Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Instant hot water tap

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:29 pm
Please share your experiences with hot water tap. Would you recommend one question mark is there a specific brand you were happy with? Anything else I should know?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:52 pm
It's a real safety hazard if you have little kids.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:54 pm
I love mine and so do my friends. It’s no more a safety hazard than hot water. Get the cold filtered water too and no more water cooler. Best thing in my kitchen use it all day.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:02 pm
We opted against it because it’ can be an issue on yom tovs, so ask your rabbi if that would be a problem for you.

momomany

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:17 am
We love our instant hot water tap. Cant imagine not having my coffee the m9nent the mood strikes me. We have had several different brands over the years. All the same. It takes more effort to turn on than a regualt water tap so it is not hazardous to little ones. We do not use ours shabbos or yomtov because triggers electricity usage each time you use it. We use.an urn then.

headabovewater

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:20 am
I have had them and liked them. Unfortunately, they frequently break (in my experience) and cost several hundred dollars to replace (not to mention paying a plumber to install). The last time that happened I opted to buy a hot pot for $20 that heats water up very quickly. It's lasted me longer than any of the instant hots I've had. If it breaks I'll just buy a new one.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:25 am
LOVE my instant hot tap. Love love love it. I use it for my coffee and tea, and for filling my pots so the come to a boil immediately.
People warned me about little kids but it hasnt been an issue. Its hard to push down (and they make some types with a safety to push down as well, but not my type) and they know not to touch it just like they know not to play with matches or the stove.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:59 am
CLIPP (Certified Living in Place Professionals) recommends against them because of safety concerns — for elderly folks as well as kids.

In my residential and kitchen design business, I get requests to include one in the kitchen, and also see people who used to have one but found that they broke after a few years. YMMV.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen