Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Hashgacha Pratis Story! Please share yours too...

Surrendered

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:13 pm
I was at Columbia Hospital with a child who needed a small procedure done.
Columbia Hospital has two locations in Manhattan. One location is much closer to home so I usually go there to see our Doctor. Today the Doctor was at the the other location. This was an emergency appointment so I saw him at the further location.
I had a chesed driver take us (me, toddler and baby), but I didn't have a ride back home (I don't drive).
I was debating for a short while what to do, how I can get home. I figured I'll call an uber to take me to the other Hospital (cost $25, takes 1/2 hour), and look for a ride from there, where there's a better chance to get a ride back home.
While contemplating what I should do, 'a frum woman was leaving the center'.
I asked her if she's going to my neighborhood. Low and behold, she did, and she offered us a ride home!!!
She had mentioned that she just came for a follow up, but was going to cancel this appointment. She didn't know why she needed to go... I guess, to take us home!
Getting home, my neighbor stopped me to shmooze, I told her our cute hashgacha Pratis we just had, she sais: oh, this woman is my BILs sister!!!

What's your latest or best Hashgacha Story?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:17 pm
My story of life is that most things DON'T go my way, and this too is Hashgacha Pratis!
Usually people associate Hashgacha Pratis to an incident that worked out to our benefit against all odds. I learned that it means, regardless if I like it or not and it doesn't work out in my favor, it's the same Hashgacha Pratis. Whistling

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:20 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
My story of life is that most things DON'T go my way, and this too is Hashgacha Pratis!
Usually people associate Hashgacha Pratis to an incident that worked out to our benefit against all odds. I learned that it means, regardless if I like it or not and it doesn't work out in my favor, it's the same Hashgacha Pratis. Whistling

I love this answer! Thank you for the excellent reminder, it's something we all need to remember.

Gam zu l'tova! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics