Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Wonderful loving young couple looking to adopt a Jewish baby
1  2  Next

etziongaver

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:37 am
A frum Torahdik young couple I know is looking to adopt a baby. I would love to help them. They are such good, wonderful, loving, growthful people and would be such excellent parents. I wish I knew where to look to help them find the right address. It is so raw and so personal and I would prefer for them that their information not be splashed all over the internet for all curious people to be entertained by, I feel like this challenge is so huge that at the very least they should be able to preserve some of their dignity and anonymity.

If, by a nes, anyone here knows someone who is looking for a family for their child, please PM me and I will share their information.
If anyone has any ideas of how to reach people who might know this nes we are looking for,
please share them here!!

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:40 am
Ohel? Where do they live?

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:30 am
No ideas, just wishing Mazel and Bracha.

etziongaver

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:46 am
they live in the tristate area

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:33 am
etziongaver wrote:
they live in the tristate area

That's pretty vague. I know Ohel operates in NY, and assists in NJ, though I haven't a clue if they do anything in Connecticut. Still, worth asking them. If they can't help, then they can at least direct the couple to someone who can.

nomismommy

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:59 am
Have they contacted child services? Maybe there's a Jewish child in foster care and the parents are okay with an adoption.

tf

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:33 am
Hamaspik?

DVOM

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:35 am
A dear friend of mine who could not have biological children had the idea to call every young israel and chabad rabbi she could get a hold of and to let them know that she and her husband were interested in adopting a Jewish child. In their case, they were only interested in adopting an infant, up to one year. They got a young israel and chabad directory and made hundreds of phone calls over the course of a few years, in some cases flying out to meet this or that rabbi to continue the conversation in person. They've adopted two children this way, in both cases a congregant who was pregnant and unmarried approached their rabbi, who had already met with a wonderful couple looking to adopt. Perhaps your friend could do the same?

tinyspark

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:46 pm
Atime has an adoption program. The menorah project.1.877.7.MENORA. Or Atime.org
Hatzlacha

Blessing1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:49 pm
They should contact ohel or Atime.

ddmom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:50 pm
Are they only interested in a baby?
Im asking cause I have something in mind.

etziongaver

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 3:02 pm
at the moment they are looking for a Jewish infant. They have contacted ohel, a time, puah, boneiolam, etc. They did the home study and are certified as foster parents. Now we need a baby!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 3:19 pm
Why only Jewish? I've heard that if not much is known about the parents, it could be problematic because of a safek of mamzeros. The potential parents definitely need serious halachic guidance on this.

It would be better to adopt a child that is clearly non Jewish, and do a conversion on the baby. The only drawback to that, is that when the child is bar or bat mitzva, they will have the option to stay Jewish, or not. They get to choose because they didn't have any say in the matter when they were babies.

(There are some families who adopt and convert a child, but never tell the child that they are adopted. They aren't offered a choice at bar/bat mitzva, and I'm not sure exactly how they were advised by their rabbis. That seems dodgy to me, but I don't really know enough to say one way or the other.)

On the other hand, if they decide not to be Jewish after bar/bat mitzva, they can always reconfirm with a rabbi, so all is not lost.

In Israel, there is an 8 year waiting list to adopt a baby.

matryoshka_blue

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 10:23 am
I know this is from a long time ago, but in case this pops up and helps anyone still looking, I recently heard of a Chabad-run orphanage in the Ukraine called the Mishpacha Orphanage.

I don’t exactly know if the kids there were born Jewish, but in all the pictures of the kids online, they are living completely frum lives. It might be worth it to reach out to this orphanage about potential leads.

https://www.mishpachaorphanage.org/

This is their Instagram:
https://instagram.com/mishpach.....3zstv

etziongaver

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:30 am
In case anyone is reading this, these wonderful people have become even more wonderful and are still waiting for a child. Baby/child/foster child, they are ready to be parents. If you have any leads please send message.

rikki 1

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:41 am
There is a wonderful new organization in the Lakewood area called Bridges for Families. They are involved with foster families and respite care for families in challenging situations. Maybe they would have ideas or a lead? Good luck!

mommyX2

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:04 am
There is a chabad family who adopted several children. I believe they live in the Midwest. They made their story public. I wonder if they would have leads

mommyX2

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:07 am
mommyX2 wrote:
There is a chabad family who adopted several children. I believe they live in the Midwest. They made their story public. I wonder if they would have leads

Their name is Bruk

Good Friend

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:41 am
mommyX2 wrote:

https://www.chabad.org/multime.....s.htm

Cressel

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 1:37 pm
Reach out to Bonei Olam and find out about how to adopt a frum child. I think they can direct this couple into how to do it and what services are available for adoption
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics