Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Homeschooling schools
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 7:24 pm
Real curious. After all the hoopla, did people really open homeschool schools? If yes, how is it working out?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 7:30 pm
Oh don't bother asking. I asked something like it and received 566 responses!!! ( yes I checked) and maybe 2 answers.
Don't get me wrong it was definitely good for my ego to get so many responses.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 7:39 pm
My neighbor doesn’t vaccinate.
Officially they home school. A few families rotate so they each have certain days that they are responsible for the kids.
Often when I’m grocery shopping I see her there doing her shopping too. She usually has around 8 kids with her, some her own. I guess that’s how she homeschools.
I also noticed that at shul events her kids have no idea how to socialize and interact. They are usually tantruming and shouting at her instead of playing with all the kids. Her oldest child is almost always moping in the corner.
I guess you’ll need a real homeschooler to respond from the other side.
And they will..., just wait and see how fast this will fill up!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:01 pm
I know of a non-vaxing family who lied and somehow made it back into the school system.
Many families fool the system... Wink

whewpy

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:30 pm
How exactly can they fool the system? The dr has to send the info to the DOH and the schools go by that

Last edited by whewpy on Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:41 pm
What exactly do you consider non Vaxer. My older child had 22 vaccines administered into her body since birth. She is not allowed back into school because her school...a teacher..who reviewes medical forms stating she needs 3 or more vaccines fully in her to resume her schooling. 2 of these vaccines are booster previously given to her 4-5 times before age of four and need to be repeated only because it was given too early by careless dr and clueless mother. So if you see her in store shopping with me stop accusing and pointing fingers since my child probably gotten more vaccinations into her body then most elderly of today. Yet she is still being held back from her rights to education.
Homeschooling her for 2 weeks including my other younger child has been so amazing that I don’t even care if they go back to school. We bond we learn we laugh we learn so much. I didn’t even realize how little my younger child knows. And everything I teach her fascinating to her. She didn’t even know anything about earth or outer space. I relied on school systems for too long. Also my homeschooled kids attitudes became so much better. None rebellious. It all depends who the teacher is in school or at home. Not were child learns but who teaches them and how.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I know of a non-vaxing family who lied and somehow made it back into the school system.
Many families fool the system... Wink

Not one dr is going to risk their license. Probably family gave false documents to school

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
What exactly do you consider non Vaxer. My older child had 22 vaccines administered into her body since birth. She is not allowed back into school because her school...a teacher..who reviewes medical forms stating she needs 3 or more vaccines fully in her to resume her schooling. 2 of these vaccines are booster previously given to her 4-5 times before age of four and need to be repeated only because it was given too early by careless dr and clueless mother. So if you see her in store shopping with me stop accusing and pointing fingers since my child probably gotten more vaccinations into her body then most elderly of today. Yet she is still being held back from her rights to education.
Homeschooling her for 2 weeks including my other younger child has been so amazing that I don’t even care if they go back to school. We bond we learn we laugh we learn so much. I didn’t even realize how little my younger child knows. And everything I teach her fascinating to her. She didn’t even know anything about earth or outer space. I relied on school systems for too long. Also my homeschooled kids attitudes became so much better. None rebellious. It all depends who the teacher is in school or at home. Not were child learns but who teaches them and how.
im so happy for you that things are working out the way you want.homeschooling is great, especially if your kids seem to be learning more than they did in school

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Officially they home school. A few families rotate so they each have certain days that they are responsible for the kids.
Often when I’m grocery shopping I see her there doing her shopping too. She usually has around 8 kids with her, some her own. I guess that’s how she homeschools.
I also noticed that at shul events her kids have no idea how to socialize and interact. They are usually tantruming and shouting at her instead of playing with all the kids. Her oldest child is almost always moping in the corner.

Don’t be so quick to mom shame and judge parents from their kids behavior. Some children are truly very challenging. There are tantruming anti social kids in schools too.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 8:59 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Don’t be so quick to mom shame and judge parents from their kids behavior. Some children are truly very challenging. There are tantruming anti social kids in schools too.

Exactly well said

dankbar

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:01 pm
From Bklyn many are moving to Jersey City

whewpy

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:09 pm
]"]Not one dr is going to risk their license. Probably family gave false documents to school

That doesn't work anymore, hasn't for several years in most schools. The DOH gives access to schools for vaccination records and the schools go by that

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:52 pm

My daughter received all her 2 months shots too early by accident and we redid all of them.
She now has an autoimmune disease.
Which is hereditary. And my father,brother,sister,grandfather....have it.
So while it’s easy to blame the extra shots I have to believe Hashem runs the world and it’s meant to be and based on our family history the chances were pretty high.
Looking back I don’t regret what I did. (I am upset the doc made the mistake)

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:17 pm

Wow! I'm really inspired. I hope it goes smoothly for you all year. I wish I could do something similar.
BTW, my child is missing ONE booster, and is not allowed back either.

naomi2

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:01 am
y
What a rude post

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:39 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Wow! I'm really inspired. I hope it goes smoothly for you all year. I wish I could do something similar.
BTW, my child is missing ONE booster, and is not allowed back either.

Is there a reason that you're avoiding that last booster? Did he have a bad reaction to the last one, or something else?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 5:53 am

It's ironic that you claim homeschoolers don't know how to socialize, yet your post reeks of lack of social awareness.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:20 am
homeschool and homeschoolers run the gamut.
for some kids and families and some situations its phenomenal and very solution oriented.
theres no need to take potshots at either homeschoolers or those who choose not to vaccinate.
lets just wish everyone well and be grateful when we can swim in a healthy mainstream. And if not, and someone finds a healthy option a bit outside of the box good for them too.
much hatzlocha to everyone

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:29 am
I personally hope that those who are homeschooling for a variety of reasons will form co-ops and share resources.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:30 am
whewpy wrote:
How exactly can they fool the system? The dr has to send the info to the DOH and the schools go by that

Students were allowed back in school if they showed an appt scheduled for the rest of the shots.

Whether they later kept the appt, is up to your imagination....
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics