Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What do you do when a store won't honor their warranty?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:09 pm
I bought a plated piece of jewelry 4 months ago from Pandora. The color rubbed off and when I brought it to the store they claimed that they don't cover plated products. I wasn't told this when I bought it. I'm very frustrated, this doesn't sound so legal. They claim it says it on the receipt but I didn't find any mention of it.

Is there anything I can do?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I bought a plated piece of jewelry 4 months ago from Pandora. The color rubbed off and when I brought it to the store they claimed that they don't cover plated products. I wasn't told this when I bought it. I'm very frustrated, this doesn't sound so legal. They claim it says it on the receipt but I didn't find any mention of it.

If it doesn’t say it on the receipt, ask for a supervisor, and if you don’t get satisfaction, tell them you’ll go to the press....

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Do you have the receipt? It would seem pretty simple to verify what they are claiming.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:16 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
If it doesn’t say it on the receipt, ask for a supervisor, and if you don’t get satisfaction, tell them you’ll go to the press....

I spoke to the boss of the branch. She said the customer service representatives answer is the final say. They saw it and said that they can't help me. She can't do anything for me.

Go to what press? I've mentioned this IRL to a few people and many of them told me "Yeah, I had the same issue/a friend did - and they haven't bought PANDORA in ages cuz of their terrible service".

What can I do? Argh I'm so frustrated! It was a gift too, DH bought it for me.....

groovy1224

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:17 pm
I would call the main company customer service number. Sometimes you get further with them than you do with an individual salesperson at an actual location.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:18 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Do you have the receipt? It would seem pretty simple to verify what they are claiming.

I do. It says they cover manufactures issues. I think this definitely covers as one since the workers at the branch told me they have never had an issue with their plated products rubbing off so quickly when you take proper care of it (which I did). But again the customer service representatives are "higher" than them so the store workers and boss can't help me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:19 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I would call the main company customer service number. Sometimes you get further with them than you do with an individual salesperson at an actual location.

I did. 3 times. I also e-mailed them too.
They have told me their answer. They don't cover plating issues and are "so sorry".
Rolling Eyes

gamanit

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:21 pm
Small claims court.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:28 pm
https://www.resolver.co.uk/

This is a UK site but I know lots of people have sorted issues through it with other companies. Seeing as pandora is worldwide maybe you will have some luck through it?

So frustrating though- I feel for you. I had similar with a Links of London bracelet- it was rhodium plated and that also rubbed off. They charged me to redip but still so annoying and upsetting.

Good luck sorting it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:30 pm
gamanit wrote:
Small claims court.

What is that? Is it worth a 400 shekel bracelet?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
https://www.resolver.co.uk/

This is a UK site but I know lots of people have sorted issues through it with other companies. Seeing as pandora is worldwide maybe you will have some luck through it?

So frustrating though- I feel for you. I had similar with a Links of London bracelet- it was rhodium plated and that also rubbed off. They charged me to redip but still so annoying and upsetting.

Good luck sorting it.

I think only the Israeli branch can sort it out.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did. 3 times. I also e-mailed them too.
They have told me their answer. They don't cover plating issues and are "so sorry".
Rolling Eyes

That stinks, I'm sorry Sad. The only other option you can possibly try is to see if your credit card has some sort of loss/damage protection on it.

Sometimes a company's customer service is just not good, and it's very upsetting.

gamanit

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is that? Is it worth a 400 shekel bracelet?

Oh I didn't realize you're in Israel. In NY you pay $15 to file claim in small claims court and you don't need an attorney.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:41 pm
gamanit wrote:
Oh I didn't realize you're in Israel. In NY you pay $15 to file claim in small claims court and you don't need an attorney.

Maybe we have that in Israel. But it's a huge brand, won't they be able to represent themselves well? What's the point? Or do they assume no one will sue and they can get away with anything.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 3:09 pm
You can try posting your detailed complaint on Facebook and tagging the company. Include a picture of the receipt with your private info blacked out. They may respond more favorably to prevent bad publicity. I've seen that work with friends but I haven't tried it myself.

Pikachu

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 3:09 pm
Dispute the charge with your credit card

gamanit

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 3:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe we have that in Israel. But it's a huge brand, won't they be able to represent themselves well? What's the point? Or do they assume no one will sue and they can get away with anything.

In the US most big brands offer to settle out of court. It's not worth their time to pay an attorney to show up. They usually assume no one will sue.

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 3:38 pm
Is there an actual warranty from the brand or the store? That is what is confusing me.

Is it Pandora the multinational jewelry maker that sells little charm like additions which you add on?

First verify whether there is some actual kind of warranty for quality. In my experience, plated jewelry does wear off but four months seems to be an excessively short period of time.

After verifying exactly what the issue is - is it warranted or do you just feel that jewelry costing $X should last for more than four months, I would do the following:

Send an email to the CEO of the company. Be very rational and send a picture if possible. I have done this a few times and gotten results

Post on their social media sites like instagram, facebook, twitter. I have read about people who have had success when they do so and a higher level customer service/public relations person steps in to make the problem go away. Again, be very rational in your posts so they can't dismiss you as a lunatic. :-)

bamba

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 7:26 pm
So sorry this happened to you.
Sadly in Israel the customer service is terrible in most stores... not sure if you will get anything from them.
You can try say I’ll post on Facebook/Instagram etc

studying_torah

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 7:38 pm
Was a cc used to pay? If so they can hell you dispute the charges.
I bought very expensive sheets & they pulled after 1 wash. The company also brushed me off so I asked the cc to dispute it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics