Home

Do You Find Nasty Nickname to be "Refreshing"
  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


SixOfWands




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:30 pm
In a closed thread, people stated that they found Trump's use of nicknames like "Cheatin" "Dumbo"and "Slimeball" to be "refreshing."

Do you?

If your child were to be nicknamed "Slimeball" at school, would you find it "refreshing"?

If posters here were to call you "Dumbo" would you find it "refreshing"?
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
In a closed thread, people stated that they found Trump's use of nicknames like "Cheatin" "Dumbo"and "Slimeball" to be "refreshing."

Do you?

If your child were to be nicknamed "Slimeball" at school, would you find it "refreshing"?

If posters here were to call you "Dumbo" would you find it "refreshing"?


Since you just defended Hilary’s labeling half of Trump supporters “deplorables,” I’d say this is a puzzling question coming from you.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:48 pm
On the first page of the thread, one poster accused another of being mentally unbalanced for having an opinion that she disagreed with. Not the first time this poster made the same nasty personal attack. Since the mods allow this to continue and the poster still has her posting privileges intact, I can only assume the mods agree
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 4:25 pm
All name calling is childish, and shows a lack of facility with vocabulary.

If you can't get your point across in effective communication, using derogatory language just proves that you are not intelligent enough to say anything else. Ergo, you've already lost the debate.
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:15 pm
What's "refreshing" is to finally have a politician who's openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act. It's more honest.
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:30 pm
Jeanette wrote:
On the first page of the thread, one poster accused another of being mentally unbalanced for having an opinion that she disagreed with. Not the first time this poster made the same nasty personal attack. Since the mods allow this to continue and the poster still has her posting privileges intact, I can only assume the mods agree


Was the post reported? I assume the mods miss a lot of threads unless someone specifically alerts them.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:14 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Was the post reported? I assume the mods miss a lot of threads unless someone specifically alerts them.


Yup. It was reported and the post is still up. I guess mods are good with that sort of thing.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:19 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
What's "refreshing" is to finally have a politician who's openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act. It's more honest.


So should we all be openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act? Should we teach our children to be openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act?
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:32 pm
Jeanette wrote:
On the first page of the thread, one poster accused another of being mentally unbalanced for having an opinion that she disagreed with. Not the first time this poster made the same nasty personal attack. Since the mods allow this to continue and the poster still has her posting privileges intact, I can only assume the mods agree


This is a lie if you are referring to me. It is a continuation of the lies on that thead. I believe you were the one who said we have no UN Ambassador; although, one was confirmed in July.

The OP of this thead actually cited Fox as a source for saying that Clinton called racists deplorables instead of what she really did say. She never explained that lie even though both Fox and I called her out on it. Just as you never explained your lying about the UN Ambassador when call out also.

You are deliberately distorting the context of my remark. Please show me the when I said someone is mentally for simply holding different political opinions than me.

The conservatives are not the ones in this country rioting and screaming at the sky. I do continue to hold that behavior as nutty.
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:37 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Yup. It was reported and the post is still up. I guess mods are good with that sort of thing.


Sad
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:41 pm
Jeanette wrote:
On the first page of the thread, one poster accused another of being mentally unbalanced for having an opinion that she disagreed with. Not the first time this poster made the same nasty personal attack. Since the mods allow this to continue and the poster still has her posting privileges intact, I can only assume the mods agree


Squishy wrote:
This is a lie if you are referring to me. It is a continuation of the lies on that thead. I believe you were the one who said we have no UN Ambassador; although, one was confirmed in July.

....
You are deliberately distorting the context of my remark. Please show me the when I said someone is mentally for simply holding different political opinions than me.

The conservatives are not the ones in this country rioting and screaming at the sky. I do continue to hold that behavior as nutty.


Squishy, I just checked back to see the specific post, and here it is, for your convenience, in case you couldn't recall.

Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:59 pm
Democrats Power, on Fake News, Fake Education and Hollywood have been demonizing Republicans for decades as Racist, Homophobes, Mysogynist, greedy, etc.

And most Republican Politicians would not respond to these attacks.

Some People are happy that Trump is fighting back, by calling Democrats names in return.

Democrats are attacking Israel as well, calling Israel "nazis" and "apartheid"
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 14 2019, 11:28 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Squishy, I just checked back to see the specific post, and here it is, for your convenience, in case you couldn't recall.



That's a far cry from saying someone is mentally ill for having a different political opinion than me.

Is amazing the lies and distortions that pass for the truth on this site.

I still think the extreme reaction to Trunp's remark is unbalanced. I think screaming at the sky and rioting are also unbalanced. I think hitting people for wearing red hats is unbalanced.
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:07 am
Jeanette wrote:
So should we all be openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act? Should we teach our children to be openly boorish and vulgar instead of putting on an act?

No. Our children should be truly good and refined so they don't have to put on an act.
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:17 am
WhatFor wrote:
Squishy, I just checked back to see the specific post, and here it is, for your convenience, in case you couldn't recall.



It's sad that 19 people liked this post!
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 4:26 am
itsmeima wrote:
It's sad that 19 people liked this post!


No. It means that at least 19 people realized I didn't say someone was mentally ill for having a different political opinion than me.

Telling someone that they are overreacting is not the same. When the liberals on this site can't win on policy arguements, they lie and distort to change the facts and be offended.

I don't know of one post that supports that OP's extreme emotional reaction that Trump's tweet of a 2024 win means Trump is getting rid of The Constitution. The truth is I stopped reading the thead because of the lies and distortions. I was only skimming to see if one other person understands what the original tweet was about. I did PM my theroy to another poster who came to the same conclusion on her own.
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:23 am
wth??????
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:57 am
Squishy wrote:
No. It means that at least 19 people realized I didn't say someone was mentally ill for having a different political opinion than me.

Telling someone that they are overreacting is not the same. When the liberals on this site can't win on policy arguements, they lie and distort to change the facts and be offended.

I don't know of one post that supports that OP's extreme emotional reaction that Trump's tweet of a 2024 win means Trump is getting rid of The Constitution. The truth is I stopped reading the thead because of the lies and distortions. I was only skimming to see if one other person understands what the original tweet was about. I did PM my theroy to another poster who came to the same conclusion on her own.


Again, I'll post what you actually said:

Quote:

Squishy wrote:

You really equate antisemitic jokes with a joke about a 3rd term? You have issues. I mean serious issues.

Whatever is unbalanced in your life Trump is a pro at triggering it. He does this to make liberals look unbalanced. It's working.


Re: the bolded, when you said Simcha2 has issues and has something unbalanced in her life, can you explain specifically what you referring to that was unbalanced?

As you used the term unbalanced in the next sentence, taken in context, can you explain what that means to "make people look unbalanced"?

I think a reasonable English speaker would assume that your referencing someone's mental or emotional stability. Are you actually talking about their physical gait? Please explain.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:09 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
No. Our children should be truly good and refined so they don't have to put on an act.


So what do you do when, alas, your children don't feel like being truly good and refined? What if, say, he gets angry and calls his brother stupid?

Do you say, "I know you're angry but calling names is not okay"?

Or do you say, "Good for you for being honest! At least you're not putting up a show."

Isn't that what chinuch is pretty much all about? We're not all born naturally good and refined. We need to be taught. We need to work on it. We have a yetzer hara and need to work hard to overcome it. We teach our kids to do the right thing and act politely to others whether or not we feel like it in the moment.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:33 am
Remember that whole "Don't assume which must be proven" thing that Fox likes to talk about? The whole debate whether a joke is an attack on the constitution or not rests on three premises:

1. It was, indeed, meant as a joke.
2. It is okay for a president to make jokes about violating the constitution.
3. Anyone who doesn't see or appreciate the joke is overreacting and is unbalanced.

There is also the view that the joke was intentional, to trigger just that sort of "overreaction." So not only is it okay for the president to make jokes about violating the constitution, it is even okay to do so with the explicit intention of upsetting people and riling them up.

Now, each of these premises is debatable. I mean, you can make the argument that it was a joke, but you can also make the argument that it wasn't a joke or that the president shouldn't be making such jokes. Holding a different view doesn't make you unbalanced or insane.
Back to top
  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 19 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
OK to buy "floor sample" jewelry?
by amother
17 Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:07 pm View last post
"Chuck" kolichel? Like the smaller one??? 9 Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:38 pm View last post
Ch"hm day trip, Lakewood area, age 2-5
by amother
14 Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:06 pm View last post
ISO Lyrics for "vihaviosem el har kadshi"
by Optione
9 Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:25 pm View last post
Sending relative M"M in Boston, MA
by AOM
16 Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:29 pm View last post

Jump to: