Home

Baby ate bar soap!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:03 pm
My baby ate lever 2000 bar soap! Hes 13 months! Is that dangerous?
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:04 pm
I always call poison control to be safe
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:23 pm
I just grabbed a bottle of dishwashing liquid my 14 month old took out of the cabinet and was making sounds like she was drinking it, but thankfully it was sealed! It’s never ending with these dangerous little ones.
In the bathtub she points to the bar soap and says “Dunt Tuts” (Don’t touch).
Hope your little one is ok.
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:54 pm
Depends how much he ate but I would call poison control or take him to the e.r if he is acting funny.
Back to top

amother




Slategray


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:55 pm
Call poison control.
Back to top

mommy9




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:10 pm
My 12 year old did that when he was a toddler. Poison control asked me what is he doing now. I said he's looking for more trouble. They said don't worry about him.
Back to top

amother




Cerise


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:21 pm
Call poison control.
Just so you know, my 3 year old ate salon selectives shampoo, as per her, "because it smelled like strawberries "
I think that month I called PC 3x because of her. I was afraid DYFS was going to come. Mind you , it was 15 years ago. They never came and she is fine. (Fine-ish? Wink )
Back to top

amother




Vermilion


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:35 pm
Miss Lucy had a baby, she named him tiny Tim... Music Anyone else reminded of that?!
Back to top

iyar




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:42 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Miss Lucy had a baby, she named him tiny Tim... Music Anyone else reminded of that?!


Yes!
Back to top

zohar




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:53 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Miss Lucy had a baby, she named him tiny Tim... Music Anyone else reminded of that?!

First thing I thought of!
Back to top

amother




Orange


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:59 pm
My 1-year-old was monitored in the PICU for 24 hours because we weren't sure whether or not she had swallowed some of my Lexapro pills.

Once I counted the pills and we found a few more on the floor in our apartment, we were pretty sure that she had not had any, or at least not enough to hurt her (the doctor said that only 5 or more pills of 5 mg could be a problem- we accounted for more than that).

I always call Poison Control to be on the safe side. Here, they made us go for monitoring. (Then we had issues with the insurance not wanting to pay because it "wasn't medically necessary..." so annoying.)
Back to top

ichbingreit




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Sep 11 2019, 10:12 pm
been there, done that. 11 month old ate some nice chunks of a soap bar and poison control told me to seeif he is vomiting or diarrhea if not all is good
Back to top

amother




Taupe


Post  Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:42 am
Always call poison control.
Now I'll say what they told my when my dd are drank soap. DO NOT give her anything to drink cuz it can make bubbles which are dangerous (choking). Give her to eat bread with a very fatty spread. lots of butter, very thick chocopaste or a lot of peanut butter.
Most kids are fine but you still have to keep an I on them to make sure
Back to top

freilich




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 12 2019, 7:59 am
zohar wrote:
First thing I thought of!


Same!!
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:31 am
I used to eat soap bars when I was a toddler. I remember loving the taste (don't judge lol). My parents were freaked out by this but nothing happened to me. I wasn't at a doctor or anything. I didn't eat a whole bar though always took bites out of them.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Thu, Sep 12 2019, 10:24 am
I actually remember how I bit a chunk out of a soap bar when I was a little kid. It was green with white creamy looking stripes and smelled of apples.

My parents did not take me to a doctor or call poison central.
I survived the experience but today I'm overweight and have no sense of fashion. What
Back to top

amother




Natural


Post  Thu, Sep 12 2019, 10:28 am
My first aid teacher, who knows a lot about different emergencies told me not to be too quick to call the poison control center. Apparently, they keep record of when you call and if you call too often (which can even be 2-3 times in 20 years) they can send child protection services after you, and will investigate as to why you are having these things going on in your house.
I don't know if this is actually true, and I would love to hear from someone who knows more, but I would feel safer first calling my pediatrician and only calling poison control center if directed by him.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Nephew bar mitzvah present
by amother
7 Today at 11:22 am View last post
Baby Boy Name Sukkos 12 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:52 pm View last post
by nchr
Baby doesn't want to latch
by amother
3 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:24 pm View last post
How bad is it for me to put my baby to sleep on his stomach
by amother
31 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:19 pm View last post
Name of new baby born, for payment
by SRF
30 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:11 pm View last post

Jump to: