Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fifth disease. Help! What relieves itching?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:21 pm
Seems like my toddler has this now but presenting a bit interesting.
If your child had it can you please share how it presented & how long it lasted?

(This same kid just got over a bad stomach bug when literally that eve came down with symptoms matching parvovirus)

Edited bec it’s confirmed and child is itching terrible, can’t sleep. I’m afraid to give Benadryl

caza

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:59 pm
Dd5 had it and it was just a really red rash on her cheeks, was perfectly well otherwise (maybe had cold like symptoms a few days before) some children get a fever as well.
She was perfectly well and even went to school, apparently it's only contagious before the rash comes out.
Just something to note, It can be serious for a pregnant lady but most if us are immune,here in the UK the hospital will check your immunity if you are exposed to slapped cheek in pregnancy. My hospital keep some blood for such incidents so they tested it and I was immune.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 4:15 pm
I had 5th disease as a child. I presented with the rash on my cheeks for a few days, and then got horribly nauseous. I vomited pretty badly for a couple of days straight, but then B'H got over it. I think it's the most sick I've ever gotten from a virus.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:58 pm
Poor baby Sad itching all over and don’t know what to do

mochamix18

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Poor baby Sad itching all over and don’t know what to do

Baking soda or oatmeal bath, cool packs on rashes, cream like cerave or eucerine. Of course double check everything with pediatrician. Refuah shelaima to your little one and hatzlacha rabah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics