Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to match shoes to skirts and tops?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:23 pm
Ok, so I'm not the best at this. I see everyone making amazing color combinations for spring, summer, early fall looks (with nude hose, not black tights weather), like black skirts with tan or cream or white loafers, or white skirts with silver, gold, or tan shoes. Like, it's not always right to wear black shoes with a black skirt or white shoes with a white skirt, rather a contrast, but sometimes it IS right...But how do you know it looks right when it doesn't really match? Or when it's supposed to match? If someone could write me out a chart, like:

1. Black top, white skirt, black shoes
2. Navy top, white skirt, brown shoes
Etc, I would really appreciate it! Tia!

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:31 pm
Certain color shoes are nuetral and can be worn with almost any outfit. Ex: gold, silver, all ranges of tan from dark to light, white (almost always)
Colorful shoes are best worn EITHER when they match your outfit (ex white skirt with red flowers = red shoes) OR a very neutral outfit. When your wearing all black or black and denim or denim and white most shoes will go even printed or bright colorful shoes

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:34 pm
wear what you like

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:24 am
What's confusing is that I get the impression that in the warmer months especially, some women will simply not wear black shoes, even if they match well, so they'll wear a neutral color like tan, when black would work much better.
If what I wrote is getting you nodding, you have two choices: you can wear what everyone's wearing and you'll do fine, or you can wear what looks best to you, and you will not only do fine, you might feel more put together.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 10:31 am
PinkFridge wrote:
What's confusing is that I get the impression that in the warmer months especially, some women will simply not wear black shoes, even if they match well, so they'll wear a neutral color like tan, when black would work much better.
If what I wrote is getting you nodding, you have two choices: you can wear what everyone's wearing and you'll do fine, or you can wear what looks best to you, and you will not only do fine, you might feel more put together.

Im one of those people who doesnt wear black shoes in the summer... something to do with the color of my stockings they just always look off. Even if im wearing a black dress ill wear pale pink, red or gold shoes ...

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 10:38 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Im one of those people who doesnt wear black shoes in the summer... something to do with the color of my stockings they just always look off. Even if im wearing a black dress ill wear pale pink, red or gold shoes ...

And I'm sure you look wonderful! And you probably feel better NOT wearing black shoes because of your particular cheshbonos.
Sometimes it's as much about how you feel as it is about how it looks. I think we need to have the self confidence to make those calls.

aliavi

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 11:09 am
So many times black tights and black shoes are off with the fabrics or the colors. Each autumn it takes me a bit to adjust. Can anyone relate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics