Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My new shaitel doesn’t look right 😕

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 12:43 am
I finally spent a decent amount on a shaitel. Shaitel macher carefully chose shaitel that had good hair. She cut and told me it’s okay to come back and cut more. I came back and back again.. probably 5-6 pounds times. We added baby hair, thinned out the wig... it still doesn’t look good. I don’t even know what to ask her to do anymore. I’m not comfortable wearing this shaitel and it’s a shame since I really need a new one and I spent a lot.
At this point I’m willing to go to someone else. I’m looking for a top of the line shaitel cutter who can work wonders and fix up my shaitel.
I live in Lakewood but would travel anywhere in NJ, Brooklyn, Queens, monsey, Manhattan....
Any suggestions???

queene

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 1:20 am
https://instagram.com/chayaspr.....rp5kw

She is top in wig repairs.
Totally reconstructs old wigs and makes them new so Im sure she can so something for you.

snoopy613

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 1:33 am
maybe you should try wearing the shaitel for a while before you put money into it. I have found that often with time, the shaitel looks better, or you may be able to figure out what it is you dont like about it
hatzlacha

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:12 am
Wow, not an easy situation (speaking from experience).
Before you take it to anyone else, be sure that you want to keep the wig- because once someone else cuts it, she may not take further responsibility. If she cut it and you don't like it, she should work with you until you're happy- even if it means switching it for another wig.

Good luck...I hope the outcome will be good.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:45 am
Takes time to get used to a new wig.
maybe it's good and nice u just dont see it, maybe ask another opinion someone u trust.
I would definitely not take it to a different wig salon, then u will loose the original one that did it for u.
I know it's sad.

Libbyswigsalon is great she's in monsey u can follow here on Instagram.

Good luck

sky

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 7:39 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Wow, not an easy situation (speaking from experience).
Before you take it to anyone else, be sure that you want to keep the wig- because once someone else cuts it, she may not take further responsibility. If she cut it and you don't like it, she should work with you until you're happy- even if it means switching it for another wig.

Good luck...I hope the outcome will be good.

This. She may no longer stand behind it if someone else touches it. That is pretty standard in the industry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics