Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to become a wholesaler?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:45 pm
I would like to bring in children's accessories from china. How do I got about contacting stores? Do I bring them a sample of my items? If you have a store and can share how you order your stock I would really appreciate it.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:57 pm
Buy low, sell high. Wink

Order from Alibaba (not Ali Express). Make sure you factor into your prices the cost of advertising. You could have the best products in the world, but if no one can find you, you'll just be sitting on a lot of inventory.

If you are ordering from China, tell your customers to wash the garments before wearing. All clothing is soaked in fire retardant and pesticides before shipping. They may smell terrible when you get them, so be prepared to air them out in your garage, or a spare room with the windows wide open and a fan facing outward.

Get the best website you can afford, with the most seamless checkout.

If you are in a large frum community, consider doing home sales before the chagim. Give people a discount if they come to the home sales, because it will save you the trouble of dealing with shipping.

Speaking of shipping, get to be best friends with your postal workers. They can't accept tips or home made treats, but you can call them by name and give them a big smile every time you see them. "Hey Bob, how's it going? This time of year is crazy, isn't it? Hang in there, things will be back to normal soon." "Hey Susan, I haven't seen you for a couple of weeks. Bob said you were on vacation. Did you have a good time?"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 2:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Buy low, sell high. Wink

Order from Alibaba (not Ali Express). Make sure you factor into your prices the cost of advertising. You could have the best products in the world, but if no one can find you, you'll just be sitting on a lot of inventory.

If you are ordering from China, tell your customers to wash the garments before wearing. All clothing is soaked in fire retardant and pesticides before shipping. They may smell terrible when you get them, so be prepared to air them out in your garage, or a spare room with the windows wide open and a fan facing outward.

Get the best website you can afford, with the most seamless checkout.

If you are in a large frum community, consider doing home sales before the chagim. Give people a discount if they come to the home sales, because it will save you the trouble of dealing with shipping.

Speaking of shipping, get to be best friends with your postal workers. They can't accept tips or home made treats, but you can call them by name and give them a big smile every time you see them. "Hey Bob, how's it going? This time of year is crazy, isn't it? Hang in there, things will be back to normal soon." "Hey Susan, I haven't seen you for a couple of weeks. Bob said you were on vacation. Did you have a good time?"

So you think all stores order there stock from online? I was thinking of a catalog or live appointments. Any one experience with Brooklyn and can give me some advice?

To have large stock a little stock? Do you like to go to the suppliers office or they come to you?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 2:32 pm
With the internet, anyone with money can contact a wholesaler anywhere in the world, and open up a business the next day.

The reality is, whatever you want to do, someone has thought of it before.

You need to discover a UNIQUE need, that has enough potential customers to support your investment.

Everybody knows where to buy cheap hair bows. Literally everybody. What do you bring to the marketplace that will have people rushing to your door?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 2:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
With the internet, anyone with money can contact a wholesaler anywhere in the world, and open up a business the next day.

The reality is, whatever you want to do, someone has thought of it before.

You need to discover a UNIQUE need, that has enough potential customers to support your investment.

Everybody knows where to buy cheap hair bows. Literally everybody. What do you bring to the marketplace that will have people rushing to your door?

What she is asking is about the bricks and mortar retail business in Brooklyn.

How does Mrs. shop owner purchase her inventory? If you have inventory you want to sell to her, how to go about it?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 3:17 pm
You can call to see when you can come show the stuff. They will not take a lot of quantity at once and will want a few different styles if it sells well they will keep ordering more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics