Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What location in Orlando is likely to have a minyan in Feb?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 3:31 pm
Looking to rent an apartment/villa with a pool in Orlando for a weekend in January/February.

I don't want to stay near the chabad or orlando torah center but am confused by the neighborhoods closer to Disney where everyone seems to stay. I've heard Champions Gate mentioned a lot but when I search airbnb and vrbo, there's no neighborhood Champions Gate.

Does anyone have a more specific neighborhood/address I should be searching for close to proximity to (in the hope that there will be a pop up minyan there the shabbos I go)?

TIA

etr

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 3:58 pm
Reach out to www.rabbiorlando.org. They run WhatsApp groups that pair people coming to Orlando the same Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:12 pm
etr wrote:
Reach out to www.rabbiorlando.org. They run WhatsApp groups that pair people coming to Orlando the same Shabbos.

So just book any random place and hope they’ll be able to pair me up? Aren’t there some areas more likely to find someone else to make a minyan with, than others?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:15 pm
Not judging, just making sure that you are aware, if you go to Disney, you will see many people who are not dressed in a torahdig way.

etr

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:19 pm
People form minyans on the WhatsApp group and then book houses On nearby blocks.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:21 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Not judging, just making sure that you are aware, if you go to Disney, you will see many people who are not dressed in a torahdig way.

So don’t ever travel to a warm climate? Better yet: never leave the house!

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:26 pm
I didn't express my opinion, one way or the other. After the Las Vegas thread, I was simply providing a PSA for anyone who may be concerned.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:30 pm

This is clearly a spoof? I hope!

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:35 pm
I didn't express my opinion, one way or the other. After the Las Vegas thread, I was simply providing a PSA for anyone who may be concerned.

Comparing Las Vegas to Orlando is like comparing The Sopranos to Sesame Street
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics