Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Healthy pineapple kugel?

oakandfig19

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:01 pm
I recently had a gluten free pineapple kugel at someone’s house that was amazing, and now I want to start making it more. I’m looking for a recipe that uses potato starch/is gluten free, and also one that could easily sub maple syrup for sugar (I don’t do well with processed sugar). Any one know of a recipe like this?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 1:49 pm
I have a recipe for a regular pineapple pie with sugar and white flour. I like it but don't make it often because it feels like a junky side dish.
I'll be following this. Thanks for the idea of maple syrup I'll try that!

cbsp

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:33 pm
oakandfig19 wrote:
I recently had a gluten free pineapple kugel at someone’s house that was amazing, and now I want to start making it more. I’m looking for a recipe that uses potato starch/is gluten free, and also one that could easily sub maple syrup for sugar (I don’t do well with processed sugar). Any one know of a recipe like this?

Maybe change the title to "gluten-free" rather than "healthy"?

As a side note, I'm not sure how much healthier potato starch is when compared to wheat flour...

Here's a recipe :
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....54419

1 large can of pineapple (800 gr)
4 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. flour
tsp vanilla sugar
tsp baking powder
Remove 1 c. of juice from the can of pineapple and blend whatever is left. Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend again. Pour into pie crust and bake at 180 (c) for 30 minutes.

It's billed as a pareve cheesecake but I use it as a kugel minus the crust. There's very little flour so I think the usual gluten free substitutions should work as well as your usual sugar swaps.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:53 pm
You could probably use this. Its very sweet -- perhaps cut down on the sugar equivalent -- and also very good.

https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....ugel/

cbsp

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You could probably use this. Its very sweet -- perhaps cut down on the sugar equivalent -- and also very good.

https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....ugel/

So funny, it's the same as the one I posted with a flour /potato starch swap. Good to know for Pesach!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:12 pm
cbsp wrote:
So funny, it's the same as the one I posted with a flour /potato starch swap. Good to know for Pesach!

I think its slightly different, plus no crust.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics