Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kirkland choc covered mango
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 4:17 pm
https://www.costco.co.uk/Groce.....54529

I know these have a hechsher and say dairy, but is is chalav Yisroel? I know OU D is chalav akum but I don’t know about this hechsher. Can anyone enlighten me? Although maybe for my waistline it’s better if I stay ignorant about this!

simba

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 4:40 pm
As per google the COR is a Canadian Hechsher.

I don’t see that item on their list of certified Kirkland brand products, link below.
https://www.cor.ca/productSear.....land+

I would inquire, link below:
https://www.cor.ca/ask.html

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:24 pm
simba wrote:
As per google the COR is a Canadian Hechsher.

I don’t see that item on their list of certified Kirkland brand products, link below.
https://www.cor.ca/productSear.....land+

I would inquire, link below:
https://www.cor.ca/ask.html

Thank you very much for this!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.costco.co.uk/Grocery-Household/Nuts-Snacks-Confectionery/Snacking/Kirkland-Signature-Dark-Chocolate-Covered-Mangoes-550g/p/1054529

I know these have a hechsher and say dairy, but is is chalav Yisroel? I know OU D is chalav akum but I don’t know about this hechsher. Can anyone enlighten me? Although maybe for my waistline it’s better if I stay ignorant about this!

Any item that says D with no statement of being cholov yisroel is cholov akum.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:51 pm
Chalav stam.
No need to rehash this again.

Not telling you what to eat,hold however your Rav paskens and you feel most comfortable, just please be respectful of others.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:55 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Chalav stam.

Not telling you what to eat,hold however your Rav paskens and you feel most comfortable, just please be respectful of others.

I’m sorry if you feel I am being disrespectful, but that is really not the case.

I live in the UK where things are very different to the US especially in regards to this. I am not asking anyone’s opinion on right or wrong, just literally asking for facts.

Thank you for clarifying. I had already emailed the hechsher as Simba above advised but hadn’t received a response as of yet.

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:04 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Chalav stam.

Reread the OP. It’s asking a factual question; not opening a debate on the validity of OUD.

I’m sorry you had to read that, OP. What unnecessary rudeness.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Chalav stam.

And to be honest, the more I think about it, the more I see how I did nothing wrong and your attacking response was uncalled for. You have no idea who I am, how long I have been reading on this site for and whether or not I saw previous posts on the same topic.

Sorry but you have upset me unnecessarily. You could have said the same thing nicely.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:08 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
Reread the OP. It’s asking a factual question; not opening a debate on the validity of OUD.

I’m sorry you had to read that, OP. What unnecessary rudeness.

I’m glad it’s not just me who felt that. Thanks for your message.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:20 pm
1of billions, you are the one who is being unnecessarily rude.
OP already addressed the issue.
I would never tell someone what to eat or what to hold by and it is only appropriate to inquire for herself if the food in question matches her beliefs.

To refer to OU-D food as chalav Akum, as opposed to Stam is at best thoughtless and at worst intentionally insulting. It certified by the OU and while you may not eat it and it may not be right for your family and community, it is not traif and to say so is just wrong.

We should all be both mindful and thoughtful of others. Different opinion do not make one of us better or frummer that the other.

I am sorry that you find asking people to be respectfully of opinions different than your own, to be insulting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:31 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I would never tell someone what to eat or what to hold by and it is only appropriate to inquire for herself if the food in question matches her beliefs.

To refer to OU-D food as chalav Akum, as opposed to Stam is at best thoughtless and at worst intentionally insulting. It certified by the OU and while you may not eat it and it may not be right for your family and community, it is not traif and to say so is just wrong.

We should all be both mindful and thoughtful of others. Different opinion do not make one of us better or frummer that the other.

I am sorry that you find asking people to be respectfully of opinions different than your own, to be insulting.

Oh oh, didn’t know what’s what you were referring to. Here in the UK that’s what we call it. No one here says chalav Stam, I thought that’s just an American term for the same thing. So I’m sorry - I didn’t know that the different words held such strong feelings.

Like I said this topic is very different in both countries.

and I’m only anon as I have discussed this locally.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:28 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

She obviously meant chalav stam, but didn't know the right phrase. Geez.

esuss

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:36 pm
Chalav Stam is a psak written by Rav Moshe Feinstein ZT"L that applies in the USA only. It relies on the government body called the FDA that mandates that all bottles of milk that are labeled MILK are cows milk only.
Chalav akum is assur.
People who don't live in USA may not realize this distinction hence OPs innocent misuse of the term.

abaker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:22 pm
I live in Canada. COR is not chalav yisroel. It is the Canadian equivalent of ou-d. I have seen these in Costco...better for my waistline too that I can't buy them.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:51 pm
This thread title is giving me cravings every time I pass it

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:55 pm
Many OU products produced in Israel are labelled with חלב נכרי next to the OU-D logo. It's really all semantics, no need to get offended by the different terms.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:59 pm
If it doesn’t say chalav Yisrael on it and it’s COR, it’s chalav Stam. I’m a COR trained mashgiach.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:00 pm
abaker wrote:
I live in Canada. COR is not chalav yisroel. It is the Canadian equivalent of ou-d. I have seen these in Costco...better for my waistline too that I can't buy them.

Not true that COR does not have cy products, but this is not one of them.

abaker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:25 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Not true that COR does not have cy products, but this is not one of them.

I just mean that if it only says "COR dairy" it is chalav stam, just like if it only says ou-d it is chalav stam. It would have to specifically say Chalav yisroel if it was CY

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:21 pm
esuss wrote:
Chalav Stam is a psak written by Rav Moshe Feinstein ZT"L that applies in the USA only. It relies on the government body called the FDA that mandates that all bottles of milk that are labeled MILK are cows milk only.
Chalav akum is assur.
People who don't live in USA may not realize this distinction hence OPs innocent misuse of the term.

See I didn’t know that. So thanks very much for explaining so nicely.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics