Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Has anyone been into Dicci, the stunning new store on 13th?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

bashinda

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 1:15 pm
I just think of Edith Bloch, shetichye, who has amazing shiurim in CH in the fall/winter Shabbos nights!

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:32 pm
I'm afraid she might be the one. oiy vay.. and look how we beat her up.. pour soul. We better repent..It's almost Yom Kippur again! I'm being serious now! Banging head

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm afraid she might be the one. oiy vay.. and look how we beat her up.. pour soul. We better repent..It's almost Yom Kippur again! I'm being serious now! Banging head
Maybe you can start by repenting about accusing a specific person of spamming a message board. I think this should stop now.

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:41 pm
If you feel so, Why didn't you speak up till now? How dared you let this go on for so long? Question Exclamation Rolling Eyes :

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 7:45 pm
Squash wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
[
pick one. it's a free country. you have a right to pronounce it anyway you want without anyone making fun of you.

yeah. uh huh. sniff sniff sniff

I dow what you bean. sniffle sniffle

do you feel better now? or do you need a hug Wink

Crayon210

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:25 am
Breaking News:

Edith the Maiven and this amother she is talking to are, in fact, the same person.

Edith, that's not what the amother feature is for, please don't use it to argue with yourself.

Now we can all get back to our regularly scheduled program, knowing that we were all such great detectives.

Butterfly

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 3:51 am
Bravo Crayon, couldn't wait for this moment. It was beginning to get too much. 5 pages is quite a workout. Had so much fun though. I had so many laughs that my actual size "6" body almost bloated.. up to size xxxlg. I didn't really mean to tickle up the readers in a rude way, bt obviously, some chose to see it that way. Honestly I wondered into this blog by mistake, and from hereon I shall move on imy"h. Just one important issue.. about the name "Edith", which as you know, doesn't even resemble my real name.. When our Bubbies came to America after the war in Europe, (Hitler Yimach Shemo) one of their important goals were to become American citizens, and in those times (Apr. 60 years ago) in order to become a citizen they had to pick an American/English name. Many Aidel's, Ethel's, Esther's, etc. chose Edith for their names, because it sounded a bit Jewish-like.. until some 20-30 years later, when Yiddish and Hebrew names became legal. So when the "tickled up ones" brought the non jewish Edith's Lehavdil to compare.., I felt very sorry for the Bubbie's (some O"H), their children and grandchildren for whom those names are/were so dear. At that point I immediately stopped posting, and decided that when all will cool, I will post this statement. Thanks for your wonderful accomplishment, at the right time.. so I was able to do it sooner than I thought.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 5:49 am
Edith,
Since you're still here, do you mind if I ask why you were having a conversation with yourself and making such a big deal about your size (especially since you are a size 6 in real life)?
I'm a bit confused by this thread.

justanothermother

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 5:57 am
At least she didn't use a sue-donym.

Butterfly

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:45 am
To Chossid Mom,
In answer to your question, I will start first from the beginning so to make it easier for you and all others who have similar questions. As you can see I am a beginner and hopefully bezrh"h a goner from this particular thread as soon as possible. I never meant to hurt anyone nor to provoke such a fuss. It is so unlike me.. I wrote these posts while a relative who is living with us temporarily, was sitting at my side. I was supposedly trying to entertain her.. we can all use it sometimes.. As we were roaming through many other forums, we hit this button too "by accident"..and yet nothing is an accident.. unless you choose it to be..which at this point we certainly do.. My relative and I chose to have this conversation on this thread.. because where else would be the Pasiga-right place, besides one talking to oneself which is boring and depressing....and while we were enjoying ourselves, "silly thoughts and remarks" were going on among some readers. My relative is the sweetest and funniest lady. And she is my "best best friend" as well. She wears large size clothing, and always looks fabulous B"H. So in this particular thread we decided that I play big size too. After all, what difference does it make to mench-heit/personality, in real life, what size you really are?! As we shopped together "in true life" she actually bought herself the beautiful knit at Dicci's, in a large size.. and she looks gorgeous in it. Unfortunately, later on, a bit too late.. we realised .. that in order to have some entertainment, we should do it it amongst ourselves and family only.. In true life, I am the The "Leah Foster" in the family, and if I may add.. I am being very careful not to hurt anybody with my humor. So if anyone felt hurt, now is the time to apologize. We are so sorry! Please all forgive us. And as we leave this forum may I end with the Posuk. SIYUG LECHOCHMOH SHTIKOH. I think we should all move on and leave this controversy to rest.
I remain, hopefully a size 6 for good,
Edith

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:52 am
I guess with ur size 6, u dont need an edith, eh? Wink

yersp

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:59 am
After seeing what crayon wrote that edith was having a conversation with herself, I think I know why. If you look back at the time, she posted at 3 in the morning. Not too many people are awake then so I guess she needed to keep herself company.
Thanks for the entertainment! I could use a laugh or two.

Squash

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:03 pm
fyi you don't just 'stumble accross this board' and then start posting.

you need to sign up, fill out the questionaire, etc. it's a whole process.

so something in your so called apology doesn't add up.

Clarissa

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:07 pm
Squash wrote:
fyi you don't just 'stumble accross this board' and then start posting.

you need to sign up, fill out the questionaire, etc. it's a whole process.

so something in your so called apology doesn't add up.
I was thinking the same thing. Something is fishy about this whole thing, but I'm afraid of prolonging the discussion with Edith (or whoever) about what was going on. I still smell Spam. And yes, Spam isn't kosher.

justanothermother

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:13 pm

justanothermother

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:15 pm
Some more Kosher spam:

Squash

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:16 pm
you are waaaaaaaaaaaay too funny jewish mama Rolling Laughter

Squash

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:17 pm
is it 'gebaken nuch pesach'?

Last edited by Squash on Wed, May 07 2008, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:24 pm
I could be wrong, but something about edith reminded me of mahpitom......

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 12:30 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
I could be wrong, but something about edith reminded me of mahpitom......

Nah, Mahpitom doesn't shop in heimishe stores! You forgot? Wink
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics