prepare sauce combine: ketchup, garlic -granulated, crushed or minced fresh - soy sauce and something sweet such as honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, sweet-chili sauce, jam, cola - etc. etc. you can choose one of these or combine several)

Pour chicken into a pan, add chestnuts (from a vacuum pack), if desired add sliced onions - cover and bake in the over for 45 minutes, remove cover and brown in the over for another 15-30 minutes.

You can also make this on the stove top - brown onions in olive oil, add chicken and brown chicken pieces, pour sauce on top - add chestnuts, cover the pan and keep cooking on low until the chicken is very hot to touch.

You can replace chestnuts with walnuts if you desire.

mochamix18

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:31 am
chanchy123 wrote:
UPDATE - I made a version of this for shabbat and it was great, especially served with rice.
I used a bag of mixed vegetables (cauliflower broccoli and carrots). Made for great leftovers as well.

Thanks OP, I'm adding this to my rotation.
In exchange you might want to try my chestnut chicken.
*Marinate chicken (I use in bone pieces, but works with boneless chicken thighs (pargiyot in Israel) as well in a soy-honey-garlic sauce

(to prepare sauce combine: ketchup, garlic -granulated, crushed or minced fresh - soy sauce and something sweet such as honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, sweet-chili sauce, jam, cola - etc. etc. you can choose one of these or combine several)

Pour chicken into a pan, add chestnuts (from a vacuum pack), if desired add sliced onions - cover and bake in the over for 45 minutes, remove cover and brown in the over for another 15-30 minutes.

You can also make this on the stove top - brown onions in olive oil, add chicken and brown chicken pieces, pour sauce on top - add chestnuts, cover the pan and keep cooking on low until the chicken is very hot to touch.

You can replace chestnuts with walnuts if you desire.

I love this! I have a lot of vacuum packed chestnuts in my pantry. I usually use them in soup made with sweet potato, pumpkin it butternut squash, but this chicken sounds like something I need to try 😀

chanchy123

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:38 am
mochamix18 wrote:
I love this! I have a lot of vacuum packed chestnuts in my pantry. I usually use them in soup made with sweet potato, pumpkin it butternut squash, but this chicken sounds like something I need to try 😀

Hey, I've heard of adding chestnuts to butternut squash soup and I've been meaning to try it, sounds perfect for winter.
How do you make your soup? Do you just add chestnuts to your regular sweet potato and butternut squash soup? (we call that Marak Katom in Israel, I make a variation of it a lot)

mochamix18

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:50 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Hey, I've heard of adding chestnuts to butternut squash soup and I've been meaning to try it, sounds perfect for winter.
How do you make your soup? Do you just add chestnuts to your regular sweet potato and butternut squash soup? (we call that Marak Katom in Israel, I make a variation of it a lot)

😂 I know marak Katom, also live in Israel. So yes I sautée Or let the orange veg soften with the crumbled chestnuts, add broth and purée with a stick blender once cooked. You can make it milchig with butter or pareve with oil. But even when made pareve, the chestnuts give the finished soup the most lovely buttery flavor. This soup is based off of a soup recipe in the original KBD cookbook by Susie Fischbein
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey