Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you all manage?
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 1:56 am
You're not supposed to manage, you're just supposed to survive.

If you got through the day and everyone is ok, you were successful!

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:20 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
You're not supposed to manage, you're just supposed to survive.

If you got through the day and everyone is ok, you were successful!

Agree with this! Take whatever shortcuts you can-my real dishes haven't been used in months (paperware is the way to go!)

It does get easier though. As you get into more of a schedule, you're not quite as tired-also I find the adjusting to working full time again is really hard.

And just to say well done for pumping-I'm in awe-that was too much for me.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 1:25 pm
We manage like you do! I also collapse after supper and can't get anything more done.
Wake up between 6:30 and 7:00. Give bottles to all three kids (oldest is 3), then get myself ready. Sometimes fold laundry or clean up the room a little if everyone is good and there is time, meanwhile the kids play.
About 8:30, change diapers and put baby for morning nap. Then dress kids.
Go downstairs, make breakfast for myself and kids, pack up lunch for myself and baby. Serve breakfast.
9:35 go outside to wait for oldest's ride.
9:45 wake up baby, dress baby, take kids to daycare (same daycare)
10:00 - 3:15 - WORK
3:15-3:45 Pick up kids from daycare, go home, wait outside for oldest to come home.
4:00 - Oldest relaxes on couch with bottle, little ones play on the floor with toys, I prep supper.
4:30 ish - Go outside to play
5:00/5:30 Suppertime followed by bathtime
6:15 Husband comes home
6:30 - 7:00 Bedtime
7:00 Supper for myself and Hubby followed by collapsing onto the couch, and staying stuck there till about 10:00 when I get ready for bed.

I have a cleaning lady once a week for 2-3 hours, she washes up, changes linen...
If the kids are calm and happy during supper prep time, I'll take the time to wash some dishes and/or straighten up a bit.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 1:32 pm
I think a lot of this comes down to your own energy levels. Are you taking care of your health? Eating, sleeping, drinking enough water? Have you had your iron levels checked? When I am doing this consistently I can get an hour of house work done before or after work. When I cant get those needs met I am toast.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics