Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Whats so bad about Las Vegas?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Prostitution is illegal in Vegas but the majority of prostitution in Nevada goes on in Vages despite it being illegal.
Prostitution is not the only inappropriate thing in Vegas going on though. It's the whole vibe of that place. The billboards, advertisements, shows, hotels, stores... literally wherever you go and loom there's pritzus & something inappropriate to see. Especially at night when the crowd is drunk. No one will stop anyone from doing something inappropriate and indecent in public.
It has nothing to with trusting your spouse. There are some places where we just don't belong. [b]Why is it so hard for people to accept the fact? The world is big enough, to go to Vegas just for leisure is just wrong.[b]

Did you see the part where OP wrote that her DH has to be there for business?

cbsp

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:19 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did you see the part where OP wrote that her DH has to be there for business?

So business trumps all?

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:22 pm
My husband and I went to Vegas for vacation. We had a wonderful time hotel-hopping (each hotel is unique and gorgeous!!), eating out, and going to shows (a magic show and ventriloquist- nothing wildly inappropriate). We stayed in a gorgeous hotel in a gigantic luxurious suite for less than $100/night! With tons of amenities included. Wish we can go back!! One thing I hated was the gambling though! And the smoking.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:26 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Might be illegal but not enforced.

There are trucks with nude women with just a line covering advertising call girls with a phone number on back bold.

That says I’ve seen business cards advertising call girls on the streets of bp with some pretty explicit pics

I was there with my family as a young teen, and I remember this. I was definitely bothered by the tumah and inappropriate pictures around.

The streets were littered with these advertisements. People tried handing them to my father as he walked down the street with his family!

Definitely not a place for shmiras einayim.

BUT - this is about the “strip”, the main touristy area. If he is staying somewhere slightly out of it he might not encounter this at all. I would not be comfortable with my husband walking down the main strip.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:42 pm
cbsp wrote:
So business trumps all?

Not at all. I was just pointing out to Goldenrod that the premise of her whole post is moot, because she said that there's no excuse to go there for leisure. OP's DH needs to go for business. Two different things.

I wouldn't be comfortable with my DH going to Vegas alone, personally, even for business. I just don't like when posters give a whole lecture without having read the OP.

cbsp

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:22 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Not at all. I was just pointing out to Goldenrod that the premise of her whole post is moot, because she said that there's no excuse to go there for leisure. OP's DH needs to go for business. Two different things.

I wouldn't be comfortable with my DH going to Vegas alone, personally, even for business. I just don't like when posters give a whole lecture without having read the OP.

Ah, got it. Fair point.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
My DH has a trip planned for work to Las Vegas for literally a day. I can't go with him this time. What is so scary/bad about Las Vegas that his Rav was not keen for him to go without me? Can someone please enlighten me, thanks.

Gambling is ossur and there’s a lot of temptation for a man and scantily dressed women

treetop12

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:44 pm
I have been to Las Vegas numerous times and have not observed women soliciting.
If someone is looking to sin in Vegas it is easier than in Lakewood or Monsey. Like other posters said previously, if someone wants to sin, they can do it anywhere.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:45 pm
I used to go go on business trip to vegas and have been there many times. For those saying prostitution is illegal in las vegas: technically it is but in reality it's not. There are billboards with scantily clad women offering to come to your hotel room. There are people standing outside of hotels on the strip handing out cards offering the same service. There are newspapers all over the place with filthy pictures of woman offering to come to your hotel. It's laughable to say prostitution is illegal in vegas. It's just not enforced and is essentially legal.

Librarian

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:45 pm
My husband and I did a road trip from Arizona to Utah. We flew out of Los Vegas and planned on spending half the day there before we left. We checked out a hotel lobby or two, walked around for about 15 minutes and went running to the airport. We sat waiting for our flight for 6 hours rather than being in that toilet bowl. We are educated professionals, not at all sheltered, grew up in NYC. Even the "regular" people walking around are low class white trash. I need a shower even thinking about it!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:55 pm
mfb wrote:
Supposedly there are whores on the street corners enticing all men. And they approach you even if you don’t seem interested.
(Was never there just heard about it)

My dh was approached by a pimp in Manhattan and a women in a store once gave him her card.

He was confused about the card, until I explained it to him. The pimp told dh that he (unfortunately) looks like alot of his clients

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Neither have I. I’ve seen worse in NYC than what I’ve seen in Vegas.

How do you explain that men from the East coast who disregard the Ten commandents (to put it discreetly) have all been on "business" trips to Vegas??

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:39 pm
relax. many business shows are there. you can sin at Sin City or at home. Manhattan has strippers available as well. if hes an ehrliche guy that womt spend his day gambling , you ok!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:39 pm
I've spent a lot of time in Vegas. I had a relative who worked on the Strip and got to go to all the shows for free, so as a child/teenager I would visit regularly.

If your husband isn't the type to see an inappropriate ad/etc and get obsessed, you're fine. But there are men who are more sheltered who would have a harder time.

There are not harlots lining the streets but there are "slappers" everywhere. Slippers are these guys who give out/shove in your face harlot's cards/ads. They get your attention by slapping them together. I was walking with said relative on the strip when I was 14 and handed one of the cards. Relative threw a fit, chewed the guy out(who was unabashed at giving the card to me) and threatened the guy. So, that stuff happens if you spend enough time walking around there.

However, I know plenty of men who go for business conferences and don't get into trouble. But there's also plenty who do. But I worry about such things regardless of the city, with the nature of these things involving drinking and bonding with coworkers.

Maybe have your husband check in at regular intervals?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:43 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Definitely not a place for shmiras einayim.

BUT - this is about the “strip”, the main touristy area. If he is staying somewhere slightly out of it he might not encounter this at all. I would not be comfortable with my husband walking down the main strip.

Most business conferences are in fact held on the main strip.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 7:02 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Most business conferences are in fact held on the main strip.

But don't require walking around outside.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 3:13 pm
Are we talking about an adult man here?

It sounds more like you are describing a 2 year old in a candy store, where he just can't stop himself from wanting to grab anything with a pretty color or sparkly wrapper. He shouldn't be allowed in the store without his mommy holding his hand at all times, to make sure he doesn't run off.

I honestly can't believe you think so lowly of men. If your man is so easily led astray by anyone in a short skirt, then why would you want to marry someone you couldn't trust (or felt like you had to parent)?

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 3:16 pm
Pirkei Avot 2:4: "אַל תַּאֲמֵן בְּעַצְמָךְ עַד יוֹם מוֹתָךְ"

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 3:51 pm
I 100% agree with FF.
I still cant believe it when I read on this site just how much some of you women dont trust your husbands. Its really shocking. A good married man, in a good relationship with his wife, in a marriage where trust is paramount, should be trusted to act like a normal adult. And wives should not be thinking that just because a husband sees xyz, he will act upon that. Come on ladies, where is trust? Where is normalcy? I know men who have gone on business trips to vegas, from israel. And they never really saw anything but the office the were going to.
Why do so many women just not trust their husbands??????? It says a lot of about you and what you think of men and your husband. And it saddens me completely. And upsets me as well.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 4:50 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I 100% agree with FF.
I still cant believe it when I read on this site just how much some of you women dont trust your husbands. Its really shocking. A good married man, in a good relationship with his wife, in a marriage where trust is paramount, should be trusted to act like a normal adult. And wives should not be thinking that just because a husband sees xyz, he will act upon that. Come on ladies, where is trust? Where is normalcy? I know men who have gone on business trips to vegas, from israel. And they never really saw anything but the office the were going to.
Why do so many women just not trust their husbands??????? It says a lot of about you and what you think of men and your husband. And it saddens me completely. And upsets me as well.

My husband had to go there for work. I had no problem with him going there but he chose not to. He didn't want to put himself in a position where he may have slight temptations to sin.

There obviously is more to it then a 2 yr old in a candy store if a full grown mature adult could see reason not to go.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics